Canadian Natural Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Warehouse Coordinator for Maintenance Projects (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABNovember 1, 2015
Great people, excellent team work.
Opportunities to move forward in your career.
Excellent benefits.
All in all, great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
n/a
Excellent work environment
Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 31, 2015
Structured approach to real-life engineering problems.
Excellent work environment.
Friendly colleagues.
Comfortable accommodations.
Drilling wellsite supervisor (Current Employee) –  LloydminsterSeptember 24, 2015
CNRL is a well managed company. My drilling supervisor is knowledgeable and has a good team behind him. They have however slowed down the drilling projects due to current oil prices.
well managed organization
Site Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 18, 2015
Good company to work for, nice benefits and forward looking management. I was a site project engineer at the Horizon plant, many opportunities for experience.
Productive workplace with freedom to seize project opportunities
Reservoir Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2015
The culture at CNRL is a very work-oriented culture. There are many opportunities to learn and contribute, which is expected of every employee. "Creating Value" is a very strong part of their mission statement and it is shown by the work ethic of all the employees. Part of their mission statement is also "doing it right with fun and integrity". The part which I feel needs the most improvement is "fun". Many of the employees (including myself) were consistently stressed for most of the time I worked there. This had much to do with completing the "deliverables" effectively while meeting the constrained deadlines. It could be much improved by discussing the deadlines instead of stating it outright.
Pros
constant learning and progression; challenging work
Cons
long hours were necessary to meet the required deadlines
Great work place and cooperative people
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 7, 2015
CNRL gave me privilege to work with such a nice experienced team and gave me an opportunity to show my skills and provided environment to apply my rich document control experience in projects. I am working as an integral part of document control team of major projects to support and build CWP/EWP work packages for operation.
Pros
Nice work location, good people
Cons
Travelling time, working for long hours
Fun place to work at
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with professional people.
Learned a lot at this location
Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Various ABAugust 28, 2015
Learned a lot about the pipefitting trade during these jobs. Various jobs requiring different problem solving abilities really helped me grow as a tradesman and a supervisor.
Busy company that treats employees good.
Sr. Business Analyst/Support Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Many support tasks managed across the company that provided very busy days. Management was great and provided direction when needed.
Pros
Great management and company treated employees well.
Cons
Too many meetings.
Fit and hard working
Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 25, 2015
The salary is good but no co-ordination with Engineers and Maintenance or Operations....hypocrites!!!

Working in a closed environment with no windows (Not CCR) is like a prison.
Productive and extremely fun workplace
Thermal Operations Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 20, 2015
One of the best companies to work for in the world. Experince new and innovative ways everyday to better ones company and self.
Pros
The creative environment and work mates
Cons
No Cons
Welllsite supervisor
Wellsite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2015
*Responsible for drilling operations representing the company. Working 24 hours/day. Directing & supervising drilling service contractors. Maintaining communications with Superintendent and regularly reporting operational progress & status. Controlled drilling materials, supplies & service contractor arrangements.

* Review & check drilling programs. Ensured procurement of services, materials and supplies in accordance with approved operation programs. Provided drilling service contractors with detailed operational procedures & requirements at every step of the operation. Ensured that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company's safety policies and procedures.

* Prepared and delivered daily drilling operation report via Well-View including various drilling parameters, material supply and consumption, costs, and other associated information.
Great benefits
Administrative Assistant - Legal Department (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 6, 2015
A great company, however, not enough work in the department I'm currently working in. I feel my skills are not being fully utilized.
n/a
Construction Manager / Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
Fun place with supportive management. Not all about numbers but how personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics , but this is expected of a large company
Good to people
Revenue A/R and Trucking Assistant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJune 23, 2015
Very good to staff to help people work well together. Excellent hours of work and good pay. Many after hours functions..Good training and job development.
Excellent job experience
Office Administration and Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABJune 11, 2015
Was able to advance to other areas within the office environment to attain various experience and responsibilities. Enjoyed working with everyone I worked with and the experience I attained.
Pros
Advancement, salary and benefits
Cons
No advancement to management positions within Administration
Productive and fun yet limiting work place
Safety Administrator & Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 9, 2015
Although I enjoyed my time and the people I worked with at CNRL I felt there was very limited room for advancement. I learned a lot about oil sands safety in both a shut down and working plant. I particularly enjoyed working with my team and my contractors and interacting with the workers.
Good place but can be difficult at times.
Land Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaMay 25, 2015
the job involved drafting of land contracts, system administration and dealing with all the demands of day to day operations.
Great place to work, pay is not as good as some
Operations (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABMay 21, 2015
Was a great place to work, lots of good people, and great equipment to work with. Well built plants and company structured decently.
High paying, remote site job
Non-Destructive Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 9, 2015
Bus one hour to work or live on site, start at 6:00, work 12 hours. Job is in a refinery. The company pain for all training and tried to advance me. High pay and good benefits.