Canadian Natural Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work. Plenty of time off.
Process Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 20, 2016
Great work schedule of 7 on and 7 off. The group o employees are great to work with. There is possibilities for advancement. Each day was a new and different challenge. Everyone for the most part ere team players.
Stayed for 12 yeares as I did enjoy my work there and the culture
Joint Venture Operated Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2016
Over the years, I moved from Admin to Accounts Payable to Joint Venture and loved it.

The challenges of the job where you had to analyse jibs and get back to partners with answers or backup. I enjoyed the interaction I had with my partners.

The management always had an open door policy and it was a great change that you could go in and talk to any of the management team without having that fear of being reprimanded.

The only reason I moved was the job changed from just being operated to being operated and non operated on the same desk with multiple deadlines and I did not want to go the non op route.

That is why I moved to Bonavista Energy.
Excellent Company and management team to work with
Camp Coordinator (Former Employee), Various remote camp sites.April 14, 2016
Pros: Great schedule, great team leaders, great co-workers
Cons: Subject to world market conditions.
As a Camp Coordinator it was a pleasure working with the CNRL team. If not for the downturn in the Oil & Gas industry, I would still be there.
Ok
Commissioning Process Operator (Current Employee), Fort McKay, ABMarch 20, 2016
Pros: People are great
Cons: Progression, 120 hours vacation yearly
Fantastic relationship with co-workers and supervision, progression,,,, not so much. After 8 years of working I am still stuck at an entry level vacation rate
great place
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 14, 2016
Pros: awesome team
Cons: fly in fly out hard on work-life balance
just needing a change, this is a great company with a great future too bad they weren't more integrated into the BC area. I have nothing bad to say at all i'm just needing a change in my work-life balance.
Greedy big company
Accounts Payable Clerk/Reception (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABMarch 9, 2016
When I started working for them it was okay. After about a year their true colours showed. Especially when oil dropped and they started dropping people left right and center but the big boys never took a wage cut. Greedy, Greedy, big company.
great workplace
Industrial Hygiene Technologist (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABFebruary 29, 2016
- great supervisor

- flexible in travel time

- willing to add more responsibilities

- the most enjoyable part was working for a great supervisor
A great experience overall
Skid Steer Operator (Rotation) (Former Employee), Kirby Lake, ABFebruary 29, 2016
The camp was very clean and it was nice and quiet at the end of the day. Staff were excellent, the food was good. Co-workers and supervisors were friendly and easy to get along with.
Best place to work
Tax Analyst Student (ongoing) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2016
Pros: welcoming atmosphere
Cons: none
On a typical day at work, i mostly do reports for SRED purposes, GST HST, reply to queirries regarding Tax conpliance appliations.
cnrl good company
Control Room/Plant Process Operator (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABFebruary 22, 2016
good hard working employees, work together to achieve a task
very low salary in comparison to competitive companies in the industry.
more management involvement with the employees would be appreciated
Productive and fun environment
Student, Information Systems - Systems Operations (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2016
The team is efficient and lean; client issues are resolved in a timely manner and structured approach with minimal downtime.
The environment is fun to work in, relaxed, and open. Collaboration among co-workers is awesome.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the commendation I receive from my supervisor after a job well done as well as the constructive advice given to assigned complete work.
Had a great time
Wellsite Supervisor (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABFebruary 12, 2016
I loved working for CNRL Lloydminster, my superintendants were super, they worked me hard, the other consultants were also very easy to get along with
Love on site work!
Environmental Co-op student (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 3, 2016
As a Co-op student position I was immersed in a very wide variety of tasks in order to give an appreciation for field work.
Great company to further your career in oil and gas operations!
Production Operator Technician (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Fun work environment, great management and free lunches
Cons: Long hours
› The management was very knowledgeable, helpful and productive.

› I wasn't just treated like a number.

› The company provided a safety-oriented culture and lots of room for advancement.
Can be a good place to work but totally depends on the team/manager.
PROGRAMMER/ANALYST (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: stock options can be good
Cons: No pention. Stupidly long hours if you are on the management track.
Unfortunately the current culture in IT does not value experience. The younger and cheaper you are the more attractive you are.

The managers in software development have no formal IT background so rely solely on process to manage. You need to be a process drone to excel in the IT software development group of this company. My definition of a process drone is someone who works to the metrics of process without regard to the possibly detrimental consequences to the goals those processes and metrics were originally intended to achieve. In this team you will NEVER be faulted if you follow the process. If you can turn off your brain and follow process you will excel here.

Things are much more results oriented in the field. There it tends to be more results oriented. Get it done as quickly, safely and efficiently (low cost) as possible and work any process later. More agile to use the jargon.
Great learning opportunity
Production Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2016
I worked at Canadian Natural Resources as an intern.
It's an amazing company with strong support for students and with great learning opportunities.
Developing people working together, creating value for all workers and company's shareholders by doing right with fun and integrity.
Safety & Integrity Specialist At Mine Operations (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work starts with Safety first.
I have learned at CNRL that the changes at this company comes from the hand of persistence, consistency and perseverance focused on the key objectives towards a stronger safety culture.
The co-workers are focuesed on the job and some of them are looking forward improvement for them and for the company.
The hardest part of the job was the Improvement ideas are heard and discussed, rest, work is fun and interesting rhythm.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Sometimes recognized the work you had completed
Cons: Bus ride was too much every day.
I started out in the Security Area as the HSRS Admin which is accepting and getting job applications checked for any reasons why person applying could not come on site. Data Entry work and checking for details was required for this position.
I managed the EBI Station which was attended by the Security group that was on site. This Station is where everyone received their badges to come on site.
I was transferred to the Fire Hall at Canadian Natural to help the fire fighters with any clerical jobs that were required. I enjoyed working with all of the Fire Fighters on sight because it was a very relaxing surroundings. I learned how the pacs are set up in case there is any emergencies eg. H2S. I enjoyed all the jokes and laughter everyday from the time you walked in the Fire Hall until you left for the day.
All of the coworkers were great people to work in both areas that I
worked. They always made you feel at home.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 20, 2015
I was asked to leave Finning at CNRL and take over leadhand, Teamlead Role for CNRL, learned lots at this site with very exsperienced management.
Busy
Haul Truck Driver, Fort Mckay, AB (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABNovember 27, 2015
~hauled material to needed locations
~ hail gate in the mornings to be notified of any changes in the pit or medical issues
~ had to do a walk around equipment to make sure everything was in order if not we had to report it
~Good communication
~The crew was like family if you were unsure about anything you were able to ask
Headquarters
2500, 855 - 2 Street S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 4J8