Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
physically demanding and fun
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: usually get free launches from costumer and tips
Cons: long hours
-A typical day at work is we go their office, assign into your team, get dropped off, make sales and get picked up at the end of the day.
-i have learned how to make sales to costumers in their own house.
-the management is good
-my co-workers are fun to work with because every one is competitive.
-The hardest part of the job is when you are having – more... a bad day, not making enough sales.
-the most enjoyable part of the job is when you make a lot of sales in a day. – less
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Contractor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 13, 2014
amazing place to work, wouldn't beable to make this income anywhere else !

was a eye opening experience
Loved this job
Full-time employee- Lawn Aeration (Former Employee), 34 golden gate crJune 24, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
Hard work, 13 hours per day i would do,it was door to door sales and aerating lawns if i got sales. our managers were very good motivated and would always help us figure out our next step after getting a 100 no's. most enjoyable part was the pay, we got bonuses on whoever got the most sales.
Productive, learning experience for me
Commission sales (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2014
Was a blast if you want to make good money for a summer job, this is the place for you.
Hard job with no guaranteed money
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), scarboroughJune 20, 2014
Pros: if youre good at selling and motivated you can make good $
Cons: longs hours, not steady income, bad coaches
They promise you tons of bonuses and 200-500 dollars cash daily but if you cannot sell their bad product then you can go home with nothing. They have a $10 fee they take from your paycheck for using their machine, the managers are very pushy and you wak around pushing a 250lbs machine for 13 hours. the day starts off at 7am to have stupid motivation – more... meetings then you spend the day wandering around with no bathroom or food places to eat at – less
educational and competitive place
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2014
Pros: easy money
Cons: long hour
It Is very hard work but With the Determination and Need For success It Is very profitable.I learned sales strategy and became comfortable talking to various types of people. The management was helpful and always there if you had a question.
great place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 11, 2014
informatitive and good learning environment, plus a good place to make money if you are hardworking
Productive and Active
Lawn Aeration Specialist (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 22, 2014
Learned how to work a lawn aeration machine, working on door to door sales, Had fun with my co-workers working as a unit.
Working At Canadian Property Stars
Independant Contractor (Current Employee), Barrie, OnApril 25, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, positive work environment, and awesome support
Cons: none in my eyes
It Is Very Hard Work But With The Detirmination And Need For Success It Is Very Profitable You Get Paid For What Your Worth And It Is Overall An Awesome Company And They Strive For Great Service And To Put More Money In Your Pocket
Great training, long hours, hard work.
Core Aeration Specialist (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 21, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: long, exhaustive hours. commission-only.
Almost felt exploited at times because of the long, long hours for less then minimum wage. They get around this by making you an independent contractor and paying you by commission only.
If you join late in the season you will be selling door-to-door to neighborhoods that the company has hit two or three times before; this obviously is not very fun.
do not recomend
o Laborer and sales representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 7, 2014
work you like pigs and have to regards to your health or safety.
Experience at Canadian Property Stars Summary
Aerator operator (Former Employee), 360 EugenieMarch 28, 2014
Pros: can take breaks anytime
Cons: long hours, and not hourly paid wages
To be honest, I hated the job, this was my first job, and as awful as it may seem, I quit it on the same day I started. It was not my cup of tea, sales and going around people's house, knowing on their doors asking them if they want their lawns aerated isn't my expertise. Also, the fact that I worked for atleast 12 hours the day of, and still manage – more... to get a salary way below of what's expected. It wasn't a good job experience. However, despite the negative parts to this job, I did learn to be patient, and to keep trying my best even when I had to deal with people who were having a bad day, giving out the worst attitude ever. The management of this company was overall good, they really cared about their workers, and my co-workers were great, they were really positive, and happy, which made this job a little bit better than the negatives I've mentioned in the beginning. The hardest part of the job for me is the fact that I had to walk around the neighborhood and knock on everyone's door asking them if they want their lawns aerated, and this company has the motto of "we dont take no for an answer", so basically what we have to do is keep trying and trying until we manage to get the people to agree and give in. However, if you keep pushing, the ruder they get, and the more chances of doors being shut on you. I didn't want to deal with that part, so I took no for an answer. The most enjoyable part of the job happens at the end of the day, where we all get together again and get our pay for the day, and spend time with co-workers and talk about how our days went. – less
interesting
door to door sales (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 9, 2014
a different and varied workplace with a variety of responsibilities
A typical day at work
Sales woman (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 5, 2014
Pros: bonuses.
Cons: on your feet a lot.
CPS (Canadian Property Stars) is a great company to work at. It is more like a family than a job, depending on what location you work at. Although it is commission, they give you all the tips and skills you need to learn how to make sales.
valuable, productive, challenging
Data Administration and Customer Service (Former Employee), ontario and albertaFebruary 26, 2014
CPS was a valuable time in my life for me. I learned A LOT and worked extremely hard. I worked there while going through a lot in my life but I found out I was a lot stronger than I thought I was after working my first summer. There were good days and bad days but the experience is a fond memory I am proud of. The management is epic. I took pride in – more... being a girl that could compete with the guys. It was a good time. – less
Great opportunity if you have the work ethic to grab it!
Private Contractor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: great pay, strong management, team orientated!
Cons: long hours, but you'll want to work longer!
I teach junior high school during the school year, and get the summers off. A friend told me about CPS and I figured it would be a great way to make some extra cash in my time off as well as some weekends. Why not get outside and try something new!
I had never operated an aerator before, but the managers made sure I felt confident with the machinery – more... and showed me some great handling techniques on my first day during training.
I worked hard my first day on the job even though I had no idea how to sell anything door to door. I just kept my energy up and tried to have fun all day, and ended up getting a rookie cash bonus, for top first day sales, in addition to my cash pay at the end of my first day on the job!
I've come back to CPS for aeration and window washing, as well as the CFE events in the fall, for 2 years now and am about to start up my 3rd aeration season!

