Canadian Property Stars Employee Reviews

Productive work place fun with a lot of new potential friends
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2017
Managers are always nice and polite always try to help you do your best, appropriate workplace environment positivity and encouragement. New friends and awesome colleagues
Pros
Good pay
Long Hard Work For So Little In Return
Salesman (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 April 2017
A typical day included selling the company’s product. Duties included prep driveways, cleaning, taping and spraying driveway with asphalting tar. Pay was horrible. Only made money if you sold product and even with sales pay was not good unless you sold many daily. Horrible structure for pay model, 100% commission based, one day I worked for 11 hours and made 50$
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Worst Paying Job i have ever experienced
Productive and long hours. Commission.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2017
This job was good for people who persever through longs days with a positive attitude. I developed a good attitude and it taught me that if I really wanted my money, I'd have to be smart with creating sales and convincing customers that we wash the exterior part of their home to make it look fresh and clean.
Pros
Big pay
Cons
Some days you don't make any cash.
The sickest way to make money on your own time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 March 2017
They have an amazing opportunity to make money on your own time completely commission based an u can make bonus's based on performance it's a really great way to get money to pay the bills
Pros
See all across Ontario and make tons of money
Cons
Extreme company culture but worth it for performers
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2017
A great company to work for if you are looking for a constant challenge and a place for personal and professional growth. Must be willing to jump in the deep end and commit to the job if you really want to see the benefits. Not a job you just want to "try out".
Canadian Property Stars - good stepping stone to learn about sales for students
Driveway Sealer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2017
Summer job mostly outdoors. I learned about door to door selling. Working within a team of two people. Duties included driveway sealing and handling customer cash.
Pros
interacting with people, sales, team work
Cons
working in hot weather outdoors long hours, commision based pay
Lies and fake ad
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
The ad u see here is not what you get they pay very low for extremely physical work not worth it.......................................................
Pros
Cons
Lies, physical demanding
Very bad Experience
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 February 2017
Joining and working with this company was the very worst experience i ever made.They put on advertisements on every bus stops saying that you can make 400 a week like that this is truly nonsense you have to go door to door promoting window cleaning and other stuffs.If you can not catch a customer you wont have anything.This is Misleading advertising. Dont be fooled.I am saying this because i saw their advertising campaign is going on again to catch employees
Pros
No Pros
Cons
All are Cons..Exploiting your Labor
i struggle with home life couldnt sell what was wanted
Aeration Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2017
disappointing working here was not what I was expecting long hours not enough work and for the work we did do we were underpaid also training was a joke they took us to a field and made us go in a straight line and back then off to your zone you had to learn your self
Pros
Cons
not enough money for work involed
Hard , Slave labor
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 February 2017
THey pushed a young female like me to do all these things. I was not paid an hourly wage I was payed commision, which mean't for me 12 hour days and making 30 dollars minimum. Pushing around a 300 pound machine for 12 hours gave me strength and a will to find a better job.
Pros
we chose our own schedule
Cons
they were amazing with dealing with their employes
sales management (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2017
they were amazing with dealing with their employees. it was hard to wake up early and go their yet it was worth it. I liked how they paid in cash so that when a person leaves he receives his money and feels great.
Pros
get paid cash
Cons
Don't be fooled by the ad
Landscape Tech (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2017
I'm just stating something, this is not an hourly paid job. If you don't get any sales, you will not get any money. If you fear doing door to door sales, you will not do well. They will make you work on holidays. I was told we were working in the N.E neighbourhoods because no one there celebrates easter due to their religion and ethnicity.
Terrible job
Slave labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 February 2017
Management sucks at this job. Very misleading with false advertisement if you call in sick to work they will try to make you feel bad about not going in. Telling you that you have to come in or you will get fired.... I strongly recommend you continue your search and boycott this company absolute slave labour
Pros
Potential to make money
Cons
Long hours, no minimum wage, extremely low commission
Terrible work environment.
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Wast edmonton4 February 2017
You're made to walk around neighbourhoods with an aerator weighing 150 lbs. Soliciting people into aerating their lawns. What money the residents give you is divided up between management and you. Everything you make is not what you get to keep. Don't work here.
Great Job
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2017
It is a great job for young students that want a job but is really hard if a person is not strong in terms of strength. Overall has great management and pays well when you learn how to do good sales and work fast.
Pros
Good money
brutal time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada31 January 2017
door to door sales is not something that is all that good if theres no hourly wage at all and you only make 28% of what you sell in the day.
Ultimate summer job for high school/university students
Sales and window washing (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2017
I worked my first season at cps in 2016. At first it was very hard mentally and physically but over time I realized how much potential to make money there was. The other people you work with are usually very nice and supportive. The managers are the best and most dedicated people I have ever met. The hours are long and the work is hard but if you have good motivation and you don't give up easy you can make a ridiculous ammount of money. People making 500 to 700 dollars in one day was common for me and others. You make as much money as you are willing to work for (which is great because most jobs for younger people usually don't pay very well). I recommend hard working individuals who are looking for a challenge and opportunity to try working at cps. It is an amazing learning opportunity. I will definitely work there in 2017 and maybe years to come.
Pros
Money, managers, coworkers, pick the days you work
Cons
Very physically and mentally demanding
Not the best company to work for
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 January 2017
They make sure you are comfortable but you work long hours of the day and don't really have anywhere to use the bathroom, you would have to ask a home owner. The pay isn't the best either. It is all commission, so if you get no sales in the day you work, you don't get paid anything. I worked for them in the summer for driveway sealing, and I would have to go door by door in 30 degrees, and pushing around a really heavy cart. They also tell you the time they're going to pick you up, and pick you up hours later, its not like you can go home from there, because you are no where near the workplace, they drive to many far places from the location. Don't get me wrong, it's like a free gym membership but its exhausting long hours.
Pros
Meet new people, set your own schedule
Cons
long hours, paid on commission, rude manager, procrastinators
It was an interesting experience, but very tiresome and bad work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
It was a good experience. I became more confident in talking to people door to door, but the working environment and the payout wasn't worth the time. Sometimes I would work 12 hours and leave the night with no cash, because we got payed depending on the amount of sales we made.
Pros
We got to make our schedules
Cons
Long hours and you aren't guaranteed to be payed
Canadian Property Stars Review (From Worker)
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 January 2017
I worked for CPS in 2016 and my experience was fantastic. A typical work day was hard but can be very rewarding. Start the day strong and finish strong, it can be physically demanding but if you can keep up its a very beneficial job for a career and your life.
I learned a lot about myself and what I'm capable of, how hard i can push myself physically and mentally. I learned how to interact and became an enjoyment meeting new customers every day.
Pros
Choose the days you work
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Property Stars. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval