Canadian Pacific Employee Review

View all Canadian Pacific reviews

Productive and life achieving goals
Front Line Manager -Planning/Production Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Canada28 November 2013
I absolutely loved the place. Hours, benefits and the corporate ladder.

In 7 years I have learnt many skills in many positions. They train you on everything from a cranes to locomotives.
Pros
Career for life
Cons
Upper Managmeng Uncertancy

Other Canadian Pacific Employee Reviews

12 Hour shifts can be good or bad
Crew Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2017
Working with in the Network management center was a rewarding experience for me i beleive. The job worked in 12 hour blocks and rotated over a 6 week period, so one could conceivable expect a 7 day break every 6 weeks (mind you the lag time to get back to your regular life does take some time and takes awa y from that.(its made better id your 12 hour shift is the day shift and your days off are simply days off, but the night worker has to deal with a "Jet Lag" effect. The pay was great and overtime was always available. the crews the I personally worked with and managed their personal affairs were some of the best people Ive had the pleasure to know as were most of the upper manager to which I had to report to along with rail traffic controllers. All in all a good job.
Pros
rotatiing 12 hour shift schedule
Cons
few breaks while on duty, as you were in demand pretty much your whole shift
High Paced, and highly stressful environment
Controller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2017
It Is a high paced environment and highly stressful position that requires 150% of you attention 100% of the time. There is no down time. Your come in and you are busy from the moment you sit down until your shift ends 8 to 12 hours later.
Pros
high paying salary
Cons
Unknown schedules, unknown shifts, no job security...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7