Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars Employee Reviews in Canada

Poor
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2016
Myself and My friends both worked for this company. I thought i would be doing legit manual labour. Instead I found myself walking door to door selling window cleaning. If you are someone who is good with people and making sales this is a good job for you. Keep in mind however that the days you work you are out from between 9-10 am and get back towards 9 pm.
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours, poor management, try to force you to stay
Great motivational work environment, very high pace, very educational. Requiring strong mental and physical fortitude in order to be a top performer.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2016
For me working at Canadian Property Starts (CPS) has been the most valuable work experience I could have gotten, but that isn't the case for all employees.
It's a door-to-door sales job and your free to work at any pace you want and pick the days you work. This worked great for me because it meant the more I invested the more I got back. I became a consistent top performer for the company by doing the following:
-Hour sales seminar every morning
-Running 30-40+ Km a day
-Interacting with 50+ potential customers
-Developing product knowledge constantly
While I did learn a great deal about different aspects of property maintenance, the more dominant skill I learned was sales strategies and communication skills that now apply to every aspect of my life.
Management we're very motivated and motivating individuals who constantly seek to improve employees. My relationship with my co-workers was incredible. Being a top performer I got to spend a lot of time helping teach other employees and learning from them as well.

The most difficult part of the job would be developing the mental and physical fortitude to work 80-100+ hour weeks. The constant pressure to perform in a commission job combined with running/walking nearly a marathon every day can take a toll on you by the end of the week.

I greatly enjoyed working for CPS. They constantly encourage and help you grow as an employee. I really enjoy the community atmosphere and genuinely enjoy talking and getting to know customers.
Pros
Hard work = better pay (daily bonuses for performance), very educational, easy to stay fit, great community atmosphere
Cons
Long hours (14-16 Hr)
nice place to work
contractor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 27, 2016
good place to work if u can keep up with the fast pace of running from door to door trying to get yeses & take over 1/2 of them saying no & still push to find the 1st 1 ,managing time in a day & working hard
Pros
i pick days
Cons
This is just a horrible job
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2016
Honestly I joined Canadian property Stars in hopes that I would make up to $30 000 in four months! Sounds crazy right? well it is. This has been my worst job experince in my entire life. They make you work long hours (litteraly wasting you whole day) and pay you by commission. At first it seemed easy work 10 hours a day selling their stuff as a door to door salesman and get paid 28% of what you made. no... I'm not even going to continue talking about this because it's giving me a headache. This company is just bad anything paying you commission is bad. Just work a normal hourly paid job and get things over with. this world is a cruel place and it's a hard battle that we have to fight in order to be on top.
Pros
none!
Cons
days wasted making little income
it was a very hard and i give my best each day at work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 21, 2016
My days at work was very hard but i was managed to do my best and work hard each day. I worked outside each day but everything else was fine
Pros
Cons
long Hurst
Sales rep rather than Landscaper
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 18, 2016
Misleading company. Don't inform you that you will clean windows for nothing. Tough physical work especially holding long window brush. You only make money if you made the sale to the house yourself. Unfair and unreliable. Lure you in with a false "Positive attitude and don't give up" "Be your best" attitude. I left my house at 7am and got home 11pm with zero money.
Some employees have the knack for being good sales people and do make money so personally wasn't for me. Only go for this if you have good sales skills and have another job for back up.
You will not make 16.50 hr that is an estimate on a good day. You make nothing if no sales
Pros
BBQ on sundays
Cons
Not reliable money, Long days, Falseness
Competitive workplace with eager and energetic workers
Core Aeration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2016
Arrive at 8am
Load the trucks with core aeration machines
Go door to door convincing residents to by the product i.e (my service to aerate their lawns)

I learned and memorized the sales pitch in 15 mins (job requirement)
Proper work etiquette
Learned to be hyper and energetic at 8am every morning

Hardest part of the job was getting rejected by customer after customer for hours. You're placed in a strange neighborhood and your job is to sell sell sell for 9-10 hours straight on foot pushing around your daily equipment, it was physically exhausting at times. Plus the job pays commission so you have to earn every penny you receive.

Though it was exhausting this job made you work harder for everything, the goals I set and accomplished made this job enjoyable.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
8am to 9pm sometimes later
hard work on commision
Lawn Aeration specialist, sales rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2016
If your good at sales and don't mind lawn work it a good job. but I wasn't good at sales. I got up early, sat through a hour of speech, went out and ran around a neighborhood asking people for money to do their lawn, sat around waiting to be paid, and got homw at midnight.
Terrrible Place to Work!!!!!
Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 30, 2016
When I first started and signed up for this job, I was told I was going to be paid 17$/hour. I was really excited as I was hoping to save up for my classes. I was proven wrong when I went to the first training/sign up day and was told it was based off a 28% commission or 18% if you worked with a partner. I didn't let this get my hopes down.

