COG is Canada’s oldest organic organization and only national organic agricultural charity. We’re looking for a dynamic communicator, organic champion, and team builder to help us achieve our bold new vision for the organic movement. It’s going to take hard work, dedication and strategic thinking–are you up for the challenge?
This leadership position will work closely with the Board of Directors, Operations Director, volunteers, project coordinators, and summer students, providing coordination of the Canadian Organic Grower’s outreach and communication initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the fundraising committee to develop and execute the annual fundraising/membership strategy;
- Coordinate external communications, including website, enewsletter, social media, member updates etc.;
- Working with national and regional partners, develop and execute special events and projects (ie. Organic Week activities), including evaluation and follow-up.
- Experience/knowledge of organic agriculture
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Fundraising experience/grant writing
- Design experience (Adobe CS)
- Wordpress design and set-up
- Volunteer coordination
You must be reliable, have a positive attitude, and the ability to take initiative. Please be ready to pick-up the phone, call members, find new advertisers for our magazine, and jump in with both feet!
The successful candidate will be expected to work 37.5hrs, $16/hr, with two paid weeks of vacation. Occasional evenings and weekends will be required. The contract will go to March 31, 2014 with the possibility of the position becoming permanent. The position start date is flexible, but it’s preferred that the candidate start as soon as possible.
This project is funded in part by Career Focus, an Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada program, and following applicant criteria must be met:
- be between the ages of 15 and 30;
- be unemployed or under-employed;
- have graduated in the last three calendar years from: an agriculture-related program in a university, college or CEGEP; or a provincial program focusing on biological, agricultural and veterinary science or applied technology; and be a Canadian citizen or have landed immigrant status.
Please note COG is an equal opporunity employer and does not descriminate against any race, ethnicity, religion, or gender.
Please apply by March 31, 2013. E-mail PDF’s of your cover letter and resume, along with a short writing sample.
If short-listed, interviews will be held April 5th and April 6th in Ottawa, ON.