Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive enviroment with many different incentives to increase productivity
Door-to-Door sales (Former Employee), london ontarioMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free rides to work, incentives
Cons: long hours, commision based salary
the hardest part of my job was working on a commision based salary, i had no garuntee on a weekly pay and it really sucked working for 12 hours and making $12. in my opinion, this job was terrible, other than my encouraging manager and respectful co-workers.
Fast passed, hardworking, communication skills
Sales associate/contractor (Current Employee), Kitchener/Waterloo, OntarioMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours and not around anyone you work with
Canadian Property Stars is a hard job. Working here i had long days (10-14 hrs a day). I leaned more about sales. Like what to do say to make a sale and to have a smile on your face all day. The management staff are great people. They will always have a smile on there faces and will do anything to make someone smile. The hardest part of the job was the long days. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great people wile working and seeing how many great people are out there.
Work day
Independent Contractor/Lawn areation specialist (Current Employee), windsor OnMarch 5, 2015
Pros: paid in cash at the end of the day
Cons: long days
Long work days, paid commission, hard work, physically demanding job. Need to be able to accept being told no, door to door sales with lawn areation, lawn areator machine operation is difficult work and the machine itself weighs 250lbs.
they teach you to scam people
"Individual Contractor" (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: you can smoke weed at work
Cons: luck is not consistent
First off, the company hires you as an "individual contractor". You are not an employee.

Me and my friend tried it for a day. He didn't last (you'll see why), and I worked for about a month before I couldn't take the stress anymore. The money was ok, sometimes, and sometimes you'd be put into a good area, but most times it would be a really bad area, that they have been to already, when the weather sucks.

I honestly don't have to say much more than the fact that my friend broke his ankle on his first day and all they asked him if he had enough money to cab to the closest hospital. He had to get a homeowner to call an ambulance to come pick him up. I was really down on my luck at the time so I needed the work, even if the pay was embarrassing. Did I mention I'm physically fit and have been working retail (i.e SALES..) for over 10 years?

