Canadian National Exhibition Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive Environment to work in
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2016
Managers are really good. Provide clear instructions. Everyday was a busy day. I was awarded the $500 bonus for extra efforts. I maintained cash register in accounts office for ticket purchases to help make event a huge success. (1.6 million visitors). Guided visitors to over 30+ event locations in and outside the exhibition.
Managed provision of logistics to 3 housekeeping and logistics staff members to meet storage and use needs.
Productive work environment
Kids' World Programs Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 27, 2016
I loved working at CNE part-time! I managed to help with art sessions throughout the day and clean up afterwards. The most enjoyable was connecting with so many wonderful kids that had a passion for art as I do. My co-workers were very friendly and enjoyed getting to know my supervisor as well. If the lunch breaks were longer, I would be happy to work part-time again or even full-time.
Pros
Working with children, reasonable tasks
Cons
Short lunch breaks, dealing with impatient parents, hot weather
Exciting and enjoyable workspace
Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2016
The CNE has to be one of the most fun work places because of the enormous amounts of people all enjoying a day at the exhibition. Many visitors outside of Toronto ask questions about the city and different cultural aspects of Toronto. Working for Parks Canada, I learned a lot about the national parks and artifacts on display. My co-workers were easy to work with and it was a great time. Applying airbrush tattoos on visitors had to be the best part of the job because of the quick yet interesting conversations with all different people. The excitement of children and adults alike to get a tattoo was touching and really made the whole experience a whole lot better.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
The heat
Fun, but really long hours
Gaming Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
I have learned how to interact with customers and not to be shy. Got better at my customer services skills. My co-workers were chill and fun. One thing I didn't enjoy so much was, really long hours in the hot sun. The hardest part was trying to get customers to come play the games sometimes, but I learned how to get the customers to come and play.
A great environment, very productive work space
Booth Attendent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
Astro Amusements has allowed me to experience a whole new levels of skills. A typical day at work would be organizing the merchandise as well as managing the inventory. The workers are great and the variety of people that you encounter on a daily basis are amazing.
Pros
Going on the rides
great place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work was helping out customers. I learned a lot. The management were great. My co-workers were great. There were no hard parts to this job. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I was working with a lot of my friends.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
really long hours
Productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
Typical day at work, what I learned was being able to talk to customers and crew leaders. Hardest part of the job was to work long hours in the hot sun. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people go to the places they needed to go if they were lost.
Work wasn't too high intesive
Cleaning and coordinating (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 19, 2016
Got to work with a lot of people, of different age. Working hours was flexible. I was like coordinating more than cleaning. The break room could have ben better but it wasn't that bad.
Fun and always busy, you get to meet a lot of people everyday.
Ticket sales representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
You have to be always enthusiastic and energetic as people of all ages come to CNE to go on rides. I have learned that time goes by fast when you enjoy what you do. My co-workers were funny and very kind, I never got bored at work. The hardest part of the job is working under the sun in the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job is having to work in a positive atmosphere, where you get to see many people smiling and having fun.
Pros
Free rides, nice co-workers
Cons
No shade under the sun, no free food
Great atmosphere
Game Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 8, 2016
Friendly staff, managers and customers, Always came prepared and energetic to bring in revenue. The most enjoyable part of working here was the happiness on the faces of people due to winning prizes.
Enjoyable working environment, friendly people
Ticket Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
Come in and get straight to work
Learned management side of ticket operations
Friendly management
Friendly co-workers
Free lunch
Pros
Pays well with lunch included
Relaxed, Fun, Chilled Enviroment
Recycling Waste Driver /Gate Attendent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2015
I learned how important customers can be to a business and gained knowledge on how to handle customers at different situations, Interacted with various people on a day to day basis. Over all it wasn't so bad
Pros
Interacting with people of different race and Culture, learning interesting facts about people
Cons
Long hours out in the sun
sold tickets
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  exhibition placeMarch 25, 2016
greeted guest and sold them tickets and provided information about the Tabulated sales and acepeted botth cash and electronic payments
Interactive and fun environment at the Gambling activity booth
Four Tables (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
Exciting and amazing environment with amazing co-workers. Learned to multi-task between being respectful, interactive and ethical and had a great time learning to gamble with money. The hardest part of being an employee at the Gambling Station ( Four Tables) was being able to manage standing stationary for long periods of time and being able to simmer down a disrespectful and unethical customer while gambling with their money. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to excite and build up a positive adrenaline from customers and also receiving a positive rating from customers as decent sales were being made.
Pros
Part- Take in free access to riding equipment
Cons
Standing for long periods of time.
Fun Place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
-reasonable hours
-social skills grew
-co-volunteers we're around the same age and friendly
-management was very nice and relatable
-hardest part of the job would be running out of flyers/programs too
quickly
Interesting work environment always different and new
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
-Always working with different people
-Different shows/events you can see
-Range of ages that work here
-Simple yet fun work
Pros
Good pay and hours
Cons
Inconsistent work schedules
Great Summer Job for friendly those who are People Oriented and Responsible
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Great way to make money for the last few weeks of summer. Ideal job for Students and anybody who is willing to dedicate 2 weeks of 8-9 hours shifts into their summer. Depending on which Gate you are assigned to it can get extremely busy but patience and positive attitude makes the job seem much easier. One of the enjoyable parts of the job was the relationships between colleagues and management, as well as meeting different people every day which can get interesting when you come across people with great vibes.
Pros
Discounted food (limited)
Cons
slightly physically straining
Felt overworked and under compensated
security guard (Former Employee) –  3434 Dundas St WNovember 30, 2015
There was communication problem between management and I. It was hard to find who to contact to schedule shifts, furthermore it was difficult to figure out who to answer to.
table games
supervisor (Former Employee) –  casino, ONJanuary 8, 2016
enjoyed in the new job as a table games supervisor:

a shift work

work at night

good relationship with co-workers

easy for me

happy with player together
Fun and busy work place
House Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
Everyday is a new experience, learning how to communicate in a busy area and doing you duties at the same time. All the staff are nice and caring for each other and supportive.

Canadian National Exhibition Reviews by Job Title