Canadian National Railway Employee Review

View all Canadian National Railway reviews

Great place to work if you want to learn anything.
apprentice (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 June 2014
CN Rail is willing to teach you as much as you want to learn no matter what. They really feel like family there and you are treated much like family, benefits were great, as was the work.

Other Canadian National Railway Employee Reviews

Productivité
Proposé à inventaire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2018
Je suis retraité du Canadien national je recherche un emploie pour rapprocher de ma demeure.
If you are ok with sacrificing everything you know and do outside of work, the job does pay well with great benefits.
Engine Hostler/Watchman (Former Employee) –  Canada22 February 2018
Started 1600 shift for 2 years with bad weekends, moved to 2400 shift 2 more years with bad weekends. Some great co-workers but TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT! Don't get too comfortable with everyone either, there is always someone willing to stab you in the back. Alot of conflict of interest between some workers and management as well. For a company its size, it really is sad how bad the place is run and how they treat employees. I guess there's a reason they pay so well. The money wasn't worth the mental stress put on me by the environment though. That being said, I tip my hat to the people who can serve 35 years for a greasy company like CN.
Pros
Great wages, great benefits
Cons
Terrible management, terrible weekends, terrible life/work balance all around, company doesn't care about the worker one bit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian National Railway. Our community is ready to answer.