This job is NOT for people looking for easy cash. It's not easy, you have to bust your butt all day for every dollar you earn, but you take home the cash you EARN, not what you think you deserve. It's more of a mental game than a physical one, so if you can stay positive all day, you will be incredibly successful. If you work hard you can learn some incredible business skills, life lessons, get fit, be part of a motivated and energetic group of like minded people, and make a very decent amount of cash! – less
a really interesting job
independant contractor (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: great pay, high commission rate, great skills to develop
Cons: competitive, physically demanding, requires motivation and regular learning
more like an opportunity to learn a lot of life skills, and meet great people, than a regular job. You can make 100s in a day while choosing whatever day to work, though it is not easy. opportunity to advance in the company is there.

best thing to do is, just try it for a few days, and see if you like it.
Amazing opportunity if you're willing to work hard
Aeration Specialist and Window Washer (Current Employee), Calgary ABFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, paid based on performance, get in shape, get a tan ( outdoor), make big $$
Cons: some slow days, manual work, full days.
Canadian Property Stars offers an amazing opportunity to make very decent money working full or part time. As a student studying Engineering at the U of C, I am still going back to this job for a second season because it was so incredibly fun and rewarding.

No other employer would ever let me take weeks off at a time with absolutely no hassle. Working – more... at CPS I am able to book single days on week days, or work full time if I prefer. I could even work two days in the whole season and they would be happy to have me. At CPS I can work exactly how often I want to, on what days I want to. The staff is super energetic and friendly, and eager to help me do my best every day. I can always cancel a shift even 24 hours before if something comes up.

With regards to the actual work, I've never had so much excitement as closing a sale by myself for hundreds of dollars. I've never been in better shape, nor felt as good about my accomplishments. I meet so many people doing this job, and there are endless stories from every day of work.

This is very much a skill based job, and it is commission only. But don't let that scare you. I didn't like the sound of it either, but after working a few days, I found myself bringing home an average $250 per day. Yes, I worked all day and they didn't pay me for riding in the vans, but at the end of the week I found myself with more money than I've ever had. It added up to being paid double minimum wage for as many hours for doing a job that is very exciting and fast paced.

If you ever want to know what it feels like to bring $1000-2000 cash to the bank for a week, come work a few days and see if CPS is right for you too. – less
Fun, pumped up work environment complete with extraordinary managers
Contractor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, excellent co-workers and management
Cons: long hours (but it's worth it ;) )
There is always an air of friendly competition within this company, and each of the managers and administrators push the employees to reach highly set goals, and to then bask in the glory of it all; (at least....until you're told to focus on your next sale, that is). This job is the ultimate summer job. It's tough, but it's so worth the effort, and – more... it's so worth the pay.
Canadian Property Stars has truly brought to my attention the idea that working hard for a set goal brings awesome results.
With this job, I learned how to push myself physically, mentally, and emotionally until my every efforts equaled results. – less
My shell-opening experience,
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: life-long experience, good pay, sociability, amazing managers
Cons: long hours; but that's more time to get money. only lazy people have cons.
When I started working for the company I was very shy and very unsocial. It was probably best to say that I was a bag of complete awkwardness who couldn't get through a whole sentence without stuttering and/or mumbling. But as I began to see more about the company, I was startled to see how amazing I was doing. Although the pay wasn't that great (commission – more... based, and I was matched with very bad partners almost constantly) I had to mostly learn everything on my own (don't get me wrong, it sucked, but in the end it was worth it) My typical day at work would be waking up early and getting home late. The hours weren't so great, but the flexibility of when I wanted to come in was completely up to me. There was no scheduling or anything. I'd wake up one day and think "I want to make some money today" or "My jesus lord, my limbs are so sore I think I'm going to roll over and die" The whole getting out of bed part was a bother to me but the minute I got to work, I was wide awake and ready. We had unpaid meetings, motivational speeches, but I found it really pushed me that extra steps. It built my confidence so I could walk up to a door without thinking how I was going to go about it. I have EXTREMELY helpful managers. It was like this huge family that helped one another. Unfortunately, the Co-Workers I personally worked with weren't that great (not all of them, just a selective few), but it was always the ones I never had the chance to work with that never failed to amaze me. They're just amazing people, I'm so proud to be around them. Which is why I came back. I want to get better and better, and I know that this job will help me do that. Plus, Greg Ross and his new game of elite managers are just fantastic.

Can't wait to work with you ladies and gents.
The field of black tar is mine! – less

1 2 3

About Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars is Canada's #1 Property Maintenance Company! Our services include lawn aeration, driveway sealing, pressure – Read more

Canadian Property Stars Photos