Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Untrained Management
Landscaping (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Staying physically active
Cons: Management
My typical day at work would be leaving at 8:00am in the morning and putting in 14 hours per day, and coming home at 10:30pm.
I learned how to landscape and driveway ceiling.
Canadian Property was productive but their management was unskilled and unprepared. (New Management every few weeks.)
My co-workers were always a joy to work with.
The hardest part was having to switch mangers every other week.
My most enjoyable part of the job was getting a work out.

(Also never got fully paid, for the hours that I put in.)
productive and fun workplace
CLEANER (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 24, 2015
Pros: pick the days you work
Cons: long hours everyone
I learned how to sell and operate heavy machinery. The bosses are fun to be around. Fun workplace with a lot of positive people. Overall was a helpful sales experience.
Good job if you like commission
Head of Administration/Traveling Recruiter (Former Employee), North YorkJune 21, 2015
Pros: 4 months off, paid
Cons: 7 days a week
- Long days, little work load
- Mainly common sense, not many new skills learned
- Valuable networks made
- Working closely with little other managers in location made 7 days a week schedule difficult
Slave Labor 0/5
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free slave simulator
Cons: None, it's a scam, don't work here
Parents, teenagers and college students BEWARE. The job is horrible. The employees in this company lurk around malls and basically convince unsuspecting teenagers to work for them FOR FREE.

Don't bother working here. The sales rep at the mall claims he went to university, and that he took this job full time because it paid better than his actual degree. They also advertise that you can make $100-200 per hour which was suspicious. But nope, this was nothing more than a lie, a sham, just like this company.

The job consists of a free shuttle to whatever area you're supposed to work, and then you start your new life as a modern day slave. The supervisors range from uncaring to outright hostile. During your actual pay session, they CHARGE YOU for using their ancient equipment.

Tl;dr This job is the worst on Earth, and don't work there. It's a scam. If you ever see these evil people in a mall, flip them off lecture them about their lack of caring for their fellow man.
Great learning experience and great first job
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 13, 2015
Pros: Pick the days you work, opportunity is for everyone
Cons: Long hours
You become more confident as a person after a few days on this job. The bosses are fun to be around and learn from. The amount you earn is directly proportional to the effort you put in. You learn to sell, and to operate heavy machinery.
Fun But Hard
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 12, 2015
Its performance/ commission based, hard hours some days you can bring home lots of money other days you could work 10 hours and make what you would make at a minimum wage job.
Non-professional but potentially worth it
Individual Contractor (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntarioJune 11, 2015
Pros: POTENTIAL earnings, work experience, physical fitness
Cons: sketchy business practices, misleading speeches, corporate narcissism, employees are taught to be competitive rather than co-operative
Not for the physically unfit. This business is not a scam, but it is certainly a joke when compared to other, more presentable, companies.

Firstly, they present the job like a middle school track-and-field event. The managers and supervisors cheer you on and try to motivate you, by appealing to your potential, promises of (meaningless) awards and payment, but when you're left on your route by yourself, the motivation power is lost and you're left with a 250 lbs machine to pull around in the hot sun or freezing rain. This is not professional. No other company would let their novice employees go out in the field on their own unless they are EXPERIENCED with the work. What if they hurt themselves? What if they collapse from heat exhaustion? What if the employee has a dead phone or no phone at all? Who will be a first respondent? This is why a PARTNER that can respond in 30 seconds is better than a supervisor that circles the area every 30 minutes.

As a INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTOR of CPS, you are a sales representative first and labourer second. The managers expect you to sell AS WELL AS work hard all day, every day. However, what sense does it make for employees to work themselves constantly AND be able to sell at the same time? The customer will not assume just because you work hard they will get a good deal, because they'll be too distracted by the smell of your sweat. A respectable company would have an establishment where customers can COME TO THE COMPANY when interested in the service and arrange a day instead of being APPROACHED BY door-to-door salespeople. Like I said, – more... not for the physically unfit. This job is for you if you have physical endurance, a keen ability to sell and commitment to the time needed for this job (during work and off-hours).

However, it was not for me. I have the potential to work, but I do not agree with their management, recruitment, pep-rallies and presentation of the job as a sport rather than, let's say, A JOB. On the shuttle to work, an audiobook of the employee handbook (read by Ben himself) was playing. I asked if we could listen to radio music, but the driver said it was mandatory for me to listen to the recording in order to excel in the job. This is one of the many hints (especially the employee handbook, that shows an "ideal" schedule of a 7-day work week, diet and workout program [wtf??]) that show the employees are taught to obsess over the company, and this does not inspire professionalism. Also, their morning motivation meetings and recruitment one-on-thirty job interviews (no, not one-on-one... one-on-thirty) are akin to lottery ads: they put so much emphasis on the benefits like money and physical fitness while neglecting the losses, dynamics of the job and advice on selling. The meetings should offer lessons, not tips.

