Canadian National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Job was tiring of cleaning garbage maintenance
CNE ground maintainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
A day at work was either rainy or sunny outside in terms of weather, and us employees had to pick up garbage, and return it back to the CNE maintenance.

The management was a little too aggressive, giving us limited breaks while on the job, working.

The hardest part of the job was to push the garbage bins all the way across the CNE grounds back to the CNE maintenance cleaning centre.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the sightseeing of the park, while on the job.
Pros
Employees got in for free, working or not.
Cons
Carrying garbage across the park for a long distance.
Fun times at the CNE even as a worker
Ticket Scanner/ Greeter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
I came back to the CNE for 3 consecutive years because I loved the atmosphere and people working here. Everyone was kind and respectful and the days went by so quickly it never felt like work. If you enjoy talking to customers and are outgoing then I would recommend working at the EX because its an experience I will cherish forever.
Fun
TICKET SELLER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
Everyone is generally really nice and friendly. You are provided vehicles to take your tills back to the main office. Overall this job is good the only disadvantage would be the lack of parking for employees.
Pros
hours
Cons
no parking
an okay envoirment
Games Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2017
I worked for premier amusement, the shifts were horrible, I had to ask for shifts. on the first day they took me out of rotation and put me in another game then again took me out of rotation again only for me to wait for 3 hours by myself only for me to go home
Fun and enjoyable workplace
"Agventure" Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Concentrated work position. Fun but many hours in the day. The long work-day went by fast and breaks were available. Only 3 week sessions as per the ex hours.
Pros
Young staff
Cons
Long shifts
Really easy job if you're an efficient cleaner
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
All of your tasks are simple and laid out for you so you shouldn't have any trouble. Overall had a great time working for the CNE. Cleaning wasn't too hard and since it's the summer you get to take a lot of shade breaks. So I would say it's 60% cleaning 40% relaxing. If you can clean quick then you're in for an amazing and easy experience.
Pros
Free admission to CNE, You could make friends with other employees that could give you free food or ride tickets.
Cons
The reputation is bad, You're seen as just a cleaner
Fun place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
Easy summer part-time job for students.

The job was easy, just check in the customer with online ticket and issued them the bracelet.

Employee can access the ride for free which is very good!
Productive workplace
Kubota Driver & Park Liason (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
The coworkers were nice, the work was tough especially when it was blazing hot, but we did get good breaks. i just didnt like that we got paid on the hour, so if we were a minute late because of ttc troubles, we wouldnt get paid the entire hour.
A good job for the summer
Outdoor Concessions Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
The typical day of work was exhausting, however, the people were comfortable to be around.

I learned basic skills such as public speaking and persuasive advertisement, how to solve problems, how to deal with customers, and how to handle money.

The hardest part of the job was the hours.
Very productive, extremly fast-paced.
staff and public (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Working at the CNE was only a seasonal job but for the time I was there the work required a lot of hands on work and it was in a very fast-paced environmet. Some of my tasks included maintaing the cleanliness of the park grounds and making sure customer were assisted correctly.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
From my Youth
Extravaganza Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
While I was in highschool I worked at CNE as a booth worker. This was actually my first job. Usually very simple after the rules are explained. Does not help that it happens in the dead of summer but it is good for business.
Labour intensive job
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2017
- On your feet for most of the day
- Little to no customer interaction
- Outside for most of the day
- Mainly individual tasks to be done
- Too many employees to create a tight working environment
Pros
Free entrance
Cons
Labour intensive
Great opportunity for students and anyone else
Paper Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2017
Great work environment and respect for the employees. The hours are great and the work is not overbearing. The other employees were great to work with. Gained experience in teamwork and communication skills.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
I was a newcomer at that time. I was very happy to find a job at CNE. I met different people with different culture. Sometimes I had
to move to different stores and I enjoyed it.
Pros
discounts employee
Cons
long hour
Horrible
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
It's basically slave work. We worked in the 30-degree sun for 7 hours with 2 15 minute breaks. if you are caught slacking you are fired.
Quick money but i don't recommend it.
Pros
Make new friends
Cons
Everything else
Fun
Food server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
It was the first job I had and I am grateful for the opportunity. Since this was a seasonal job it would be busy most of the time. The manager was always nice even when I made mistakes. They hire a lot of first time workers which is really beneficial to gain experience in the work field. The hardest part of the job was working 6 days a week but it was a fun experience nonetheless.
Interactive and Fun workplace
Info Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
A typical day at work as an Info Line Attendant starts with signing in at the QE building and turning on your computer/phone system. While you patiently wait for a call you get writing utensils, paper and the GO schedule handy for customer inquires. It is great that the workplace is filled with so much diversity and culture to learn about from your fellow coworkers at your lunch break. The hardest part of the job is answering call after call with no breaks. But the most enjoyable is listening to customers talk about their past memories at the CNE. At the end of the day all attendants sign out and turn off both phones and computers.
Pros
working with a friendly team
Cons
can be long hours
Fun environment for kids and employee's
AgVenture Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
Monitored a kids station by ensuring their safety and that they have a good time.
Amazing coworkers and supportive supervisors.
Create a positive environment that is enjoyable for everyone of all ages.
Super fun place to work in
Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
I really had so much fun working here, so much things to do in your break time. Amazing management. Not a flexible job, but got a lot of hours within a short period of time.
Summer fair job
Gate Attendee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
lots of friendly people from co-workers to supervisors and upper management - good job culture

hardest part of the job was standing outside in hot weather for long periods of time

most enjoyable part of the job was free access to fair grounds and friendly co-workers