I practiced for about 5 minutes on my first day on what to say to a customer and how to make a sale, then was driven to North delta and dropped off with a cart with a carbon fibre brush and a filtration tank. It was about 34 degrees outside with no clouds at the time. I painfully went door to door, pushing the 120lb cart along with me that had broken wheels so it constantly shifted to the side especially on hills. I soon began to lose my hopes after each door I knocked on, many people claiming that they wash their windows themselves, that my prices were too steep although I lowered them far more than what they were listed as (ex: 2 storey house = 250 +tax, I said 85-100) still got rejected. I went through 2 different routes and still got no sales. I finally called my manager who said I was "working hard and was going to get me to clean some houses" so he finally picked me up and took me to a house who had paid for power washing their driveway, and cleaning their gutters and Windows.

They didn't train me how to power wash but I knew from previous experiences as a kid so I worked in the sun for about and hour and a bit power washing the persons driveway, only to be scolded twice by different managers that I shouldn't/should have washed
  more... the sidewalk and the ramp of the driveway. One claimed the guy didn't pay for it and the other claimed that I should clean it clearly not having the knowledge that the guy didn't pay for it. I was supposed to end my shift at 8:00pm but finally ended up leaving at around 10:40pm and virtually walked away with 20$ from a job worth a couple of hundred dollars.

I would not recommend working here at all. The public tends to turn down a lot of sales and you earn nothing compared to the managers who sit around and do nothing all day. Some people are extremely rude, and the company lies to attract new workers. The 17$/hour was merely a dream.
Pros
Nothing at all.
Cons
Long hours (10-12), Next to nothing for pay, no free lunches, heavy carts to push around + no help.
hard work and come home very late
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 27, 2016
i work at Canadian property stars over on summer to make money. it was doing driveway maintenance and going to people 's door to door service and it commison
Cons
long hours, commission was pocket change
Great Part-Time Work for Weekends
Sales/ Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
Great experience to socialize and overcome obstacles. Early start door to door work that pays commission. Easy to make good money so long as your effort reflects you want good money.
Horrible place to work
Poor sucker (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 20, 2016
Just a big scam u work unethical hours for free meanwhile the managers sit back on there lazy bums and collect the money everyone of em right up to the goof CEO anyone looking for work look somewhere else look at testimonials all bunch of lil kids that never had a real job and thanks to property stars might never have a real job or confidence to have a real life
Pros
Non at all
Cons
Rip off artits
Canadian Property Stars
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 20, 2016
Working at Canadian Property Stars increased my knowledge on team work and made me a better team player. Sales enhancing skills were learnt in the process.
Experience at Canadian Property Stars
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 13, 2016
An awesome company to work for and with. A lot of hard work and dedication required for the job, more of a hand labor kind of job
Pros
one can earn so much in a day
Cons
one can earn nothing or not so much in a day
Cps
(CPS) Independent property maintenance contractor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 8, 2016
This experience advanced my knowledge and understanding of the work force. I have developed and mastered the arts of direct sales with credit to this company.
Depends on the individual.
Grass Cutter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 7, 2016
If you are looking to build credit history or career advancement. This is the wrong choice.
Good for students who want to get through breaks with extra money to party.
Pros
$$ Okay
Cons
Not for building a career.
Good for people who like to work all day
Core Aeration Specialist (Former Employee) –  WaterlooJune 2, 2016
A typical day would start by getting on a shuttle at around 7:30 to go to work. Then you wait around the office for about half an hour, before a team meeting which consists of the regional manager teaching you about sales techniques. Then you hop on another shuttle to take you to the neighborhood where you'll be going door to door selling aeration until about 8:30PM. On most days I was lucky to get home by 10:30. I learned a lot about sales and how to connect with people. The management was very supportive and enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job was walking around for 10 hours straight, sometimes in the rain or on very cold days. The best part of the job was getting fully paid out by commission in cash at the end of each day, and the fact that you can choose to work whenever you want.
Pros
Cash pay out everyday, flexible weekly schedule
Cons
ridiculously long hours
Fun and Hard Working
exterior window washing specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 31, 2016
its a great company if you like to work hard, you'll get paid well by working hard. The days are long but its worth it, some people won't be home but others will be, the co-workers are friendly but competitive,
Tough workdays
Lawn Aeration specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
It is a good job if you are good at selling and talking to people. I enjoyed talking to most customers but it is door to door service so some people aren't as friendly. Got to be willing to take no's as well as work long hours and have a chance of not getting paid much at all.
Pros
you are your own boss
Position as driver
Staff/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 16, 2016
This is a great company to work for as they keep you busy and are very professional. They caiter for events and weddings and i prepare and load and unload the equipment. I drive to the destination and help set up event showings and weddings.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Seasonal

2.8