Only take up their job offer if you posses the qualities that guarantee you'll do great on the first day. They'll try to reassure you that you'll get used to it, but this is a waste of time and effort while you could be looking for a job that you know you'll excel at. If you're entry-level and you're built to be a cashier, THEN BE A CASHIER. Don't go chasing the dreams they sell you. – less
Fun and fast paced
Contractor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 2, 2015
Everyone there has a high energy, get up and go attitude. It's needed for this job. Keep your head on strait and get those sales!
Ptoductive
Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2015
Fast paced environment and very hectic day , but lots of learning in terms of people interaction. A typical day at work overall is exhaustive
Its difficult
Salesperson (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: free shuttle
Cons: long hours
Easy to learn but it takes a lot of hard work

work for long hours

take your own food

when you work hard you get a bonus

get to work before 8:30
Door to door sales of aeration service (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 19, 2015
This is a great place for anybody to work who has the commitment and energy to keep up with the pace. You're earnings are based on your performance so its up to the individual employee.
Positive work environment
Student Contractor and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 3, 2015
Pros: Potential to make good money
Cons: 14 hour days and solely commission based
A typical day at work involved going from door to door to sell the service of lawn aeration. Sometimes I went hours without success, while other times, I could pick up many jobs.
I learned that I should not take the rejections personally.
The hardest part of the job was having the door rudely slammed in my face. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive, supportive environment established by the managers.
Amazing Culture, severly over worked
Sales and Human Resource Manager (Current Employee), London, ONApril 30, 2015
Pros: Fun positive environment
Cons: severely over worked
I worked an average of 16 hours a day 7 days a week, sometimes up to 18 hours a day. Days off are frowned upon and very difficult to get. this job is like joining the military it is a full total life commitment but it only pays like a 9-5 grind. The turnover rate is very high. The culture is actually very positive and fun and for a while this was enough to keep me going but ultimately the long hours left my body feeling fatigued and it was to taxing on my health. The best part of the job was how rewarding it was to help people, they employ an lot of people from any background who could not get work anywhere else and seeing and helping these people turn their life around and develop as a person was very rewarding.
Fun but poor comission
Former employee (Former Employee), OttawaApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free shuttle
Cons: Machines break down and you pay gas
Only worked one day from 11:30 to 7:30 pushing an 250 pound machine around door to door sales. Get yourself prepared it is the hardest job ever with a poor pay. I basically figured that I only got payed $5.62 an hour while the company made $350. That's why they hire young kids cause they are naive and don't realize how much the company takes home while your breaking your back. I even came across an customer that said the owner is getting audit.
Amazing job experience! WORTH IT! i'll be sitting over here with my muscle toned body i got from the summer :P
independent contractor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: experience, outdoors, commision
Cons: soreness, sun burn, bumps a bruises
Off the bat what you've probably heard from many is that this job is not for everyone. They even say that in the interview process, they don't hide that it's a tough job.... yes i put commission as a pro and keep reading to see why.

It's not like you're walking in blind folded, I knew exactly what a day would be like: meet up at the shuttle, get to the warehouse for 8, have a big team meeting, get my shirt, get sorted into a team and off we go! The training on the machines should be a bit better but it's pretty easy once you do it a few times. Ask questions! I was outside from 11am-7:30pm. It goes by pretty quickly to be honest.

I've done sales before but actually stopped because it was too stressful. This job though, i believe in the service, we are NOT SCAMMING people. We offer a service that many people love to do for their lawns, but would be more expensive and time consuming if the owner did it themselves. Takes 15min or so per lawn depending on size. If you have a peak attitude, thirst for money and want an amazing workout then this job is perfect.

All i have to say to bad reviews is that if you believe a guy that wrote 'allowed to smoke weed' as a pro....then is he really a reliable worker? yeah didn't think so lol! I did 11 lawns on my first day i wanted to keep going but it was getting dark, made great money. If you have a smile on your face and sell yourself first as a student paying for school, or hoping to get fit and have abs by the end of the summer (makes them laugh every time) they won't see you as a annoying sales person from a company, they will – more... see you as a normal person having fun doing this job for something greater.

Commission based does suck sometimes, but with this job if you are determined and get the hang of it you can be bringing home 150$+ a day (like i did on my FIRST day fyi) compared to a base salary where you go home with the same 80$ at the end of each day.

My hours are also very flexible, you work the days that YOU want to. – less
NA
Sales (Former Employee), Hamilton, ON.April 11, 2015
Woked outdoor on a active environment. We were running all day long to get as meny clients as possible. The hardest part is to a yes from people who are not interested in the service we offer.
great door to door maintenance company, very professional
Seasonal Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
Working at canadian property stars has been a life altering experience, it's a great place to work great work environment , great co-workers and I learned a lot about myself working there. when i first started it was hard , like any new job and i didn't earn much money because it's a commision job but i quickly got the hang of it and made more money then i would working at a mcdonalds or fortino's . and because it was commission i felt like i actually earned my money and a proved my value, not only to my co-workers but too myself. working at CPS helped my become a better person.
productive enviroment with many different incentives to increase productivity
Door-to-Door sales (Former Employee), london ontarioMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free rides to work, incentives
Cons: long hours, commision based salary
the hardest part of my job was working on a commision based salary, i had no garuntee on a weekly pay and it really sucked working for 12 hours and making $12. in my opinion, this job was terrible, other than my encouraging manager and respectful co-workers.
Fast passed, hardworking, communication skills
Sales associate/contractor (Current Employee), Kitchener/Waterloo, OntarioMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours and not around anyone you work with
Canadian Property Stars is a hard job. Working here i had long days (10-14 hrs a day). I leaned more about sales. Like what to do say to make a sale and to have a smile on your face all day. The management staff are great people. They will always have a smile on there faces and will do anything to make someone smile. The hardest part of the job was the long days. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great people wile working and seeing how many great people are out there.
Work day
Independent Contractor/Lawn areation specialist (Current Employee), windsor OnMarch 5, 2015
Pros: paid in cash at the end of the day
Cons: long days
Long work days, paid commission, hard work, physically demanding job. Need to be able to accept being told no, door to door sales with lawn areation, lawn areator machine operation is difficult work and the machine itself weighs 250lbs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars is Canada's #1 Property Maintenance Company! Our services include lawn aeration, driveway sealing, pressure – Read more