Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing job experience! WORTH IT! i'll be sitting over here with my muscle toned body i got from the summer :P
independent contractor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: experience, outdoors, commision
Cons: soreness, sun burn, bumps a bruises
Off the bat what you've probably heard from many is that this job is not for everyone. They even say that in the interview process, they don't hide that it's a tough job.... yes i put commission as a pro and keep reading to see why.

It's not like you're walking in blind folded, I knew exactly what a day would be like: meet up at the shuttle, get to the warehouse for 8, have a big team meeting, get my shirt, get sorted into a team and off we go! The training on the machines should be a bit better but it's pretty easy once you do it a few times. Ask questions! I was outside from 11am-7:30pm. It goes by pretty quickly to be honest.

I've done sales before but actually stopped because it was too stressful. This job though, i believe in the service, we are NOT SCAMMING people. We offer a service that many people love to do for their lawns, but would be more expensive and time consuming if the owner did it themselves. Takes 15min or so per lawn depending on size. If you have a peak attitude, thirst for money and want an amazing workout then this job is perfect.

All i have to say to bad reviews is that if you believe a guy that wrote 'allowed to smoke weed' as a pro....then is he really a reliable worker? yeah didn't think so lol! I did 11 lawns on my first day i wanted to keep going but it was getting dark, made great money. If you have a smile on your face and sell yourself first as a student paying for school, or hoping to get fit and have abs by the end of the summer (makes them laugh every time) they won't see you as a annoying sales person from a company, they will – more... see you as a normal person having fun doing this job for something greater.

Commission based does suck sometimes, but with this job if you are determined and get the hang of it you can be bringing home 150$+ a day (like i did on my FIRST day fyi) compared to a base salary where you go home with the same 80$ at the end of each day.

My hours are also very flexible, you work the days that YOU want to. – less
NA
Sales (Former Employee), Hamilton, ON.April 11, 2015
Woked outdoor on a active environment. We were running all day long to get as meny clients as possible. The hardest part is to a yes from people who are not interested in the service we offer.
great door to door maintenance company, very professional
Seasonal Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
Working at canadian property stars has been a life altering experience, it's a great place to work great work environment , great co-workers and I learned a lot about myself working there. when i first started it was hard , like any new job and i didn't earn much money because it's a commision job but i quickly got the hang of it and made more money then i would working at a mcdonalds or fortino's . and because it was commission i felt like i actually earned my money and a proved my value, not only to my co-workers but too myself. working at CPS helped my become a better person.
productive enviroment with many different incentives to increase productivity
Door-to-Door sales (Former Employee), london ontarioMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free rides to work, incentives
Cons: long hours, commision based salary
the hardest part of my job was working on a commision based salary, i had no garuntee on a weekly pay and it really sucked working for 12 hours and making $12. in my opinion, this job was terrible, other than my encouraging manager and respectful co-workers.
Fast passed, hardworking, communication skills
Sales associate/contractor (Current Employee), Kitchener/Waterloo, OntarioMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours and not around anyone you work with
Canadian Property Stars is a hard job. Working here i had long days (10-14 hrs a day). I leaned more about sales. Like what to do say to make a sale and to have a smile on your face all day. The management staff are great people. They will always have a smile on there faces and will do anything to make someone smile. The hardest part of the job was the long days. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great people wile working and seeing how many great people are out there.
Work day
Independent Contractor/Lawn areation specialist (Current Employee), windsor OnMarch 5, 2015
Pros: paid in cash at the end of the day
Cons: long days
Long work days, paid commission, hard work, physically demanding job. Need to be able to accept being told no, door to door sales with lawn areation, lawn areator machine operation is difficult work and the machine itself weighs 250lbs.
they teach you to scam people
"Individual Contractor" (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: you can smoke weed at work
Cons: luck is not consistent
First off, the company hires you as an "individual contractor". You are not an employee.

Me and my friend tried it for a day. He didn't last (you'll see why), and I worked for about a month before I couldn't take the stress anymore. The money was ok, sometimes, and sometimes you'd be put into a good area, but most times it would be a really bad area, that they have been to already, when the weather sucks.

I honestly don't have to say much more than the fact that my friend broke his ankle on his first day and all they asked him if he had enough money to cab to the closest hospital. He had to get a homeowner to call an ambulance to come pick him up. I was really down on my luck at the time so I needed the work, even if the pay was embarrassing. Did I mention I'm physically fit and have been working retail (i.e SALES..) for over 10 years?

