COMPETITION CLOSED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.CANADIANNORTH.COM/CAREERS FOR OTHER CAREER OPPORTUNITIES.
Full-Time Office Administrator
Base: Edmonton, AB (Edmonton International Airport Area)
Reports To: Vice President Operations & Charters
Competition No: OA080513
Closing Date: May 15, 2013
Please apply at www.canadiannorth.com/careers
- Actively participate in the Company’s Safety Management System program and demonstrate knowledge of employee responsibilities regarding safety
- Perform receptionist duties including greeting visitors, accepting deliveries, distributing incoming, outgoing and interoffice mail; coordinating courier and other delivery services
- Provide general administrative support which includes but is not limited to word document and letter creation, typing, filing, photocopying, assembling reports, arranging meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes
- Verify and authorize departmental invoices
- Complete expense claims for department management
- Maintain a library of subscribed publications and other reference material
- Develop and maintain an inventory listing of all office supplies; ensure adequate supplies are on-hand at all times
- Responsible for ordering, shipping, distribution and quality control and conducts monthly inventory counts for Airports and Cargo uniforms; distribution of the Pilot uniforms in Edmonton; Liaise with the CSA Uniform Committee
- Tracking daily On Time Performance
- Authority to sign Restricted Area Passes for Edmonton based employees
- Responsible for coding invoices as required by the Accounting Department including Community Air Service
- Responsible for the distribution and tracking of all parking passes for the Edmonton Hangar
- Responsible for booking the Edmonton Hangar Boardroom and Training Rooms
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with no stipulations
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision or direction
- Excellent face to face and telephone interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands
- Well organized, detail orientated, capable of multitasking
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in an office environment is considered an asset
- Knowledge of airline operations is considered an asset
- Grade 12 or equivalent experience (University or College experience is an asset)
To apply for this position, please use the Online Application found on our website www.canadiannorth.com/careers.
Resumes can also be submitted by fax to 403.717.1532.
Please include Full-Time Office Administrator – OA080513 in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Canadian North Inc. is a subsidiary of NorTerra Inc. a holding and a management company jointly owned by Inuvialuit Development Corporation representing the Inuvialuit of the Western Arctic and Nunasi Corporation representing the Inuit of Nunavut. NorTerra Inc., and its subsidiary companies provide preferential employment and career development programs for its Inuit and Inuvialuit beneficiaries.
By submitting your resume you agree that it may be shared amongst NorTerra’s subsidiary companies (Canadian North Inc., Northern Transportation Company Ltd, Weldco-Beales Manufacturing Inc., Braden Burry Expediting Ltd and Northern Industrial Sales Ltd).