As a proud and incumbent contractor to one of Canada’s largest telecommunications Carriers, CNI offers infrastructure support, solutions and network installations from coast to coast. Due to positive growth in this sector, we are currently seeking an individual who can thrive in a position as a Telecom Network Technician in the Regina area with experience in DC power.
The preferred candidates should possess a minimum of five years’ experience within the related field with an emphasis on Nortel and Fujitsu transport equipment along with DC power systems.
Attributes and skills should revolve around, but are not limited to the following:
- Installation & Turn up certification on DC power plants
- Turn up training on Ciena (Nortel) and/or Fujitsu transport equipment
- Knowledge of the MS office productivity tools (Excel, Word, Visio and Power Point)
- Perform minor to complex troubleshooting in a CO environment
- Post-secondary diploma and/or certification in telecommunication engineering
- Extensive knowledge on power equipment installation, turn up and testing
- Ability to read technical drawings and arrange project work orders to meet customer requirements
- Standards experience for products and services including Transport/Access equipment, IP equipment DC power plants and AFCR/Racking infrastructures
- Extensive hands-on (10 years) experience and understanding of DC power equipment installations, standard and protocols
- Extensive hands-on (5 years) experience and understanding of transport equipment installations, standard and protocols
- Responsible for turning up Core network including (but not limited to) transport, IP & Data and DC power equipment
- Understanding of network equipment installation standard and protocols
- Ability to us BERT and DC power test sets and tools
- Oversee and support the implementation of large installations, i.e. new POPs and Colocations
- Responding, resolving and/or escalating network and/or client issues within contracted SLAs (service level agreements) and proactively engage in next level support
- Participate in planning, coordinating, and implementation of projects (Core DC Power Builds)
- Work with engineering teams to resolve build and design issues and remove road blocks across the build and with Ops teams
- Physically perform build/install activities with power and hand tools
- Perform contractor quality audits, scheduling, reporting, materials management and job package implementation
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and travel
- Perform On-Call duties
- Valid driver’s licence
CNI is an equal opportunity employer, we welcome your response. Candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Canadian Network Installations Ltd., CNI, has been proudly servicing the telecommunications industry for over 12 years! CNI has set the...