Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
n/a
Construction Manager / Construction Superintendent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
Fun place with supportive management. Not all about numbers but how personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics , but this is expected of a large company
Good to people
Revenue A/R and Trucking Assistant (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 23, 2015
Very good to staff to help people work well together. Excellent hours of work and good pay. Many after hours functions..Good training and job development.
Excellent job experience
Office Administration and Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABJune 11, 2015
Pros: Advancement, salary and benefits
Cons: No advancement to management positions within Administration
Was able to advance to other areas within the office environment to attain various experience and responsibilities. Enjoyed working with everyone I worked with and the experience I attained.
Productive and fun yet limiting work place
Safety Administrator & Advisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 9, 2015
Although I enjoyed my time and the people I worked with at CNRL I felt there was very limited room for advancement. I learned a lot about oil sands safety in both a shut down and working plant. I particularly enjoyed working with my team and my contractors and interacting with the workers.
Good place but can be difficult at times.
Land Contract Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaMay 25, 2015
the job involved drafting of land contracts, system administration and dealing with all the demands of day to day operations.
Great place to work, pay is not as good as some
Operations (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABMay 21, 2015
Was a great place to work, lots of good people, and great equipment to work with. Well built plants and company structured decently.
High paying, remote site job
Non-Destructive Testing Technician (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 9, 2015
Bus one hour to work or live on site, start at 6:00, work 12 hours. Job is in a refinery. The company pain for all training and tried to advance me. High pay and good benefits.
very productive and having fun
1) Facilities Engineer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 6, 2015
Pros: good pay, four days a week only
Cons: long hours and long bus ride
Fun with integrity
excellent team,
very dynamic management

very difficult to get training,
helpful co-workers
I learned lot about engineering processes, oil sand operations
I did not work directly for Canadian Natural - they are only our Clients.
Senior Document Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 4, 2015
Pros: Healthcare spending account
Cons: Too much of politics nd favoritism
Eight years I have been working for Amec Foster Wheeler Oil and Gas, but with different Clients - Project based and it has been a very unique experience with each Client, which I enjoyed thoroughly and – more... learnt a lot from each Project. Every day is a learning experience for me. Management is nice. Co-workers friendly. The hardest part is when the economy is facing recession, then there is a lot of negativity in the air. Enjoyed my job as the procedures were in place and it was very systematic. – less
Excellent management
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee), Western CanadaApril 27, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment
Cons: long hours
organize and oversee all daily operations on drilling site.
record and approve all daily costs
learned how to communicate to various types of people
most enjoyable part of the job is when things are running smoothly
Good experience
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee), Horizon Oil SandsApril 26, 2015
Pros: Good camp conditions, good food with variety
Cons: Working long hours, working away from home
CNRL ensures a good coordination and supervision and ensures a safe work place and timely completion of projects.
Best part of the job is getting to work with many different people from all around the world.
Good team work, New machinery, 7 in, 7 out work rotation, good camp
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 24, 2015
Pros: good pay, good camp, good team
Cons: night shift, long commute from saskatoon to edmonton to catch flight to
I operated a cable or hydraulic shovel loading oil sand onto 400 ton haul trucks.
We worked a 12 hour shift, alternating one week days and one week nights. Working night shift was the hardest part of the job, by the end of the week you were really tired, but we were very well paid to do it.
My co-workers were the best, and I enjoyed the team work.
Challenging Environemt
Calgary- Pipeline Coordinator (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 9, 2015
Pros: Very challenginf
Cons: too much work load and self interest at the corporate level
I had the please to work with smart individuals who were very committed to their work. It is a place to learn and start developing a career.

Only negative i found was the inability of co-workers to genuine be friends as most of the people were very politically correct
good place
field operator (Current Employee), St. Paul, ABApril 1, 2015
great place to work they take very good care of their employees but it is very tough to actually get passed the phase of being a contractor. just like any oilfield job there isn't quite the security of a career.
Worked at CNRL as a 12 month co-op student.
Mechanical Engineer Co-op Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
The balance between social life and work is the best thing about this company. The only complain I have is I wasn't hired back after they invested 12 months into me as a co-op student, but given the current oil market I am sure that is the biggest reason.
good company just looking for advancement
Camp Coordinator - Kirby South In-situ Project (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2015
This was a great place to work. Just needed a change of pace and had an opportunity for advancement. The camps that I managed were very large camps.
good place if you are a friend of your supervisor
Field Production Administrator (Former Employee), St. AlbertMarch 19, 2015
Pros: stocked kitchen, fridays off in summer
Cons: the people, wages are below par of other companies
If you are a friend of your supervisor, then things are great. However if you aren't then things aren't great. Very clique environment.
Great Place to work
HR RECRUITER (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2015
Pros: short work weeks
Cons: longer days
I have nothing bad to say about this company, there are lots of benefits and the team and people are great. I loved doing what i did which was Recruitment!
Great people. Amazing benifits
Compliance Tracking (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere, friendly co-workers and managers
Cons: some offices do not have windows.
I only worked at CNRL in Calgary for a short time as a temp but I really enjoyed it. While I was there the other staff were friendly and patient with a great willingness to teach. I was provided with more than I required on a daily basis. Given the opportunity, I would work there again.
ambitious job, always busy
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), Lloydminster, saskatchewanFebruary 11, 2015
consulting at CNRL was a 7 day work week.
hours varied from 6 to 14 hour days.
organizing crews daily activities.
enjoyed all aspects of the job. from starting a project to the final sign off of the the completed job.
I was on call 24/7and fully enjoyed the workers and the atmosphere. the 8 years I worked with the company was all a learning experience from day one.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Natural

MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. – Read more

Canadian Natural Photos