Canadian Pacific

Canadian Pacific Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Railroading
Manager Crew Resources & Workforce Planning (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 25, 2015
Transportation. Ensuring had the right people in place to preform the correct jobs for on time delivery of many products on a daily basis. Very long in tradition
A learning experience
Ebusiness Coordinator, Management (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 30, 2015
One of the biggest things i've gained from Canadian Pacific is Patience. Each section of management has their own ideas and view on how this company should be run. Each day is consistently a learning experience.
Good salary and Benefits
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 9, 2015
The company has a very competitive salary package, and it is difficult to find a company at least in Winnipeg that will pay similarly.
Challenging environment
Price and Publication Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no opportunities
Work and life balance are gone, no growth, over worked. Politics are getting worst. Opportunities are limited. Salary looks smaller due to so may responsibilities given.
Great people to work with
Freight train conductor (Current Employee), Moose Jaw, SKJune 14, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Job work/life balance
Typical day at work starts at any time of the day or night.That is the hardest part of the job,not knowing when will you go to work and for how long. But,great co-workers make it little easier dealing with every day issues of the railroad.
Disaster
Conductor/Yard foreman (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 12, 2015
Pros: Once upon a time it was fabulous.
Cons: New management, ownership
Once upon at time at Cp rail the career was fulfilling. Change in ownership and management drastically changed the culture. So I resigned.
overall a good reputable company
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee), port coquitlam bcMay 22, 2015
Pros: per diem
Cons: constantly away from home
they have a great respect for the employees safety and making sure to address thier concerns if any are mentioned and include benefits towards safety apparrel
great companie
Conductor/Yard Forman/Shift supervisor (Former Employee), canadaApril 27, 2015
great companie if your a single man or woman.
this is not a career for a perso with goals of raising a family.
this career is for the person who wants to be alone and make money
Busy and productive workplace with room for advancement.
Conductor (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 17, 2015
Being a train conductor is a physically and mentally demanding job which taught me to problem solve and work together with my co-workers to finish our work. I needed to think quickly and be able to adapt to changes to my plan at any point during the shift. The most difficult part of the job was working at all hours of the night and being on call every day of the year. CP Rail offers a busy and demanding workplace which has taught me that I am able to get my work done properly and on time.
Fun and productive workplace
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
I enjoyed developing critical mainframe applications and even the on call support. My team worked very well together and we enjoyed working autonomously as well.
Cp Review
Track Maintainer (Current Employee), Edmonton, albertaMarch 5, 2015
Pros: meeting, job briefings always
Cons: long hours
Worked Well with co employees, learned lots importance of track maintenance, management listens to every employees suggestions.
Great work experience
Diesel maintainer (Former Employee), Calgary, albertaMarch 3, 2015
Pros: the hours where great mon to fri
Cons: the sercurity in the job became less stable the last couple of years there
I was employed with CP for approx 33 years and had the opportunity to learn many valuable skills on the job as a machinist. I had recieve many tickets threw this company and found the work at times challenging , which i enjoy immensly.
management
track maintenance foreman (Current Employee), edmonton,abMarch 2, 2015
they new management style is driving any good workers away also the union does nothing while employees are miss treated
What I've learned
Operations Foreman/Welder Foreman (Current Employee), Port CoquitlamFebruary 17, 2015
I have been trained in track evaluation and inspections while working with CP and been fortunate enough to work and gain experience in many of the engineering services departments.
provided stable employment
Locomotive Engineer (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: odd hours
Everyday is something different and the people are good to work with. The job is challenging at times, and seeing the end result is the most enjoyable part.
Great Job and Benefits
Conductor/Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great job good pay and benefits
Cons: no cons
Build train at terminal, lift s/o cars at customer tracks.communicate with conductor or Engineer, or RTC if necessary, make meets with other trains. Get instructions for the foreman if necessary.
poor Management
Train conductor (Current Employee), vancouverJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, on call 24hour7 days a week
good group of guys to work with, but very poorly managed. You can be fired at any second even if you had nothing to do with the incident. many guys have lost there jobs for a year before the union can get them back.. could be with or with out pay.could work 11hours a day and work 7-8 days in a row
many careers under one organization
Operations/Project Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2015
A iconic Canadian company whose network spans across the country and similarly so do the opportunities to work in several different business units.
Productive and Good place to work.
Specialist Business Systems (Sr. Business analyst) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2014
Pros: work culture
Cons: management
Good place to work with nice working culture. Productive and Good place to work. Productive and Good place to work. Productive and Good place to work.
Great Place, mostly great people
Rail Traffic Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 7, 2014
Pros: greaty pay and mostly fun work
Cons: occasional forced overtime
Great co-workers and many good managers. Learned a lot about the railway industry. Hardest part was balancing life with work and shift work. Company offered great pay and benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Pacific

At CP, whatever our job title is, we have a railroader attitude focused on providing the most reliable and efficient service for – Read more

Canadian Pacific Photos

Walking through an intermodal yard.
A Conductor climbs a locomotive.
A welcoming Calgary crowd enjoys the Holiday Train's bright lights.

Photo by Leo de Groot