Join our team and be inspired to help others
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Contract: Full time, permanent
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Salary: negotiable based on experience
If you’re working in a boring job that doesn’t interest you, then you should definitely consider working for a company like Canadian Outback Adventures & Events, because we are fun team building experts!
Here’s a little bit about us…
Our goal is to make work less like work, because we love what we do, and want others to feel the same. We run fun team building events such as The Amazing Race, Survivor, CI: Crime Investigators, Cake Boss and Wild Goose Chase, as well as corporate training, development, entertainment and group activities.
- What we do is really cool – we design and implement fun, entertaining, creative and inspirational team building events for employees at companies throughout North America.
- We’re well established – we started out in 1992, and have worked hard over the years to grow the business and make it something really special for our customers and employees.
- We’ve got a great team – our recruitment process is tough because we only work with people who are high performing, hardworking, and a great fit with our corporate culture.
- We’re doing really well - we’re really proud of how our employee and our customers rate us because we care about what we do and want to ensure that we’re making a real difference.
- Our company is growing – because we’re doing so well, we continue to grow in all areas of our business, and are hiring fresh new talent to help us get there as we expand globally.
Top Fortune 500 companies such as Disney, Microsoft, McDonalds, Expedia, Toshiba, Google, Shell, Dell and Coca-Cola work with us because they know we are trusted, flexible and fast. We understand our customers really well and ensure that everything we do is focused on fully meeting their needs.
Why you’ll want to work for us…
We think big and outside the box. We want to make it as easy as possible for our employees to get their job done so that they can go home to their families and enjoy themselves. We also want to ensure that we’re doing everything we can to help our employees work feel less like work.
- We invest in you – we have a company profit share scheme, a medical benefits plan, a bonus scheme, birthday lunches, company retreats and even pay for fun activities outside work.
- We support you – we have clearly defined performance agreements, regularly coaching and review meetings, personal development plans and access to books, courses and resources.
- We reward you – we know how important it is to say thank you and reward hard work, so we set goals quarterly, and regularly celebrate together as a team when we hit our targets.
- We listen to you – our teams meet daily, weekly, and monthly, and we have regular employee engagement surveys and action groups in place, to always be improving.
Our head office is located in North Vancouver, a short walk from the Sea Bus terminal at Lonsdale Quay, which is a great area for shopping, restaurants, public transit. We enjoy fantastic waterfront views of downtown Vancouver and relaxing showers for those who like to keep fit during their lunch break!
We encourage our employees dress casually, to speak up and be open and honest, and share their thoughts and ideas for improvement. We want our team to grow and flourish, because after all, they are what’s really important to us and our customers.
More about the role…
The Marketing Manager reports into the Director of Corporate Development, and works together with a team of two other marketing specialists, who drive customer acquisition and retention. The right person for the role will need to have many hats and tick the following boxes:
Be an online marketing expert- our primary focus is online marketing, as this is how we generate the vast majority of our opportunities. Therefore, we’re looking for someone who is a website expert, who understands all the technical as well as the theory and practice behind online marketing.
Be a communications guru - in addition to online, the marketing manager will need to be a marketing communications specialist, who can create complex communication plans, identify key messages, create clear and concise marketing briefs, and working with the team to ensure that they are well executed.
Be a strong leader and influence – the marketing manager will be a key member of the leadership team and will get to understand the goals and objectives of the organization. They will have insight into all areas of the business to become the driving force behind all marketing related initiatives.
Have an aptitude for numbers – analysing website visitors, open rates and return on investment from AdWords, is all a numbers game. That’s why we’re also looking for someone who can calculate the figures and then go on to analyze and interpret the data with strong attention to detail.
Be someone who can deliver – as well as being a pro planner, the marketing manager will also need to be someone who is very hands on, writing, editing, updating and driving the delivery. They will tackle small, medium and large projects, and ensure all systems and processes are managed effectively.
- Ensure the execution of the marketing strategy and plan in line with overall goals and objectives.
- Plan and coordinate the delivery of website, e-blasts, newsletters and support materials.
- Carry out market research, shape marketing tactics, timelines and plans around key segments.
- Manage the planning, prioritization and execution of products, systems and processes.
- Writing, editing and proofing and signing off all external marketing communications.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, support and training to all team members.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of tactics, tools, technology and processes.
Skills, qualities and experience:
- A degree or diploma in marketing, business or communications
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in marketing (with 1-2 years leading a team)
- A proven track record for successfully delivering products and campaigns
- Outstanding communication skills across a variety of mediums
- Excellent planning and organization skills with a strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience of online strategies, HTML, SEO and SEM
- Fully proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications such as Word and Excel
- Knowledge and experience of CRM and Marketing Automation Systems
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines
- Confident, outgoing, team player with a proactive can do attitude
- Knowledge and experience of Dreamweaver and Adobe Creative Suite
Who we’re looking for…
Have you ever heard of A-Players? They are the kind of people who thrive on success. They like to be surrounded by others like them who are passionate, hardworking, take pride in everything they do, and aim to be the very best they can be every single day. They also live our core values which are:
- We will always put our customers first
- We will always be improving
- We will always be self-accountable
- We will always pay great attention to detail
- We will always be open and honest
Our successful candidates go to great lengths to learn about who we are and what we do. If all of this resonates with you, and you truly believe that you have what it takes to stand out from all the other candidates, then we strongly encourage you to apply. We look forward to receiving your application!