The only times I made sales were when I threw so much bs at the homeowner the only way they could get me to leave was to let me do the work. All they teach you at the company is how to manipulate and alienate people into not saying "no" .. I never once was given a tip or told how to do the work. I figured it all out myself, which isn't very hard, but I doubt everyone will be able to do that since they have no standards when recruiting.
Positive and fun work place.
Marketing and Sales Contractor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
Fun work place with a lot of positive people with good can do attitude to work. overall was a very helpful sale experience.
a long day at Canadian property stars
Customer service and business transactions (Former Employee), hamilton onJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: sale experience
Cons: long hours and commission
a typical day at cps was wake up at 7 am an get to your shuttle. then when you arrive at shop they have a meeting and then its off on route till it gets dark going door to door selling driveway sealing an lawn aeration.The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the homeowners and making deals in my script for lunch. the hardest part of the job would be when your aerating someones backyard and its a giant hill going up.
Hard work but fun
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), HamiltonJanuary 5, 2015
You are your own boss! It is an ideal job for anyone that wants to make their own schedule. You picked which day you want to work on a day to day basis. I loved the idea. You worked outside all day and being able to pick the days you want to work I was always outside enjoying the great weather while making money! Unfortunately with it being door to door sales it became harder and harder to make money. Getting paid every night after a shift was great but in the end was not enough. Also the job only runs from April - December. It was a great job!
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2014
>helping others
>practical and hands on experience
>nice environent
Excellent Opportunity For Everyone
Salesman / labourer (Current Employee), Ottawa OntarioDecember 4, 2014
Pros: competitive, lots of conversation, excersize (physical and mental) potential free meals from house owners :p
Cons: long days, exhausting. seasonal
Great experience! Hard, fun work. Physical and mental. Solely commission based. Competitive, Top 10 contractor of Ottawa. Seasonal.
Amazing culture to be a part of and very grateful for the experience.
Head of Administration and Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 20, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits, investment opportunities, entrepreneurial coaching.
Cons: long days, minimal personal time.
Starting the day by opening the warehouse and preparing morning presentation. Once workers were sent on their way and motivated, worker and customer confirmation calls were made while attending to any other needs from those who called in (i.e. solidifying sales, further recruiting, and health and safety data gathering). Working with co-managers was always positive and uplifting, especially given the team environment. The most difficult aspect was definitely the hours required given that the day started at 6am and did not end until 10pm once shuttles were sent home. The team treated the location as though we owned it. By far, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the inspiration and hope provided to the workforce as well as the duplication from what we had done prior to management. Amazing to be a coach in such a culture!
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: amazing working enviornment, and co - workers
Cons: lack of sleep
- Meeting new people
- Solving new Problems
- Travelling
- Creating Friendship
Commision based job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: pays good if u sale
Cons: strictly commission
Saling drive way sealing to home owners. Lead team of people. Work together as a group. Strictly commission based job.
gets you involved, early morning workouts
Core Aeration Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: pick us up with their own shuttles, daily bonuses
Cons: 81% commission for them, long hours, weather not guaranteed to be good
a typical day at work is waking up at 6am on a weekend heading to the shuttle CPS provides and than being taken to the warehouse where we sign in, warm up as well as load the machines onto trailers and than sit inside where we get a motivational speech from the management to pump us up mentally before we go out every day. All the co-workers are genuine people and make it a competition to make the most money at the end of the night. the hardest part of the job will definitely be the amount of hours for the price because CPS takes 68% of what you make and than a 13% for tax and than a fee of $10 everyday for renting their machinery so CPS takes 81% of what we make + $10 so that's the hardest part. the most enjoyable part of being at work is the work environment with the management as well as meeting new people and convincing them to let me do my job going door-to-door and having them say yes to me.
boring, not fun, hard labour
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
boring long hours labour job. wouldn't advice it to anyone.
Amazing
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 15, 2014
The harder you work, the more you make. The sky is the limit! Great atmosphere
Canadian Property Stars
Salesman (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2014
Pros: work hard = more money, meet new people
Cons: hard work, long hours
A typical day at work consists of getting up early in the morning to be picked up at a train station. After being picked up, I meet with my coworkers at a warehouse. We get into vans and drive to a neighbourhood where we would walk door-to-door to make sales. I learned how to make sales and how to pressure clean driveways. The managers are organized and frequently check up on the workers. My workers were always nice to me. The hardest part of the job was pushing a heavy cart around the entire day. The most enjoyable part was the payment. Because I was payed in commission, the harder I worked, the more money I would gain.
sales
Contractor (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 24, 2014
door to door sales, management was good very supportive and helpful. it was up to you on how well you performed and how much you made at the end of the day. Biggest plus was they paid you in cash

1 2 3 4

About Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars is Canada's #1 Property Maintenance Company! Our services include lawn aeration, driveway sealing, pressure – Read more