The only times I made sales were when I threw so much bs at the homeowner the only way they could get me to leave was to let me do the work. All they teach you at the company is how to manipulate and alienate people into not saying "no" .. I never once was given a tip or told how to do the work. I figured it all out myself, which isn't very hard, but I doubt everyone will be able to do that since they have no standards when recruiting.
Positive and fun work place.
Marketing and Sales Contractor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
Fun work place with a lot of positive people with good can do attitude to work. overall was a very helpful sale experience.
a long day at Canadian property stars
Customer service and business transactions (Former Employee), hamilton onJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: sale experience
Cons: long hours and commission
a typical day at cps was wake up at 7 am an get to your shuttle. then when you arrive at shop they have a meeting and then its off on route till it gets dark going door to door selling driveway sealing an lawn aeration.The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the homeowners and making deals in my script for lunch. the hardest part of the job would be when your aerating someones backyard and its a giant hill going up.
Hard work but fun
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), HamiltonJanuary 5, 2015
You are your own boss! It is an ideal job for anyone that wants to make their own schedule. You picked which day you want to work on a day to day basis. I loved the idea. You worked outside all day and being able to pick the days you want to work I was always outside enjoying the great weather while making money! Unfortunately with it being door to door sales it became harder and harder to make money. Getting paid every night after a shift was great but in the end was not enough. Also the job only runs from April - December. It was a great job!
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2014
>helping others
>practical and hands on experience
>nice environent
Excellent Opportunity For Everyone
Salesman / labourer (Current Employee), Ottawa OntarioDecember 4, 2014
Pros: competitive, lots of conversation, excersize (physical and mental) potential free meals from house owners :p
Cons: long days, exhausting. seasonal
Great experience! Hard, fun work. Physical and mental. Solely commission based. Competitive, Top 10 contractor of Ottawa. Seasonal.
Amazing culture to be a part of and very grateful for the experience.
Head of Administration and Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 20, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits, investment opportunities, entrepreneurial coaching.
Cons: long days, minimal personal time.
Starting the day by opening the warehouse and preparing morning presentation. Once workers were sent on their way and motivated, worker and customer confirmation calls were made while attending to any other needs from those who called in (i.e. solidifying sales, further recruiting, and health and safety data gathering). Working with co-managers was always positive and uplifting, especially given the team environment. The most difficult aspect was definitely the hours required given that the day started at 6am and did not end until 10pm once shuttles were sent home. The team treated the location as though we owned it. By far, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the inspiration and hope provided to the workforce as well as the duplication from what we had done prior to management. Amazing to be a coach in such a culture!
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: amazing working enviornment, and co - workers
Cons: lack of sleep
- Meeting new people
- Solving new Problems
- Travelling
- Creating Friendship
Commision based job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: pays good if u sale
Cons: strictly commission
Saling drive way sealing to home owners. Lead team of people. Work together as a group. Strictly commission based job.
gets you involved, early morning workouts
Core Aeration Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: pick us up with their own shuttles, daily bonuses
Cons: 81% commission for them, long hours, weather not guaranteed to be good
a typical day at work is waking up at 6am on a weekend heading to the shuttle CPS provides and than being taken to the warehouse where we sign in, warm up as well as load the machines onto trailers and than sit inside where we get a motivational speech from the management to pump us up mentally before we go out every day. All the co-workers are genuine people and make it a competition to make the most money at the end of the night. the hardest part of the job will definitely be the amount of hours for the price because CPS takes 68% of what you make and than a 13% for tax and than a fee of $10 everyday for renting their machinery so CPS takes 81% of what we make + $10 so that's the hardest part. the most enjoyable part of being at work is the work environment with the management as well as meeting new people and convincing them to let me do my job going door-to-door and having them say yes to me.
boring, not fun, hard labour
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
boring long hours labour job. wouldn't advice it to anyone.
Amazing
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 15, 2014
The harder you work, the more you make. The sky is the limit! Great atmosphere
Canadian Property Stars
Salesman (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2014
Pros: work hard = more money, meet new people
Cons: hard work, long hours
A typical day at work consists of getting up early in the morning to be picked up at a train station. After being picked up, I meet with my coworkers at a warehouse. We get into vans and drive to a neighbourhood where we would walk door-to-door to make sales. I learned how to make sales and how to pressure clean driveways. The managers are organized and frequently check up on the workers. My workers were always nice to me. The hardest part of the job was pushing a heavy cart around the entire day. The most enjoyable part was the payment. Because I was payed in commission, the harder I worked, the more money I would gain.
sales
Contractor (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 24, 2014
door to door sales, management was good very supportive and helpful. it was up to you on how well you performed and how much you made at the end of the day. Biggest plus was they paid you in cash
fun
Sales Person Canadian Property Stars, Winnipeg (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 7, 2014
awesome company, flexible working hour good salary nd its an energetic work
Extremely Successfull Environment.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: positivity and daily pay
Cons: pure commission
A day at work at CPS involved getting a ride into the shop every morning from a shuttle pick up point, having a morning meeting to keep spirits up and motivate the workers, heading out to the location picked for that day and going Door-to-Door selling Core Lawn Aeration and Driveway sealing. I learned a lot about how to talk to people and present myself from the managers and co-workers I had. The management was fantastic because they would leave you to your work for the day (on your assigned route) and come around to check up on you every hour or so to see where you're at and give you tips, tricks, and objection-overcomes to help you with the rest of the day. The hardest part of the job was the pure commission pay which basically means you really had to earn your money but the best part was getting payed at the end of each day and seeing what it was you accomplished. It is an extremely positive and successful environment to be in that motivates you to get yourself to another level in your life.
Productive fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 24, 2014
answering customer calls
dealing with complaints
co-workers were great
friendly happy environment

1 2 3 4

About Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars is Canada's #1 Property Maintenance Company! Our services include lawn aeration, driveway sealing, pressure – Read more