Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars Employee Reviews

Terrible job
Slave labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 February 2017
Management sucks at this job. Very misleading with false advertisement if you call in sick to work they will try to make you feel bad about not going in. Telling you that you have to come in or you will get fired.... I strongly recommend you continue your search and boycott this company absolute slave labour
Pros
Potential to make money
Cons
Long hours, no minimum wage, extremely low commission
Canadian Property Stars Review (From Worker)
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 January 2017
I worked for CPS in 2016 and my experience was fantastic. A typical work day was hard but can be very rewarding. Start the day strong and finish strong, it can be physically demanding but if you can keep up its a very beneficial job for a career and your life.
I learned a lot about myself and what I'm capable of, how hard i can push myself physically and mentally. I learned how to interact and became an enjoyment meeting new customers every day.
Pros
Choose the days you work
Cons
Long Hours
Tough but satisfying work
Independent Contractor - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
I enjoyed the knowledge that I gained at the company, both about the product as well as the sales styles. There can be some tough days but it was up to you as the worker to be able to prepare for the work. If you think this is for everyone, it most certainly is NOT.

Days are LONG, be prepared for that. Listen and learn what the CEO, GM and your route managers have to say.

Lastly, make sure you bring more food and water with you than you think you need as you can not leave your equipment to buy more if you run out. Water bottles can always be filled by the customers through out the day.
Pros
Easy work, easy to work with management, easy to get paid
Cons
Customers, long hours
Not the best company to work for
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 January 2017
They make sure you are comfortable but you work long hours of the day and don't really have anywhere to use the bathroom, you would have to ask a home owner. The pay isn't the best either. It is all commission, so if you get no sales in the day you work, you don't get paid anything. I worked for them in the summer for driveway sealing, and I would have to go door by door in 30 degrees, and pushing around a really heavy cart. They also tell you the time they're going to pick you up, and pick you up hours later, its not like you can go home from there, because you are no where near the workplace, they drive to many far places from the location. Don't get me wrong, it's like a free gym membership but its exhausting long hours.
Pros
Meet new people, set your own schedule
Cons
long hours, paid on commission, rude manager, procrastinators
Amazing place to work!
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 January 2017
If you are willing to work hard, and enjoy a healthy competitive environment, it is fantastic. I started in first year university and was able to graduate debt free, and have a fully paid off car.
Pros
Really good money!
Great Job
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2017
It is a great job for young students that want a job but is really hard if a person is not strong in terms of strength. Overall has great management and pays well when you learn how to do good sales and work fast.
Pros
Good money
Create Success Through On-The-Job Training
Property Maintenance Contractor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2017
There is no other employment opportunity that takes high school students and turns them into professional sales young men and young women like CPS does. I am impressed with the patience and dedication this company has in shaping great leaders out of confused and uncertain young people. I started with Candian Property Stars (CPS) back in 2013 at the age of 54 and felt like this was a little out of my wheelhouse even though I didn't want to let on that it wasn't.
Pros
There is no limit on how much money you can make as long as you work hard every day.
Cons
Cons can be self-limiting beliefs.
Made so much money..
Head contractor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 January 2017
Wonderful place to work, but you have to be able to endure.
You have good days bad days
Management tryst to help you make as much money as possible
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Extreme company culture but worth it for performers
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2017
A great company to work for if you are looking for a constant challenge and a place for personal and professional growth. Must be willing to jump in the deep end and commit to the job if you really want to see the benefits. Not a job you just want to "try out".
Supportive environment with amazing management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 November 2016
Day starts out with a meeting and some training, then you go out and start working. This is a very self-motivated job as it is purely commission based. Working here has given me so many amazing intellectual assets that I can apply to, not only other jobs, but life as well! co-workers can change fast as the turnover rate is high because not everyone has the dedication and determination to keep themselves going. The hardest part is keeping yourself going all day long, but with the right mentality, It is very much achievable.
Pros
good commission with chance at daily bonuses
Cons
Long Hours
It was an interesting experience, but very tiresome and bad work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
