Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars Employee Reviews

Tough but satisfying work
Independent Contractor - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
I enjoyed the knowledge that I gained at the company, both about the product as well as the sales styles. There can be some tough days but it was up to you as the worker to be able to prepare for the work. If you think this is for everyone, it most certainly is NOT.

Days are LONG, be prepared for that. Listen and learn what the CEO, GM and your route managers have to say.

Lastly, make sure you bring more food and water with you than you think you need as you can not leave your equipment to buy more if you run out. Water bottles can always be filled by the customers through out the day.
Pros
Easy work, easy to work with management, easy to get paid
Cons
Customers, long hours
It is a hard work where the worker have to find the clients
Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2016
The person need to ask house by house who want the services that the company offer. If the employee do not find a client in all day (10-112hours of work) the employer put you in a wait list to work again. This means that the worker need to way one week or more.
It is a hard work but you enjoy if the people treat you well and you find clients. You work alone and the supervisor pass every 1hr to see if the worker need something as well as to know if you do not disappear with the machine.
Pros
Win a lot money in a day if you find more than 20 houses
Cons
No everyone want the service, so you salary per day is very low
Supportive environment with amazing management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 November 2016
Day starts out with a meeting and some training, then you go out and start working. This is a very self-motivated job as it is purely commission based. Working here has given me so many amazing intellectual assets that I can apply to, not only other jobs, but life as well! co-workers can change fast as the turnover rate is high because not everyone has the dedication and determination to keep themselves going. The hardest part is keeping yourself going all day long, but with the right mentality, It is very much achievable.
Pros
good commission with chance at daily bonuses
Cons
Long Hours
Good for people who like to work all day
Core Aeration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo2 June 2016
A typical day would start by getting on a shuttle at around 7:30 to go to work. Then you wait around the office for about half an hour, before a team meeting which consists of the regional manager teaching you about sales techniques. Then you hop on another shuttle to take you to the neighborhood where you'll be going door to door selling aeration until about 8:30PM. On most days I was lucky to get home by 10:30. I learned a lot about sales and how to connect with people. The management was very supportive and enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job was walking around for 10 hours straight, sometimes in the rain or on very cold days. The best part of the job was getting fully paid out by commission in cash at the end of each day, and the fact that you can choose to work whenever you want.
Pros
Cash pay out everyday, flexible weekly schedule
Cons
ridiculously long hours
Complete Rip Off
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
Your paid on commission not an hourly wage and plus you work very long hours and most of the time, you don't get enough pay for it.
This is just a horrible job
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 July 2016
Honestly I joined Canadian property Stars in hopes that I would make up to $30 000 in four months! Sounds crazy right? well it is. This has been my worst job experince in my entire life. They make you work long hours (litteraly wasting you whole day) and pay you by commission. At first it seemed easy work 10 hours a day selling their stuff as a door to door salesman and get paid 28% of what you made. no... I'm not even going to continue talking about this because it's giving me a headache. This company is just bad anything paying you commission is bad. Just work a normal hourly paid job and get things over with. this world is a cruel place and it's a hard battle that we have to fight in order to be on top.
Pros
none!
Cons
days wasted making little income
Poor
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2016
Myself and My friends both worked for this company. I thought i would be doing legit manual labour. Instead I found myself walking door to door selling window cleaning. If you are someone who is good with people and making sales this is a good job for you. Keep in mind however that the days you work you are out from between 9-10 am and get back towards 9 pm.
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours, poor management, try to force you to stay
Competitive workplace with eager and energetic workers
Core Aeration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2016
Arrive at 8am
Load the trucks with core aeration machines
Go door to door convincing residents to by the product i.e (my service to aerate their lawns)

I learned and memorized the sales pitch in 15 mins (job requirement)
Proper work etiquette
Learned to be hyper and energetic at 8am every morning

Hardest part of the job was getting rejected by customer after customer for hours. You're placed in a strange neighborhood and your job is to sell sell sell for 9-10 hours straight on foot pushing around your daily equipment, it was physically exhausting at times. Plus the job pays commission so you have to earn every penny you receive.

