Conscientious and self-motivated bilingual summer student required for the coordination and assistance of special events across Canada for Organic Week 2013. Student will be working with the Canada Organic Trade Association (COTA) and Canadian Organic Growers (COG) to help raise awareness and enthusiasm for Canada’s National Organic Week running from September 21st to 28th.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide support to the Event Projects as follows:
- Develop communications and promotional materials in both French and English
- Plan and coordinate in soliciting funds and sponsorship opportunities
- Prepare and package event materials
- Liaison with volunteers and vendors
- Manage schedules, and media opportunities in French/English
- Coordinate and answer inquires from members in both French/English
- Data management; modify and format documents
- Assist in managing social media communications and other office duties as required
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong communications and language skills in both French and English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of web, digital technology, and social media networks
- Sales, marketing, or event promotion experience a plus
- Good organization skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Between 15 and 30 years of age;
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Are Canadian citizen or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible);
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Please note we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any race, ethnicity, religion, or gender. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of visible minorities.
Please apply by June 30, 2013. Please send your cover letter and resume.