Canadian Natural Employee Reviews in Canada

High paying, remote site job
Non-Destructive Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 9, 2015
Bus one hour to work or live on site, start at 6:00, work 12 hours. Job is in a refinery. The company pain for all training and tried to advance me. High pay and good benefits.
Great work place and cooperative people
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 7, 2015
CNRL gave me privilege to work with such a nice experienced team and gave me an opportunity to show my skills and provided environment to apply my rich document control experience in projects. I am working as an integral part of document control team of major projects to support and build CWP/EWP work packages for operation.
Pros
Nice work location, good people
Cons
Travelling time, working for long hours
A great experience overall
Skid Steer Operator (Rotation) (Former Employee) –  Kirby Lake, ABFebruary 29, 2016
The camp was very clean and it was nice and quiet at the end of the day. Staff were excellent, the food was good. Co-workers and supervisors were friendly and easy to get along with.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 20, 2015
I was asked to leave Finning at CNRL and take over leadhand, Teamlead Role for CNRL, learned lots at this site with very exsperienced management.
great workplace
Industrial Hygiene Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABFebruary 29, 2016
- great supervisor

- flexible in travel time

- willing to add more responsibilities

- the most enjoyable part was working for a great supervisor
Best place to work
Tax Analyst Student (ongoing) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2016
On a typical day at work, i mostly do reports for SRED purposes, GST HST, reply to queirries regarding Tax conpliance appliations.
Pros
welcoming atmosphere
Had a great time
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABFebruary 12, 2016
I loved working for CNRL Lloydminster, my superintendants were super, they worked me hard, the other consultants were also very easy to get along with
Great learning opportunity
Production Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2016
I worked at Canadian Natural Resources as an intern.
It's an amazing company with strong support for students and with great learning opportunities.
Love on site work!
Environmental Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 3, 2016
As a Co-op student position I was immersed in a very wide variety of tasks in order to give an appreciation for field work.
Productive and he
Supply Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Canadian Natural believes in working together – Dedicated workforce with vision and corporate values. Stakeholders are engaged in the communities where they operate, committed in working together by doing it right, continuously improving and providing execution excellence.
Pros
fly in fly out, camp accommodation, good benefits and saving plan
Cons
tight deadlines-heavy work loads
Busy
Haul Truck Driver, Fort Mckay, AB (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABNovember 27, 2015
~hauled material to needed locations
~ hail gate in the mornings to be notified of any changes in the pit or medical issues
~ had to do a walk around equipment to make sure everything was in order if not we had to report it
~Good communication
~The crew was like family if you were unsure about anything you were able to ask
Welllsite supervisor
Wellsite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2015
*Responsible for drilling operations representing the company. Working 24 hours/day. Directing & supervising drilling service contractors. Maintaining communications with Superintendent and regularly reporting operational progress & status. Controlled drilling materials, supplies & service contractor arrangements.

* Review & check drilling programs. Ensured procurement of services, materials and supplies in accordance with approved operation programs. Provided drilling service contractors with detailed operational procedures & requirements at every step of the operation. Ensured that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company's safety policies and procedures.

* Prepared and delivered daily drilling operation report via Well-View including various drilling parameters, material supply and consumption, costs, and other associated information.
Great Place to work
HR RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about this company, there are lots of benefits and the team and people are great. I loved doing what i did which was Recruitment!
Pros
short work weeks
Cons
longer days
They are your friends, not co-workers at CNRL
Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conklin, AB Kirby In-situ Thermal PlantJanuary 17, 2015
At CNRL they recognize you by name, not a number. Excellent place to work. They value their employees.

Wages are very competitive, benefits above average.
Pros
your a team member an not just a worker
I did not work directly for Canadian Natural - they are only our Clients.
Senior Document Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 4, 2015
Eight years I have been working for Amec Foster Wheeler Oil and Gas, but with different Clients - Project based and it has been a very unique experience with each Client, which I enjoyed thoroughly and learnt a lot from each Project. Every day is a learning experience for me. Management is nice. Co-workers friendly. The hardest part is when the economy is facing recession, then there is a lot of negativity in the air. Enjoyed my job as the procedures were in place and it was very systematic.
Pros
Healthcare spending account
Cons
Too much of politics nd favoritism
Busy company that treats employees good.
Sr. Business Analyst/Support Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2015
Many support tasks managed across the company that provided very busy days. Management was great and provided direction when needed.
Pros
Great management and company treated employees well.
Cons
Too many meetings.
Excellent work environment
Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 31, 2015
Structured approach to real-life engineering problems.
Excellent work environment.
Friendly colleagues.
Comfortable accommodations.
FAST PACE WORK ENVIROMENT
BUSINESS ANAYLYS (Former Employee) –  CALGARYNovember 24, 2014
FAST PACE WORK ENVIROMENT, TIGHT DEADLINES, OVERTIME NORMALLY REQUIRED EVERY MONTH.
Pros
benefits, good saving plan
Cons
long hours, tight deadlines
Plant operator
Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Lindbergh, ABOctober 30, 2014
Good experience, field work. Hard work, long hours. Week on week off shift. Good job security and ability to move up in the company. Salary is good.
Fun place to work at
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with professional people.