Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good People, Not a Great Place
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: food isn't very good
The best part about CNRL is the people that work for it. Management is trial and error and everyone is trying to prove something and in doing so fail to listen to experienced people that are not in Management roles
A great place to work.
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 3, 2014
Pros: fifo, camp, free food
Cons: cold.
The best oil and gas company that I worked so far. I work at the warehouse issue counter during my day shift 7/7 and work in recieving area on my night shifts. I learned a lot working as a warehouse technician under materials management/supply management. I love my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is being there for too long. I spent 7 years with – more... CNRL, I am looking for a new company to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is during Christmas time and just working with nice people and a great team. – less
Challenging Fast Paced Environment
Bitumen Production Business Unit Buyer (Current Employee), BPFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, fly in and out, stock, retention
Solve Invoicing Issues
Repair Work
Material Coordination
Productive, Challenging , Satisfying
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayJanuary 2, 2014
Lots to learn, Great company to work for, very many challenging technical assignments. I was a contractor.
good place to work
e&i coordinator (Former Employee), horizonDecember 26, 2013
very professional work atmosphere, flights and bonus plan
I would give it 0 stars if I could
Safety Advisor Coker Rebuild (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 12, 2013
Pros: great place to work if you don't care about your own personal safety
Cons: everything.
Where to begin.

They have no safety culture. They hire inexperienced safety people with no experience in the oil sands or construction and they are bullied and ignored by management that couldn't care less about safety. Their philosophy is get it done as quickly and as cheaply as you can. Safety should be seen and not heard. Incidents are covered up – more... or blame shifted to the workers instead of management who creates the problems to begin with.

Crane topples, major shutdown due to explosion and fire, and at least 3 people dead and at least 53 charges from OH&S. Their record speaks for itself and it's the worst in the Alberta oil sands.

The camp is horrible. Food is worse than the worst high school cafeteria you've ever eaten at. Rooms smell like urine. They bring in unqualified migrant and foreign workers who are cheap, easily exploited and sent packing if they complain about the abuse.

Avoid at all costs... – less
Good work- life balance
Employee (Current Employee), North of Fort McMurrayNovember 22, 2013
Pros: good work life balance
Posibilities for advancement available. Good training programs sponsored. Good team.
Educating and exciting place to work.
Contract Field Operator (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABNovember 8, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: long hours
Worked here for 6.5 years. it has been good. seen a lot of gas plants and equipment.,
Positive work experience
GAS PLANT RELIEF OPERATOR (Former Employee), Fox Creek, ABOctober 22, 2013
Oversaw daily operations of a producing natural gas field and related equipment. Completed safety training and learned a great deal about gas plant operations. Management was approachable and helpful and allowed me a measure of autonomy after I demonstrated a safe work attitude and work ethic. Co-workers were excellent. Roads were terrible. A great – more... opportunity to work and learn for a student. – less
Worked for FT Services at CNRL
T/A Piping Supervisor for FT Services (Former Employee), FT McMurray, ABOctober 1, 2013
Nice clean plant to work at. Operations are great people. Currently doing a T/A.
Great company to work for, as a field engineer there was lots to learn.
Co-op Work Term (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2013
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours, lots of over time.
Working in the field can be challenging as sometimes it is -40 and other times its plus 30. Great hands on experience, got to apply my classroom knowledge in real life situations.
Strong mentoring program for recent graduates and students
Reclamation Assistant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 16, 2013
The majority of my work was field related. We worked on research projects on the reclamation areas that included soil sampling and classification, vegetation monitoring and surveying, species inventory, seeding native species and weed management.

The team as a whole worked hard together and the supervisor was involved enough to ensure the jobs were – more... getting done without micromanaging the team. – less
Great Experience
Production Engineering Student (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 4, 2013
The staff was very pleasant to work with. They had no problem in teaching my daily work activities. Great support from everyone.
minimal support from engineering
Construction Consultant (Former Employee), AlbertaJune 19, 2013
Cons: below average wages and support
minimal support from offices
poor drawing support
below industry average wages
plenty of unskilled workers
Draining
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaJune 14, 2013
Cons: long hours
The hardest part of this job was the early mornings and the long hours.
Productive and safe environment
Safety Advisor at CNRL (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 12, 2013
A typical day of work is a 12hr shift. At work, it is very important to be professional at all times to get the job done in a timely fassion way. The most enjoyable part of my job is for every worker to go home safe without any incidents.
These camps are disgusting
Office (Former Employee), Ft. McMurray, ABMay 27, 2013
As a 'sub contractor' employee, the food is disgusting, the camp overall was so dirty, it made it twice as hard to eat there......the camp I'm speaking of was Calumet. I heard the other two camps (McKay and Chelsea was almost as bad). Also the CNRL 'big wigs' were the most rudest people I have met in a long time and I've been doing this for 17 years.

I – more... would sure have think twice if I had to go back there......or it would sure have to be one high paying position! – less
good solid company
Performance Analysis Student (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaApril 4, 2013
journal entries and variance analysis.

8 Business areas and I was responsible for Operations & Project Services.
Productive and awesome place to work.
Student- IS (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 18, 2013
Friendly staff and management. I had a wonderful time working there. I learned how to operate different softwares, Everyone is willing to teach you if you need help. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with some tickets but overall finished them on time. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know some of my co-workers. A lot of great people – more... I met. – less
Interesting working within the CNRL management system
Project Manager (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 8, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: one year contract
I appreciated the development of my team in the development of , Parts requirement, and PM program, also the interaction with the planning department personnel.
I was certainly rewarded in being able to assist my teams in thier development

1 2 3

About Canadian Natural

MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. – Read more

Canadian Natural Photos