Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars Employee Reviews in Canada

hard work and come home very late
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 27, 2016
i work at Canadian property stars over on summer to make money. it was doing driveway maintenance and going to people 's door to door service and it commison
Cons
long hours, commission was pocket change
Great Part-Time Work for Weekends
Sales/ Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
Great experience to socialize and overcome obstacles. Early start door to door work that pays commission. Easy to make good money so long as your effort reflects you want good money.
Horrible place to work
Poor sucker (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 20, 2016
Just a big scam u work unethical hours for free meanwhile the managers sit back on there lazy bums and collect the money everyone of em right up to the goof CEO anyone looking for work look somewhere else look at testimonials all bunch of lil kids that never had a real job and thanks to property stars might never have a real job or confidence to have a real life
Pros
Non at all
Cons
Rip off artits
Canadian Property Stars
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 20, 2016
Working at Canadian Property Stars increased my knowledge on team work and made me a better team player. Sales enhancing skills were learnt in the process.
Cps
(CPS) Independent property maintenance contractor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 8, 2016
This experience advanced my knowledge and understanding of the work force. I have developed and mastered the arts of direct sales with credit to this company.
Depends on the individual.
Grass Cutter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 7, 2016
If you are looking to build credit history or career advancement. This is the wrong choice.
Good for students who want to get through breaks with extra money to party.
Pros
$$ Okay
Cons
Not for building a career.
Good for people who like to work all day
Core Aeration Specialist (Former Employee) –  WaterlooJune 2, 2016
A typical day would start by getting on a shuttle at around 7:30 to go to work. Then you wait around the office for about half an hour, before a team meeting which consists of the regional manager teaching you about sales techniques. Then you hop on another shuttle to take you to the neighborhood where you'll be going door to door selling aeration until about 8:30PM. On most days I was lucky to get home by 10:30. I learned a lot about sales and how to connect with people. The management was very supportive and enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job was walking around for 10 hours straight, sometimes in the rain or on very cold days. The best part of the job was getting fully paid out by commission in cash at the end of each day, and the fact that you can choose to work whenever you want.
Pros
Cash pay out everyday, flexible weekly schedule
Cons
ridiculously long hours
Fun and Hard Working
exterior window washing specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 31, 2016
its a great company if you like to work hard, you'll get paid well by working hard. The days are long but its worth it, some people won't be home but others will be, the co-workers are friendly but competitive,
Tough workdays
Lawn Aeration specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
It is a good job if you are good at selling and talking to people. I enjoyed talking to most customers but it is door to door service so some people aren't as friendly. Got to be willing to take no's as well as work long hours and have a chance of not getting paid much at all.
Pros
you are your own boss
Position as driver
Staff/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 16, 2016
This is a great company to work for as they keep you busy and are very professional. They caiter for events and weddings and i prepare and load and unload the equipment. I drive to the destination and help set up event showings and weddings.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Seasonal
Good place to Earn good money in short time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2016
I started working with Canadian property Stars as a Summer Job . The Job involved Door to door sales and was very rewarding for me . I was awarded as the rookie of the year . I was better able to understand the concept of direct selling and how to build long lasting relationship with customer .
Pros
Good Commisions
Cons
Longhours
Not fun
Aeration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 14, 2016
You wake up start at 8am and end at 10pm you get only commission
well walking on your own for hours on end pushing a heavy machine going door to door none of this they tell you in the "interview" you have no time for a social life and you can't make enough to sustain a life.
Pros
Cons
The job
Sales & Installations Experience
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 6, 2016
Create your own value and job by renting a machine from Canadian Property Stars and being given a map representing customers. Great attitude, say high to Brandon & Marco, take home the money and super prizes.
You had to pay to leave
Lawn Aeration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2016
If you had to leave during the day you had to pay $100 inconvenience fee. You woke up early to go to a warehouse, hoped in a van with 13 other people, got driven to an area of the city, and dropped off alone with a lawn aerator. If you didn't make any sales that day you didn't make any money. It was just an extremely weird job.
Pros
Picked your own days.
It's a hard place to work but can be rewarding
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2016
- A typical day will be long hours, your looking at around 11-12 hours
- I learn a lot about sales and marketing
- My mangers were awesome
- My co workers were great
- The hardest part was doing the manual labor for 10 hours
- The sales was the most fun part
Productive work enviroment.
Aeration Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
A typical day includes going door to door selling the company, yourself, and services. It includes problem solving through communication to make sales, and managing time to get as many sales as possible.
Scam company!!
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 2, 2016
This company is a scam. Your basic day will look like this
waking up at 6am getting to office for 7am picking up machines and given routes and pre booked jobs.

You'll start your first prebooked job around 8/9am and are supposed to stop half way in order to knock on doors trying to sell a service that no one wants. You'll spend 14 hours doing one or two prebooked jobs and knocking on doors trying to get more work and when you finally do get work CPS takes 70% of whatever you earn plus rental fees for machines.

then at the end of the day you'll get paid and pressured into signing up to another shift. If you say no, the managers will be very rude and will try and pressure you into working there again.

They basically use you to distribute flyers and get free marketing.

There is no base pay here you'll find it incredibly hard to sell their product and if by some miracle you're able to you only walk away with 30% of what you earn they keep the 70% plus $10 for machine rentals.
Pros
They hire ANYONE
Cons
Unpaid flyer distribution, selling door to door, $90 on a 14 hour shift if you're lucky
my fathers company
Sales Representative & Personal Contractor (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 1, 2016
general labour, hardest part was working in the sun. but learned a lot from the guys I was working with. only downside is that work slows down in the winter time
Looks good on the outside, but once you in, your a slave.
Aerator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2016
You pick the days you work. But in the hiring session every person was recruited, a homeless guy could've been. It's like a cult. You get dragged into a room, they tell you how it is and are insulted if you aren't committed. Out of hundreds of people, when I quit they took it really hard. I had a few jobs lined up but apparently I was already hired. It's commission based pay. There is no base pay. You work 12 hour days. The managers aren't very understanding. You may work Hard to build a company, but there is a lack of understanding the risk involved and that nobody cares about your company. We're all just here to do a job. There is a chance you could get paid no money and work 12 hours. If that happened to me I would make a scene in front of the managers.
Pros
Choosing shifts
Cons
Hours and pay
One day in CPS
Student Contractor/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 10, 2016
I guess it was pretty fun working while walking around door to door and ask people if they wanted they're driveway sealed. From doing all the talking, I got to be more a people person, I used to be a quiet kid, but from talking to all the people it got me more on talking to a lot of people now
Pros
fun atmosphere