Canadian Natural Employee Reviews

friendly co-workers
Millwright and Electrician in Chemco (Current Employee) –  main siteSeptember 14, 2016
nice co-workers, good management! this is fun workplace, all co-workers is very nice, friendly and hard working,we help each others,this is my enjoyable part!
Great work experience.
Hydrotest Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 13, 2016
Can't wait to get hired back to FINISH the job. Still available and willing to travel. "No kids, no pets, no plants... What is with the minimum text requirement anyways????
Pros
Camp was fantastgic
Cons
Project was too short...
fun fast pace workplace a lot of great guys
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 8, 2016
go to work write paper work start to gather gear to build a scaffold throughout the day management would come check on us and ask how your day was going everybody worked well and got along with each other. the hardest part of the job would of been when their was a lot of people on site and a lot of congestion. most enjoyable part working at heights and learning a lot of new things and getting new people and making lots of friend.
Pros
good money free lunches
Cons
weather working outside all the time
A productive place to work
Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2016
Helped clients with library and records management inquiries. I enjoyed troubleshooting specific well record issues. I learned a new records management software system. My co-workers were always very helpful and I learned valuable knowledge from them.
Great place tohave worked
Pipeline & Facility Inspector (Former Employee) –  WabascaSeptember 1, 2016
Great crews to work with. Always a pleasure to show up daily. Managment was easy to get along with and informative. Enduring the constant mud was an issue.
Pros
Busy job
Cons
Mud
Great Culture, but its rapidly changing
Production Engineer - Primrose East Steamflood (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2016
Corporate culture is great with the benefits of a big company but feel of a small company. Staff is mostly pretty young which works well as most groups are dynamic with good ideas. You will likely work more here than you would at other companies and there likely wont be any benefit for doing so. Work life balance is heavy on the work. Strong and capable management structure with good track record. Unlikely you will ever become one of them. Emphasis and rewards on cutting costs.
Great place to work with fun and integrity
Sr. Cost Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horizon Site, Fort McMurrayJuly 22, 2016
excellent company
good training
nice environment
good pay
high end products
good hours
learned new skills which should transfer to new position
hated to leave
Pros
Outstanding Benefits, Pay decent & wonderful weekly meetings
Cons
No Comments
good place to learn
Plant operator (Former Employee) –  Wabasca, ABJuly 5, 2016
I was able to learn a great deal working here. far to much politics , if you aren't related to a senior staff member you are extremely expendable.
Pros
good camps
Cons
you are a number not a person
Good place to work and they provide good benefits
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
Fair and open workforce, Good place to learn for your career and is ideal for self starters. Given lots of room to develop and train for advancement.
Good experience
Turn Around Mechanical planner/Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Horizon siteJune 1, 2016
This is was a good place to help me gain some added work experience. I found the job challanging and rewarding at the sometime.
Very productive and very safe work place.
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay, ABMay 22, 2016
Very good managed work place, safety and work ethic were always top priority. Everybody maintained good working relationships with colleagues and contractors that were based on mutual respect.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
its a camp life
Journeyman Millwright / Reliability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 18, 2016
7 days 12 hours shift / Day Fly in & out
learned the equipment reliability procedures
Management is strict on Safety
Cooperative co workers
to work on Holidays is the hardest part
to work in a safe work atmosphere is the best feature
Pros
Camp Life with free meals
You are really just a number here.
Process and Sulphur Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay, ABMay 6, 2016
Wasn't a bad place to work, wage was good and personally I liked the camps. What sucked was how management treated people, and you were truly just a number.
With better, smarter and more caring management this really would of been a good place to work. Even on my exit interview I don't really even think they cared; but then again no one even showed up for my hiring interview. go figure.
I do believe this was just the local management; as I have a better feeling about the Calgary management
Pros
none. what they wrote down is exactly what you got.
Cons
Read above and read the small print
Good place to work. Plenty of time off.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 20, 2016
Great work schedule of 7 on and 7 off. The group o employees are great to work with. There is possibilities for advancement. Each day was a new and different challenge. Everyone for the most part ere team players.
Stayed for 12 yeares as I did enjoy my work there and the culture
Joint Venture Operated Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 20, 2016
Over the years, I moved from Admin to Accounts Payable to Joint Venture and loved it.

The challenges of the job where you had to analyse jibs and get back to partners with answers or backup. I enjoyed the interaction I had with my partners.

The management always had an open door policy and it was a great change that you could go in and talk to any of the management team without having that fear of being reprimanded.

The only reason I moved was the job changed from just being operated to being operated and non operated on the same desk with multiple deadlines and I did not want to go the non op route.

That is why I moved to Bonavista Energy.
Excellent Company and management team to work with
Camp Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Various remote camp sites.April 14, 2016
As a Camp Coordinator it was a pleasure working with the CNRL team. If not for the downturn in the Oil & Gas industry, I would still be there.
Pros
Great schedule, great team leaders, great co-workers
Cons
Subject to world market conditions.
Ok
Commissioning Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McKay, ABMarch 20, 2016
Fantastic relationship with co-workers and supervision, progression,,,, not so much. After 8 years of working I am still stuck at an entry level vacation rate
Pros
People are great
Cons
Progression, 120 hours vacation yearly
great place
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 14, 2016
just needing a change, this is a great company with a great future too bad they weren't more integrated into the BC area. I have nothing bad to say at all i'm just needing a change in my work-life balance.
Pros
awesome team
Cons
fly in fly out hard on work-life balance
Greedy big company
Accounts Payable Clerk/Reception (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMarch 9, 2016
When I started working for them it was okay. After about a year their true colours showed. Especially when oil dropped and they started dropping people left right and center but the big boys never took a wage cut. Greedy, Greedy, big company.
great workplace
Industrial Hygiene Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABFebruary 29, 2016
- great supervisor

- flexible in travel time

- willing to add more responsibilities

- the most enjoyable part was working for a great supervisor