Community Health Coordinator
St. John’s, NL
Permanent Full - time
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the incumbent is accountable for the provision and monitoring of Community Health programs in an assigned geographic area of Newfoundland & Labrador. These Community Health Programs include, but are not limited to Transportation, Health Equipment Loans Program (help) as well as other community initiatives.
- Develop, coordinate and implement Community Health initiatives within a defined geographic area
- Coordinate the volunteer recruitment, orientation, training and recognition for Community Health programs
- Establish program goals and objectives for assigned geographic area
- Evaluate the effectiveness of services / programs
- Coordinate the volunteer information system administration using Raiser’s Edge
- Maintain excellent customer service and quality management in service delivery
- Seek opportunities to expand current program delivery and increase market with fee-for-service programs
- Liaise with community agencies / organizations regarding Community Health services / initiatives to foster mutual understanding, coordination and partnership
- Develop a relationship with and acts as a spokesperson for media, as designated.
- Collect and prepare various reports on program statistics and evaluation as well as budget information
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meet the needs of the vulnerable in our communities.
QUALIFICATIONS: The minimum qualifications for this job are completion of post-secondary education or diploma in a health-related field with one to three years of job related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities, combined with sound organizational skills, are essential.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple issues simultaneously in a complex environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, in English is mandatory.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Previous experience working with volunteers and the ability to supervise is considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license with willingness to travel within province. Ability to provide a clean driver’s abstract.
- A Criminal Record Check as well as a Prior Contact Check is required.
- Standard First Aid & CPR certification is required.
Interested parties may submit their resumes no later than Friday, June 28, 2013 to:
Canadian Red Cross Society
Department of Human Resources
70 Lansdowne Avenue, PO Box 39
Saint John, NB E2L 3X3
Fax (506) 674-6170
Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, we will respond only to those we wish to interview.