Canadian National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Cne
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
It was my first official job, the pay was good for a 16 year old and I got good hours. The management was nice and patient with training. The hardest part was impatient customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long travel
Poorly managed, little regard for employees
Program Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
I can't speak to the entirety of the CNE, but where I worked (in exhibition hall), it was a poorly managed, unnecessarily stressful work environment. It's sessional work and it is clear they do NOT care about employees at all. For 18 days I worked 6 hours a day with 30 min breaks each day (which was typical). They tried to stagger our breaks, but ended up scheduling some people to break 30 min into their shift and then working the rest of the day nonstop. Management got angry when we tried to switch break shifts with each other, even though it had no impact on our ability to man the exhibit. There were 3 managers for the exhibits and they were constantly breathing down our necks about things beyond our control. It seemed like their jobs were highly redundant: why were there 3 of them for a one person job? I got berated for things other staff members did, or things that had nothing to do with us at all (such as lack of traffic in our particular exhibit). Pay was minimum wage and no overtime pay despite working 40+ hrs/week for the 18 days (only exception was 1.5 pay on labour day). Basically they know that it's sessional work and employees have nowhere to formally complain about working environment so will likely just suck it up and not come back the following year.
Pros
consistent hours
Cons
tedious, long hours standing
Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
Hour are flexible, work schedule is a but unorganized. Supervisors and co-workers are friendly, and the pay is decent. A benefit is that you could go to CNE for free
Pros
free entrance
Had an amazing time!!!
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2017
Everyday I would come to work and get to work with amazing staff. My manger was easy to talk to, very understanding and supported me when needed. You also get to be surrounded by endless fun working here.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
Distance
Good place to work for 2 weeks if you dont have another job.
Salesperson (Games) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2017
As the games attendant I had to spin the wheel and see where the arrows landed. The winner would get their original money multiplied by the number of arrows.
fun workplace
Game Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
Very good workplace; most enjoyable part is colaborating with my co-workers; I learned that working here at CNE takes an enormous commitment. Working for long hours is not an easy thing
Fun place to work
Tickets Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
a typical day at work would be like, come in pick up your bag of money wait for your supervisor to assign you to a destination go, replace one of your coworkers, then work. break 15 twice a shift.
productive place
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
A typical day at work was fast paced, my co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was remembering multiple orders at the same time
Pros
great working environment
Cons
long, busy hours
first job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
first job, worked in the bathrooms. glad to have moved on and learn from other life experiences. that place would have made me go no were
Pros
Cons
bad job
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
A typical day at work was taking peoples orders and serving them. Beginning of the day you would enter through the main gates, the atmosphere was very playful and exciting so time would go by easily. Co- workers are on the same boat as you, helping each other out, communicating, and working hard. The hardest part of the job was the never ending line, especially when it was lunch at around 12:00 pm. most enjoyable part of the job was working at the CNE! A lot of games, rides, food, and etc.
Canadian National Exhibiton place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
A typical day at work was reaching work on time and getting the job started.
I would gather my cart with cleaning things for the day. Then report to my station where I would start my cleaning . I would make sure all the bins were emptied and new garbage bags were in place so the old garbage bags would go out on my cart.
I have learned that it is important to keep the environment clean by using the right products. Health and safety is also important.
The was not any part of the job that was hard, since I am a hard worker and I am up to any work that challenges me.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and getting along with my co-workers.
Pros
I am a hard working person
Cons
I love challenges
Job is very slow and a good experience for teens
Cleaning crew (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Just a normal 8 hour shifts. where walking around the CNE park picking up garbage and changing garbage bins. Hardest thing is just trying to work in the hot days.
Pros
enter in for free even on days that your off
Cons
working out in the sun.
Great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
great learning experience, taught you so much. The employers were very generous. The co workers were very friendly, made some great friends.
fun place to work
Paper picker and push cart attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
a really interesting experience at the Canadian national exhibition with lots of new faces to see everyday and seeing everyone having a great time. nice job
Pros
meeting people
Cons
far away
any concession job paid based on commission
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
most concession jobs are paid based on commission, which definitely isn't far since most hours are 10-12 hours long. if they change their pay to hourly instead of commission, they'll probably have more employees
Great Skills Obtained
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2016
Working in a fast paced environment, must be able to adapt to different types of environment. Fun place to work with your co-workers.
Pros
food, long hours
Cons
little breaks
Fun summer job
Paper Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
I dealt with garbage for pretty much the whole time i was there, learned proper technique of how to lift things.I was always working in the sun
Pros
Meet a lot of new people
Cons
very long shifts
good working environment
guest services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
helping customers with questions and assisting them.
always have patience at the work place
good atmosphere, understanding manager
supportive co-workers (cooperation)
meeting new people was enjoyable
Pros
meeting new people from around the world
Cons
rude customers
Very Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
I loved the company and helping them grow as a company. I learned many things with this company and how to help them grow. My communication skills with customers were always good but they helped me expand my connection with customers. Overall great experience.
Pros
free food
Cons
Fun and entertaining place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are a part of such a big thing, a huge exhibition. In addition, the atmosphere is amazing and entertaining.
Pros
Free admission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.

Canadian National Exhibition Reviews by Location