Though it was exhausting this job made you work harder for everything, the goals I set and accomplished made this job enjoyable.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
8am to 9pm sometimes later
hard work
larbour (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2016
have to work really hard if you want to get paid well, its all up to you.. the people you work with are all very nice and supportive always helping each other. The managers always give good advice when there is bad days pushing you helping you out with good tips
Pros
free bbq on weekends after work
Cons
Almost summer job and great place to meet new people
door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 August 2016
Going door to door and selling window washing. Had alot of fun. Can make alot of money if your good at selling. Management was awesome. Super friendly and motivating.
Pros
meeting new people
Its a fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2016
Its an interesting place to work at . employees get to improve communication skills . sucseesful sales persons get to go on trips. So the travelling expirence is also really exciting.
Pros
Travelling
Tough workplace
Lawn Care (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
It was a really tough work environment, very long hours and very tiring. I had to carry a heavy lawn aerator around a neighborhood and go door to door. The amount of pay would depend on how many sales you mad. Though it was a very challenging job, the pay was worth.
Pros
Cash not checks given out at the end of each day
Cons
very tiring
They sucked
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2016
Sorry i loved some of the staff but i was ripped off, conned and underpayed for the work and hours i put in. Do not approve what so ever
Pros
Cons
Long hours no pay
Fun and Hard Working
exterior window washing specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2016
its a great company if you like to work hard, you'll get paid well by working hard. The days are long but its worth it, some people won't be home but others will be, the co-workers are friendly but competitive,
Looks good on the outside, but once you in, your a slave.
Aerator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2016
You pick the days you work. But in the hiring session every person was recruited, a homeless guy could've been. It's like a cult. You get dragged into a room, they tell you how it is and are insulted if you aren't committed. Out of hundreds of people, when I quit they took it really hard. I had a few jobs lined up but apparently I was already hired. It's commission based pay. There is no base pay. You work 12 hour days. The managers aren't very understanding. You may work Hard to build a company, but there is a lack of understanding the risk involved and that nobody cares about your company. We're all just here to do a job. There is a chance you could get paid no money and work 12 hours. If that happened to me I would make a scene in front of the managers.
Pros
Choosing shifts
Cons
Hours and pay
Sales rep rather than Landscaper
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2016
Misleading company. Don't inform you that you will clean windows for nothing. Tough physical work especially holding long window brush. You only make money if you made the sale to the house yourself. Unfair and unreliable. Lure you in with a false "Positive attitude and don't give up" "Be your best" attitude. I left my house at 7am and got home 11pm with zero money.
Some employees have the knack for being good sales people and do make money so personally wasn't for me. Only go for this if you have good sales skills and have another job for back up.
You will not make 16.50 hr that is an estimate on a good day. You make nothing if no sales
Pros
BBQ on sundays
Cons
Not reliable money, Long days, Falseness
worst job ever
cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2016
this job wasn't for everyone it's very hard you get paid based on commission. you will work for very long hours and get paid very low. management is very nice but the company should be paying based on hourly rate.
Productive Work Environment
"Independant Contractor" (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 December 2016
Every Restaurant that i have worked at was outstanding. Working with employees handling & working together on anything was fun while helping out serving the customers ,giving them & providing them what they want, ive learned tons of new skills, Techniques and other stuff tha, i have added to my belt & future jobs with what i bring to the table.
Pros
Free Food, Munch
Cons
Cleaning, pounding work ethic
was not fun to work at.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2016
hours where very long in the hot sun, that cart full of tar were very heavy, if you did not get a good partner you would have to do all the work yourself or you would not make any money.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
the whole job in general
Amazing Company!
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2016
Not only do you make alot of money while working for Canadian property stars. Your learn so much more about sales and what to do with the money your making. They tell you this when you walk in and its so true "This is probably one of the hardest jobs you will ever do, but it will also be the most rewarding"
Pros
Constant learning, Unlimited earning potential

2.8