Coordinator, Client Service Centre
Saint John, NB
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a casual Coordinator, Client Service Centre who is willing to frequently work evenings / nights and weekends.
As a member of a small cohesive team, you will be responsible for responding to requests for, or changes to, Home Care delivery in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, responding to emergency calls on the Red Cross disaster services line and addressing general inquiries about Red Cross programs and services. This will include working collaboratively with Field Staff, Clients, Social Service Agencies, Home Support Workers, Stakeholders, Emergency Responders and the general public by telephone and utilizing the current information database.
- Responding to service requests and inquiries.
- Receiving and responding to incident reports.
- Receiving disaster services calls and dispatching appropriate disaster service response teams.
- Maintaining an accurate database of workers and clients.
- Utilizing discretionary judgment to address all functions related to the position.
- Completion of Grade 12 or academic equivalent.
- Strong communication skills, both in English and French, are mandatory.
- Experience in working in a team environment.
- Experience using various computer software packages (i.e. Microsoft Office).
- Demonstrated ability to adapt & resolve problems with limited resources.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task to meet all challenges and demands.
- Excellent verbal telephone skills.
- A clear Criminal Record Check is required.
This is a 24 hour/day, 365 days/year operation.
Applicants must be able to work various shifts including days/evenings/nights/weekends.
Interested parties may submit their resumes to:
Canadian Red Cross
Attn: Department of Human Resources
70 Lansdowne Avenue, PO Box 39
Saint John, NB E2L 3X3
FAX (506) 674-6170
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Although we thank all applicants for their submissions, we will respond only to those we wish to interview.