Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging Environemt
Calgary- Pipeline Coordinator (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 9, 2015
Pros: Very challenginf
Cons: too much work load and self interest at the corporate level
I had the please to work with smart individuals who were very committed to their work. It is a place to learn and start developing a career.

Only negative i found was the inability of co-workers to genuine be friends as most of the people were very politically correct
good place
field operator (Current Employee), St. Paul, ABApril 1, 2015
great place to work they take very good care of their employees but it is very tough to actually get passed the phase of being a contractor. just like any oilfield job there isn't quite the security of a career.
Worked at CNRL as a 12 month co-op student.
Mechanical Engineer Co-op Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
The balance between social life and work is the best thing about this company. The only complain I have is I wasn't hired back after they invested 12 months into me as a co-op student, but given the current oil market I am sure that is the biggest reason.
good company just looking for advancement
Camp Coordinator - Kirby South In-situ Project (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2015
This was a great place to work. Just needed a change of pace and had an opportunity for advancement. The camps that I managed were very large camps.
good place if you are a friend of your supervisor
Field Production Administrator (Former Employee), St. AlbertMarch 19, 2015
Pros: stocked kitchen, fridays off in summer
Cons: the people, wages are below par of other companies
If you are a friend of your supervisor, then things are great. However if you aren't then things aren't great. Very clique environment.
Great Place to work
HR RECRUITER (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 9, 2015
Pros: short work weeks
Cons: longer days
I have nothing bad to say about this company, there are lots of benefits and the team and people are great. I loved doing what i did which was Recruitment!
Great people. Amazing benifits
Compliance Tracking (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere, friendly co-workers and managers
Cons: some offices do not have windows.
I only worked at CNRL in Calgary for a short time as a temp but I really enjoyed it. While I was there the other staff were friendly and patient with a great willingness to teach. I was provided with more than I required on a daily basis. Given the opportunity, I would work there again.
ambitious job, always busy
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), Lloydminster, saskatchewanFebruary 11, 2015
consulting at CNRL was a 7 day work week.
hours varied from 6 to 14 hour days.
organizing crews daily activities.
enjoyed all aspects of the job. from starting a project to the final sign off of the the completed job.
I was on call 24/7and fully enjoyed the workers and the atmosphere. the 8 years I worked with the company was all a learning experience from day one.
diverse and challenging environment
planner/ scheduler (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: young company with excellent opportunities for advancement
Cons: staff turnover
Started my day with the review of all new work orders with execution, maintenace manager and operations to identify validity.

Learned the overall function/ operations of entire maintenance team including TAR/ planning/ scheduling/ execution/ operations/ engineering and continuous improvement

worked with an excellent team of diverse skills/ ages and backgrounds

Constant turnover in staff and contractors

Constant changing environment with diverse tasks
A great place to grow and anvance my professional skills
Construction Coordinator (Current Employee), CNRL HorizonJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: abilitiy to affect outcome with personal level of commitment
Cons: instability- sustaining capital is very susceptible to economic influences
Coordinate contractors ( Electrical, mechanical, support- scaffold & insulators) to executed projects in a brown field environment. Work with engineer team on review of upcoming projects and secure QA/QC requirements, scheduling and budgeting.

Great team environment with fantastic support from supervision.

Challenging, high paced environment which I found to be incredibly rewarding.
Great people
Warehouse Technician/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 26, 2015
This was a great place to work. Had a lot of fun and made some good friends
A good place to work overall
TA Maintenace Planning & Scheduling (Former Employee), Fort McMurray AlbertaJanuary 25, 2015
CNRL still suffers from the fact that it is a new facility and is still going through a growth curve. Co-workers are a professional group of people for the most part.
Great company!
Joint Venture Auditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2015
I have worked for five big companies. Nova, where I also worked in the field, Royal Trust Energy which was acquisition related, Pembina Resources as my first staff audit job, Norcen as a brief senior staff auditor in charge of junior auditors and training, and Canadian Natural. I very much enjoyed my time at all places but especially at Canadian Natural where I still have colleagues to visit and particpated in rewarding challenges.
Great Experience
IS System Operations Student (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Awesome and Fun Experience. Ten hours a day, Four days a week with descent pay. Learned lots and management was great. Nothing really hard about the job.
Exccellent Company
Maintenance Superintendent (Current Employee), Fort MacKay, Alberta, CanadaJanuary 20, 2015
Great Culture, Great Values, Great environment. Nothing to say but good thinks. I have been working here for over 6 years and we have grow together.
They are your friends, not co-workers at CNRL
Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), Conklin, AB Kirby In-situ Thermal PlantJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: your a team member an not just a worker
At CNRL they recognize you by name, not a number. Excellent place to work. They value their employees.

Wages are very competitive, benefits above average.
Productive and he
Supply Management Professional (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: fly in fly out, camp accommodation, good benefits and saving plan
Cons: tight deadlines-heavy work loads
Canadian Natural believes in working together – Dedicated workforce with vision and corporate values. Stakeholders are engaged in the communities where they operate, committed in working together by doing it right, continuously improving and providing execution excellence.
fun to work and productive
Buyer (Current Employee), calgary, albertaJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good bonuses
buys materials from different suppliers
support engineering pit stop
sourcing suppliers
fix invoices
Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayDecember 18, 2014
Pros: work only half the year
Cons: management is not very good
The management in my department that i worked in was no good. Not enough trust.The company and people are has a very nice feel to it.
Wellsite Supervisor
Contractor (Former Employee), Cold LakeDecember 4, 2014
A typical day of work consists of travel to location, hold pre job meetings with onsite crews & rig crew & begin our day of operations requested by the Primary Contractor. You never stop learning in any position you fill or take on. In this position I learned a great deal on the down hole and day to day expectations of the primary contractor. The people I work with are as great to work with. As with any place some personalities clash but being a leader you must be able to adapt and work with these individuals in a professional manner. The hardest part of any oilfield job would have to be the time away from home. The most enjoyable would have to be the diversity of tasks and challenges of the day to day operations expected of you.

1 2 3 4

About Canadian Natural

MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. – Read more

Canadian Natural Photos