Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
EX ROUTE MANAGER
Worker turned Route Manager (Former Employee), GTA not specifying which locationMay 26, 2015
Pros: if its sunny while working free tan
Cons: Long Hours, Horrible Pay, Massive Lack of Communication, and EVERY & ANY decision made by management is to benefit themselves not the workers!
As a route manager with this company they want you to be at work for 7AM-12PM(Midnight) there are many many occasions where you are asked to stay later till 1-2AM. However, you still need to factor in driving to and from work, most night you are getting 4-5hrs of sleep if you're lucky. You are not allowed to take a single day off for all of April, once May rolls around you are aloud one 3day cluster a month to take off and even at that you are asked to come in to work for 2hrs in the morning to do shuttles and 2 hours at the night to do shuttles, so don't think about leaving the city for even one day till september comes around.

As a worker you are allowed more of a life by being able to choose the days you come in. However, as a worker you are expected to work from 8-8:30AM-10-11PM despite the fact that they tell new workers they are only required to work 8-9hrs. a day. You are not allowed to go home during the day no matter the situation wether it be an injury or family emergency. I was told by my General Manager to not allow anyone to go home till we get back to the shop which is usually around 9PM if not later. (So don't hurt yourself early in the morning!)

Also as a worker once you show up for work you are required to work in any weather condition, good luck asking your route manager to pick you up if it starts snowing, raining, thunder storming, etc. I was forced to fire several workers for wanting to go home when it was raining by my GM.

As a Route Manager your job is to recruit and hire anyone and everyone the more people who show up the better the "Stats" – more... are for the city's location. They don't care if you are 14-15yrs old or 70+yrs old. They hire people who they know won't excel in the job and make jokes about it before the workers show up to their first day. The management staff gets paid a percentage of the overall revenue brought in by all the workers, which they are never aloud to tell the workers.

I have seen many people come work 14-16hr days and leave with under $15 pay. This is because "You get paid what you're worth" as they like to say in the hiring sessions. They do not care to help you excel they focus on the guys working in the company for several year to make there highest earners earn more because they benefit more from that at the end of the year when the management team gets paid.

Lastly, the company legitimately tries to brain wash their workers by parsing the CEO Ben Stewart who is a joke himself. But that is a huge separate essay we won't get into. – less
Its difficult
Salesperson (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: free shuttle
Cons: long hours
Easy to learn but it takes a lot of hard work

work for long hours

take your own food

when you work hard you get a bonus

get to work before 8:30
Door to door sales of aeration service (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 19, 2015
This is a great place for anybody to work who has the commitment and energy to keep up with the pace. You're earnings are based on your performance so its up to the individual employee.
Positive work environment
Student Contractor and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 3, 2015
Pros: Potential to make good money
Cons: 14 hour days and solely commission based
A typical day at work involved going from door to door to sell the service of lawn aeration. Sometimes I went hours without success, while other times, I could pick up many jobs.
I learned that I should not take the rejections personally.
The hardest part of the job was having the door rudely slammed in my face. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive, supportive environment established by the managers.
Amazing Culture, severly over worked
Sales and Human Resource Manager (Current Employee), London, ONApril 30, 2015
Pros: Fun positive environment
Cons: severely over worked
I worked an average of 16 hours a day 7 days a week, sometimes up to 18 hours a day. Days off are frowned upon and very difficult to get. this job is like joining the military it is a full total life commitment but it only pays like a 9-5 grind. The turnover rate is very high. The culture is actually very positive and fun and for a while this was enough to keep me going but ultimately the long hours left my body feeling fatigued and it was to taxing on my health. The best part of the job was how rewarding it was to help people, they employ an lot of people from any background who could not get work anywhere else and seeing and helping these people turn their life around and develop as a person was very rewarding.
Fun but poor comission
Former employee (Former Employee), OttawaApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free shuttle
Cons: Machines break down and you pay gas
Only worked one day from 11:30 to 7:30 pushing an 250 pound machine around door to door sales. Get yourself prepared it is the hardest job ever with a poor pay. I basically figured that I only got payed $5.62 an hour while the company made $350. That's why they hire young kids cause they are naive and don't realize how much the company takes home while your breaking your back. I even came across an customer that said the owner is getting audit.
Amazing job experience! WORTH IT! i'll be sitting over here with my muscle toned body i got from the summer :P
independent contractor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: experience, outdoors, commision
Cons: soreness, sun burn, bumps a bruises
Off the bat what you've probably heard from many is that this job is not for everyone. They even say that in the interview process, they don't hide that it's a tough job.... yes i put commission as a pro and keep reading to see why.

It's not like you're walking in blind folded, I knew exactly what a day would be like: meet up at the shuttle, get to the warehouse for 8, have a big team meeting, get my shirt, get sorted into a team and off we go! The training on the machines should be a bit better but it's pretty easy once you do it a few times. Ask questions! I was outside from 11am-7:30pm. It goes by pretty quickly to be honest.

I've done sales before but actually stopped because it was too stressful. This job though, i believe in the service, we are NOT SCAMMING people. We offer a service that many people love to do for their lawns, but would be more expensive and time consuming if the owner did it themselves. Takes 15min or so per lawn depending on size. If you have a peak attitude, thirst for money and want an amazing workout then this job is perfect.

All i have to say to bad reviews is that if you believe a guy that wrote 'allowed to smoke weed' as a pro....then is he really a reliable worker? yeah didn't think so lol! I did 11 lawns on my first day i wanted to keep going but it was getting dark, made great money. If you have a smile on your face and sell yourself first as a student paying for school, or hoping to get fit and have abs by the end of the summer (makes them laugh every time) they won't see you as a annoying sales person from a company, they will – more... see you as a normal person having fun doing this job for something greater.

