Canadian Natural

Canadian Natural Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to grow and anvance my professional skills
Construction Coordinator (Current Employee), CNRL HorizonJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: abilitiy to affect outcome with personal level of commitment
Cons: instability- sustaining capital is very susceptible to economic influences
Coordinate contractors ( Electrical, mechanical, support- scaffold & insulators) to executed projects in a brown field environment. Work with engineer team on review of upcoming projects and secure QA/QC requirements, scheduling and budgeting.

Great team environment with fantastic support from supervision.

Challenging, high paced environment which I found to be incredibly rewarding.
Great people
Warehouse Technician/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 26, 2015
This was a great place to work. Had a lot of fun and made some good friends
A good place to work overall
TA Maintenace Planning & Scheduling (Former Employee), Fort McMurray AlbertaJanuary 25, 2015
CNRL still suffers from the fact that it is a new facility and is still going through a growth curve. Co-workers are a professional group of people for the most part.
Great company!
Joint Venture Auditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2015
I have worked for five big companies. Nova, where I also worked in the field, Royal Trust Energy which was acquisition related, Pembina Resources as my first staff audit job, Norcen as a brief senior staff auditor in charge of junior auditors and training, and Canadian Natural. I very much enjoyed my time at all places but especially at Canadian Natural where I still have colleagues to visit and particpated in rewarding challenges.
Great Experience
IS System Operations Student (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Awesome and Fun Experience. Ten hours a day, Four days a week with descent pay. Learned lots and management was great. Nothing really hard about the job.
Exccellent Company
Maintenance Superintendent (Current Employee), Fort MacKay, Alberta, CanadaJanuary 20, 2015
Great Culture, Great Values, Great environment. Nothing to say but good thinks. I have been working here for over 6 years and we have grow together.
They are your friends, not co-workers at CNRL
Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), Conklin, AB Kirby In-situ Thermal PlantJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: your a team member an not just a worker
At CNRL they recognize you by name, not a number. Excellent place to work. They value their employees.

Wages are very competitive, benefits above average.
Productive and he
Supply Management Professional (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: fly in fly out, camp accommodation, good benefits and saving plan
Cons: tight deadlines-heavy work loads
Canadian Natural believes in working together – Dedicated workforce with vision and corporate values. Stakeholders are engaged in the communities where they operate, committed in working together by doing it right, continuously improving and providing execution excellence.
fun to work and productive
Buyer (Current Employee), calgary, albertaJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good bonuses
buys materials from different suppliers
support engineering pit stop
sourcing suppliers
fix invoices
Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayDecember 18, 2014
Pros: work only half the year
Cons: management is not very good
The management in my department that i worked in was no good. Not enough trust.The company and people are has a very nice feel to it.
Wellsite Supervisor
Contractor (Former Employee), Cold LakeDecember 4, 2014
A typical day of work consists of travel to location, hold pre job meetings with onsite crews & rig crew & begin our day of operations requested by the Primary Contractor. You never stop learning in any position you fill or take on. In this position I learned a great deal on the down hole and day to day expectations of the primary contractor. The people I work with are as great to work with. As with any place some personalities clash but being a leader you must be able to adapt and work with these individuals in a professional manner. The hardest part of any oilfield job would have to be the time away from home. The most enjoyable would have to be the diversity of tasks and challenges of the day to day operations expected of you.
FAST PACE WORK ENVIROMENT
BUSINESS ANAYLYS (Former Employee), CALGARYNovember 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, good saving plan
Cons: long hours, tight deadlines
FAST PACE WORK ENVIROMENT, TIGHT DEADLINES, OVERTIME NORMALLY REQUIRED EVERY MONTH.
Very productive and a fun place to perform daily process engineer tasks and learn new things
Planning Engineer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
My typical work day involved working for 10 hours a day. Daily site visits to the plant were necessary to perform routine check ups on equipment's such as, turbine, compressor, and the reformer. I was primarily involved working for the turnaround department and the second half of my day was involved with planning the next 2015 turnaround and analyzing engineering P&ID's and PFD's.
Busy environment, growth and change frequently. Good Standards.
Lead Coordinator - (Contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 31, 2014
Pros: fridays off part of the year.
Would we happy to work at this company again.

Contractors and Employee ratio changes from time to time. Contractors generally treated like staff.
great people to work with
Skyway Canada/JV Driver (Former Employee), CNRL HorizonOctober 30, 2014
well worth the time to work through this group. these people are like all other unions...out to get your money
Plant operator
Relief Operator (Former Employee), Lindbergh, ABOctober 30, 2014
Good experience, field work. Hard work, long hours. Week on week off shift. Good job security and ability to move up in the company. Salary is good.
company overall
Document Imaging Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, albertaOctober 24, 2014
The whole company is fantastic!! Wage... team builders... stocks... medical coverage... management at all levels... all excellent!!
Camp jobs with a young family at home
Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: away from home
The job was excellent but I do not wish to travel for work. Camp was dirty and crowded, bird bangers on the tailings pond kept me up at night.
Mining Warehouse
Warehouse / Materials Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaOctober 1, 2014
- Shipping & Receiving
- Coordination of Core returns and general parts
- Mining Tool Crib management
- Perform daily inventory counts and provide support to Inventory Control group
- Materials Management support for customers, Mining Team Leads, Planners and Buyers
- Provide constant “continuous improvement” to Warehouse Operations
- Provide training to new personnel
- Perform as Lead when needed or called upon to
Long Hours
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: stock options
Cons: not enough rest period between shifts
Long Hours and long commute to and from work. Putting production before safety was an issue I could not overlook or be submissive to, as their track record will speak for itself.

1 2 3 4

About Canadian Natural

MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. – Read more

Canadian Natural Photos