Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun
Sales Person Canadian Property Stars, Winnipeg (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 7, 2014
awesome company, flexible working hour good salary nd its an energetic work
Extremely Successfull Environment.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: positivity and daily pay
Cons: pure commission
A day at work at CPS involved getting a ride into the shop every morning from a shuttle pick up point, having a morning meeting to keep spirits up and motivate the workers, heading out to the location picked for that day and going Door-to-Door selling Core Lawn Aeration and Driveway sealing. I learned a lot about how to talk to people and present myself – more... from the managers and co-workers I had. The management was fantastic because they would leave you to your work for the day (on your assigned route) and come around to check up on you every hour or so to see where you're at and give you tips, tricks, and objection-overcomes to help you with the rest of the day. The hardest part of the job was the pure commission pay which basically means you really had to earn your money but the best part was getting payed at the end of each day and seeing what it was you accomplished. It is an extremely positive and successful environment to be in that motivates you to get yourself to another level in your life. – less
Productive fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 24, 2014
answering customer calls
dealing with complaints
co-workers were great
friendly happy environment
Very productive, and can be fun to work, if you have a strong work ethic
Contractor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 23, 2014
Pros: bringing lunch is mandatory
Cons: long hours
It is a tough job, but can be accomplishable. I learned what it's like to be a door-to-door salesman, and it is not easy. Management is very good, and the co-workers are positive people. The hardest part of the job, is not being accepted by home-owners. It takes I toll on people, and that is the part where self-confidence is key. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job, is that we have a free shuttle service, that goes to specific locations where the route manager picks up/drops off workers after the day is done. The other good thing about this job, is the fact that you can choose the days to work. We make our own schedule, but the managers remain at the company's residence, where we sign in. – less
physically demanding and fun
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: usually get free launches from costumer and tips
Cons: long hours
-A typical day at work is we go their office, assign into your team, get dropped off, make sales and get picked up at the end of the day.
-i have learned how to make sales to costumers in their own house.
-the management is good
-my co-workers are fun to work with because every one is competitive.
-The hardest part of the job is when you are having – more... a bad day, not making enough sales.
-the most enjoyable part of the job is when you make a lot of sales in a day. – less
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Contractor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 13, 2014
amazing place to work, wouldn't beable to make this income anywhere else !

was a eye opening experience
Loved this job
Full-time employee- Lawn Aeration (Former Employee), 34 golden gate crJune 24, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
Hard work, 13 hours per day i would do,it was door to door sales and aerating lawns if i got sales. our managers were very good motivated and would always help us figure out our next step after getting a 100 no's. most enjoyable part was the pay, we got bonuses on whoever got the most sales.
Productive, learning experience for me
Commission sales (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2014
Was a blast if you want to make good money for a summer job, this is the place for you.
Hard job with no guaranteed money
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), scarboroughJune 20, 2014
Pros: if youre good at selling and motivated you can make good $
Cons: longs hours, not steady income, bad coaches
They promise you tons of bonuses and 200-500 dollars cash daily but if you cannot sell their bad product then you can go home with nothing. They have a $10 fee they take from your paycheck for using their machine, the managers are very pushy and you wak around pushing a 250lbs machine for 13 hours. the day starts off at 7am to have stupid motivation – more... meetings then you spend the day wandering around with no bathroom or food places to eat at – less
educational and competitive place
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2014
Pros: easy money
Cons: long hour
It Is very hard work but With the Determination and Need For success It Is very profitable.I learned sales strategy and became comfortable talking to various types of people. The management was helpful and always there if you had a question.
great place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 11, 2014
informatitive and good learning environment, plus a good place to make money if you are hardworking
Productive and Active
Lawn Aeration Specialist (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 22, 2014
Learned how to work a lawn aeration machine, working on door to door sales, Had fun with my co-workers working as a unit.
Working At Canadian Property Stars
Independant Contractor (Current Employee), Barrie, OnApril 25, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, positive work environment, and awesome support
Cons: none in my eyes
It Is Very Hard Work But With The Detirmination And Need For Success It Is Very Profitable You Get Paid For What Your Worth And It Is Overall An Awesome Company And They Strive For Great Service And To Put More Money In Your Pocket
Great training, long hours, hard work.
Core Aeration Specialist (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 21, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: long, exhaustive hours. commission-only.
Almost felt exploited at times because of the long, long hours for less then minimum wage. They get around this by making you an independent contractor and paying you by commission only.
If you join late in the season you will be selling door-to-door to neighborhoods that the company has hit two or three times before; this obviously is not very fun.
do not recomend
o Laborer and sales representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 7, 2014
work you like pigs and have to regards to your health or safety.
interesting
door to door sales (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 9, 2014
a different and varied workplace with a variety of responsibilities
A typical day at work
Sales woman (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 5, 2014
Pros: bonuses.
Cons: on your feet a lot.
CPS (Canadian Property Stars) is a great company to work at. It is more like a family than a job, depending on what location you work at. Although it is commission, they give you all the tips and skills you need to learn how to make sales.
valuable, productive, challenging
Data Administration and Customer Service (Former Employee), ontario and albertaFebruary 26, 2014
CPS was a valuable time in my life for me. I learned A LOT and worked extremely hard. I worked there while going through a lot in my life but I found out I was a lot stronger than I thought I was after working my first summer. There were good days and bad days but the experience is a fond memory I am proud of. The management is epic. I took pride in – more... being a girl that could compete with the guys. It was a good time. – less
Great opportunity if you have the work ethic to grab it!
Private Contractor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: great pay, strong management, team orientated!
Cons: long hours, but you'll want to work longer!
I teach junior high school during the school year, and get the summers off. A friend told me about CPS and I figured it would be a great way to make some extra cash in my time off as well as some weekends. Why not get outside and try something new!
I had never operated an aerator before, but the managers made sure I felt confident with the machinery – more... and showed me some great handling techniques on my first day during training.
I worked hard my first day on the job even though I had no idea how to sell anything door to door. I just kept my energy up and tried to have fun all day, and ended up getting a rookie cash bonus, for top first day sales, in addition to my cash pay at the end of my first day on the job!
I've come back to CPS for aeration and window washing, as well as the CFE events in the fall, for 2 years now and am about to start up my 3rd aeration season!

This job is NOT for people looking for easy cash. It's not easy, you have to bust your butt all day for every dollar you earn, but you take home the cash you EARN, not what you think you deserve. It's more of a mental game than a physical one, so if you can stay positive all day, you will be incredibly successful. If you work hard you can learn some incredible business skills, life lessons, get fit, be part of a motivated and energetic group of like minded people, and make a very decent amount of cash! – less
a really interesting job
independant contractor (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: great pay, high commission rate, great skills to develop
Cons: competitive, physically demanding, requires motivation and regular learning
more like an opportunity to learn a lot of life skills, and meet great people, than a regular job. You can make 100s in a day while choosing whatever day to work, though it is not easy. opportunity to advance in the company is there.

best thing to do is, just try it for a few days, and see if you like it.

1 2 3

About Canadian Property Stars

Canadian Property Stars is Canada's #1 Property Maintenance Company! Our services include lawn aeration, driveway sealing, pressure – Read more

Canadian Property Stars Photos