It was a good experience. I became more confident in talking to people door to door, but the working environment and the payout wasn't worth the time. Sometimes I would work 12 hours and leave the night with no cash, because we got payed depending on the amount of sales we made.
Pros
We got to make our schedules
Cons
Long hours and you aren't guaranteed to be payed
Poor
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2016
Myself and My friends both worked for this company. I thought i would be doing legit manual labour. Instead I found myself walking door to door selling window cleaning. If you are someone who is good with people and making sales this is a good job for you. Keep in mind however that the days you work you are out from between 9-10 am and get back towards 9 pm.
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours, poor management, try to force you to stay
Good for people who like to work all day
Core Aeration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo2 June 2016
A typical day would start by getting on a shuttle at around 7:30 to go to work. Then you wait around the office for about half an hour, before a team meeting which consists of the regional manager teaching you about sales techniques. Then you hop on another shuttle to take you to the neighborhood where you'll be going door to door selling aeration until about 8:30PM. On most days I was lucky to get home by 10:30. I learned a lot about sales and how to connect with people. The management was very supportive and enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job was walking around for 10 hours straight, sometimes in the rain or on very cold days. The best part of the job was getting fully paid out by commission in cash at the end of each day, and the fact that you can choose to work whenever you want.
Pros
Cash pay out everyday, flexible weekly schedule
Cons
ridiculously long hours
Hard , Slave labor
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 February 2017
THey pushed a young female like me to do all these things. I was not paid an hourly wage I was payed commision, which mean't for me 12 hour days and making 30 dollars minimum. Pushing around a 300 pound machine for 12 hours gave me strength and a will to find a better job.
Pros
we chose our own schedule
Cons
i struggle with home life couldnt sell what was wanted
Aeration Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2017
disappointing working here was not what I was expecting long hours not enough work and for the work we did do we were underpaid also training was a joke they took us to a field and made us go in a straight line and back then off to your zone you had to learn your self
Pros
Cons
not enough money for work involed
Terrible work environment.
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Wast edmonton4 February 2017
You're made to walk around neighbourhoods with an aerator weighing 150 lbs. Soliciting people into aerating their lawns. What money the residents give you is divided up between management and you. Everything you make is not what you get to keep. Don't work here.
Cons
they were amazing with dealing with their employes
sales management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2017
they were amazing with dealing with their employees. it was hard to wake up early and go their yet it was worth it. I liked how they paid in cash so that when a person leaves he receives his money and feels great.
Pros
get paid cash
Cons
Almost summer job and great place to meet new people
door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 August 2016
Going door to door and selling window washing. Had alot of fun. Can make alot of money if your good at selling. Management was awesome. Super friendly and motivating.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Ultimate summer job for high school/university students
Sales and window washing (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2017
I worked my first season at cps in 2016. At first it was very hard mentally and physically but over time I realized how much potential to make money there was. The other people you work with are usually very nice and supportive. The managers are the best and most dedicated people I have ever met. The hours are long and the work is hard but if you have good motivation and you don't give up easy you can make a ridiculous ammount of money. People making 500 to 700 dollars in one day was common for me and others. You make as much money as you are willing to work for (which is great because most jobs for younger people usually don't pay very well). I recommend hard working individuals who are looking for a challenge and opportunity to try working at cps. It is an amazing learning opportunity. I will definitely work there in 2017 and maybe years to come.
Pros
Money, managers, coworkers, pick the days you work
Cons
Very physically and mentally demanding
competitive and social with others
full time driveway sealing contractor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
This jobs grants me the ability to make a sale while leaving a good impression on potential clients. It also helped to communicate with people and my co-workers are friendly and easy to befriend with Although the conditions are hard to go by (the weather could get bad, you might not get a sale easily in a day, etc.), I got used to it and try to conquer my goals with a smile! Also, you can pick your own days when you`re available and cancel them in 48 hours and you can win bonuses each day if you reached a specific goal that they gave you.
Pros
- pick your own days, you get paid 23% commission (if working alone)
Cons
if you don't make a sale, you won't get paid for that day, the weather's would be harsh to work by

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Property Stars. Our community is ready to answer.

Canadian Property Stars Reviews by Location