Commission based does suck sometimes, but with this job if you are determined and get the hang of it you can be bringing home 150$+ a day (like i did on my FIRST day fyi) compared to a base salary where you go home with the same 80$ at the end of each day.

My hours are also very flexible, you work the days that YOU want to. – less
NA
Sales (Former Employee), Hamilton, ON.April 11, 2015
Woked outdoor on a active environment. We were running all day long to get as meny clients as possible. The hardest part is to a yes from people who are not interested in the service we offer.
great door to door maintenance company, very professional
Seasonal Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
Working at canadian property stars has been a life altering experience, it's a great place to work great work environment , great co-workers and I learned a lot about myself working there. when i first started it was hard , like any new job and i didn't earn much money because it's a commision job but i quickly got the hang of it and made more money then i would working at a mcdonalds or fortino's . and because it was commission i felt like i actually earned my money and a proved my value, not only to my co-workers but too myself. working at CPS helped my become a better person.
productive enviroment with many different incentives to increase productivity
Door-to-Door sales (Former Employee), london ontarioMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free rides to work, incentives
Cons: long hours, commision based salary
the hardest part of my job was working on a commision based salary, i had no garuntee on a weekly pay and it really sucked working for 12 hours and making $12. in my opinion, this job was terrible, other than my encouraging manager and respectful co-workers.
Fast passed, hardworking, communication skills
Sales associate/contractor (Current Employee), Kitchener/Waterloo, OntarioMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours and not around anyone you work with
Canadian Property Stars is a hard job. Working here i had long days (10-14 hrs a day). I leaned more about sales. Like what to do say to make a sale and to have a smile on your face all day. The management staff are great people. They will always have a smile on there faces and will do anything to make someone smile. The hardest part of the job was the long days. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great people wile working and seeing how many great people are out there.
Work day
Independent Contractor/Lawn areation specialist (Current Employee), windsor OnMarch 5, 2015
Pros: paid in cash at the end of the day
Cons: long days
Long work days, paid commission, hard work, physically demanding job. Need to be able to accept being told no, door to door sales with lawn areation, lawn areator machine operation is difficult work and the machine itself weighs 250lbs.
they teach you to scam people
"Individual Contractor" (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: you can smoke weed at work
Cons: luck is not consistent
First off, the company hires you as an "individual contractor". You are not an employee.

Me and my friend tried it for a day. He didn't last (you'll see why), and I worked for about a month before I couldn't take the stress anymore. The money was ok, sometimes, and sometimes you'd be put into a good area, but most times it would be a really bad area, that they have been to already, when the weather sucks.

I honestly don't have to say much more than the fact that my friend broke his ankle on his first day and all they asked him if he had enough money to cab to the closest hospital. He had to get a homeowner to call an ambulance to come pick him up. I was really down on my luck at the time so I needed the work, even if the pay was embarrassing. Did I mention I'm physically fit and have been working retail (i.e SALES..) for over 10 years?

The only times I made sales were when I threw so much bs at the homeowner the only way they could get me to leave was to let me do the work. All they teach you at the company is how to manipulate and alienate people into not saying "no" .. I never once was given a tip or told how to do the work. I figured it all out myself, which isn't very hard, but I doubt everyone will be able to do that since they have no standards when recruiting.
Positive and fun work place.
Marketing and Sales Contractor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
Fun work place with a lot of positive people with good can do attitude to work. overall was a very helpful sale experience.
a long day at Canadian property stars
Customer service and business transactions (Former Employee), hamilton onJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: sale experience
Cons: long hours and commission
a typical day at cps was wake up at 7 am an get to your shuttle. then when you arrive at shop they have a meeting and then its off on route till it gets dark going door to door selling driveway sealing an lawn aeration.The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the homeowners and making deals in my script for lunch. the hardest part of the job would be when your aerating someones backyard and its a giant hill going up.
Hard work but fun
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), HamiltonJanuary 5, 2015
You are your own boss! It is an ideal job for anyone that wants to make their own schedule. You picked which day you want to work on a day to day basis. I loved the idea. You worked outside all day and being able to pick the days you want to work I was always outside enjoying the great weather while making money! Unfortunately with it being door to door sales it became harder and harder to make money. Getting paid every night after a shift was great but in the end was not enough. Also the job only runs from April - December. It was a great job!
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2014
>helping others
>practical and hands on experience
>nice environent
Excellent Opportunity For Everyone
Salesman / labourer (Current Employee), Ottawa OntarioDecember 4, 2014
Pros: competitive, lots of conversation, excersize (physical and mental) potential free meals from house owners :p
Cons: long days, exhausting. seasonal
Great experience! Hard, fun work. Physical and mental. Solely commission based. Competitive, Top 10 contractor of Ottawa. Seasonal.
Amazing culture to be a part of and very grateful for the experience.
Head of Administration and Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 20, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits, investment opportunities, entrepreneurial coaching.
Cons: long days, minimal personal time.
Starting the day by opening the warehouse and preparing morning presentation. Once workers were sent on their way and motivated, worker and customer confirmation calls were made while attending to any other needs from those who called in (i.e. solidifying sales, further recruiting, and health and safety data gathering). Working with co-managers was always positive and uplifting, especially given the team environment. The most difficult aspect was definitely the hours required given that the day started at 6am and did not end until 10pm once shuttles were sent home. The team treated the location as though we owned it. By far, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the inspiration and hope provided to the workforce as well as the duplication from what we had done prior to management. Amazing to be a coach in such a culture!
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: amazing working enviornment, and co - workers
Cons: lack of sleep
- Meeting new people
- Solving new Problems
- Travelling
- Creating Friendship

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars is Canada's #1 Property Maintenance Company! Our services include lawn aeration, driveway sealing, pressure – Read more