Canadian National Railway Employee Review

View all Canadian National Railway reviews

Campany Promotes failure
10 ton Boom Truck Driver/ Track Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Fort St John, BC9 October 2013
Supervisors are told to go out and look for 25 saftey failures/passes a month but must find 5 failures or are themselves failed. I have had fails on things that I dont even do for the company. Also management is supost to tell you when you fail but most times will not. This is a bad company to work for, they do not treat you well at all.
Pros
Full time employement
Cons

Other Canadian National Railway Employee Reviews

Thermite wielder/Track maintainer (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 February 2018
I worked primarily in Northern Ontario, I found the travel was too much for my young family and felt I needed to work closer to home. The hardest part of the job was driving ten or more hours to get to a job site. Then driving home for a four day weekend every two weeks. Management could be hard to reach at times, but seemed to be fair in most situations. The best part of the job was seeing some of Northern Ontario. .
Pros
Pay was very good lots of overtime.
Cons
Northern Travel was hard on my vehicle
Demanding job but with big opportunities
Engineering Supervisor- Track and Roadways (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2018
Good company with good people , very demanding work schedule as we are on call 24/7. Rewarding you keep grounded and don’t let things get to you too much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian National Railway. Our community is ready to answer.