Canadian National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Fun Place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
-reasonable hours
-social skills grew
-co-volunteers we're around the same age and friendly
-management was very nice and relatable
-hardest part of the job would be running out of flyers/programs too
quickly
Fun and always busy, you get to meet a lot of people everyday.
Ticket sales representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Free rides, nice co-workers
Cons: No shade under the sun, no free food
You have to be always enthusiastic and energetic as people of all ages come to CNE to go on rides. I have learned that time goes by fast when you enjoy what you do. My co-workers were funny and very kind, I never got bored at work. The hardest part of the job is working under the sun in the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job is having to work in a positive atmosphere, where you get to see many people smiling and having fun.
Interesting work environment always different and new
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Good pay and hours
Cons: Inconsistent work schedules
-Always working with different people
-Different shows/events you can see
-Range of ages that work here
-Simple yet fun work
Felt overworked and under compensated
security guard (Former Employee), 3434 Dundas St WNovember 30, 2015
There was communication problem between management and I. It was hard to find who to contact to schedule shifts, furthermore it was difficult to figure out who to answer to.
Relaxed, Fun, Chilled Enviroment
Recycling Waste Driver /Gate Attendent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2015
Pros: Interacting with people of different race and Culture, learning interesting facts about people
Cons: Long hours out in the sun
I learned how important customers can be to a business and gained knowledge on how to handle customers at different situations, Interacted with various people on a day to day basis. Over all it wasn't so bad
okay job for students but there are much better ones out there
attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
senior management does not treat their part time employees well. they expect you to work slave labour. you get to meet lots of exciting ppl tho
Interactive and fun environment at the Gambling activity booth
Four Tables (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Part- Take in free access to riding equipment
Cons: Standing for long periods of time.
Exciting and amazing environment with amazing co-workers. Learned to multi-task between being respectful, interactive and ethical and had a great time learning to gamble with money. The hardest part of being an employee at the Gambling Station ( Four Tables) was being able to manage standing stationary for long periods of time and being able to simmer down a disrespectful and unethical customer while gambling with their money. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to excite and build up a positive adrenaline from customers and also receiving a positive rating from customers as decent sales were being made.
Great Summer Job for friendly those who are People Oriented and Responsible
Ticket Seller (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Discounted food (limited)
Cons: slightly physically straining
Great way to make money for the last few weeks of summer. Ideal job for Students and anybody who is willing to dedicate 2 weeks of 8-9 hours shifts into their summer. Depending on which Gate you are assigned to it can get extremely busy but patience and positive attitude makes the job seem much easier. One of the enjoyable parts of the job was the relationships between colleagues and management, as well as meeting different people every day which can get interesting when you come across people with great vibes.
Worst work i've ever had
game attendant (Current Employee), toronto onSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Long hours; Deduction your salary; Some rude customers; so hot. some rude crew members as well
Like other students, I was so happy when I got hired at CNE. But then when I started my work, I've had some issues. #1 You have to stay for long hours. One time I experienced working starting from 9am to 11:30pm. #2 Some co-workers were not that helpful. SOME just chitchat and doing nothin. They're just chillin and not helping you. #3 Some of the managements were really strict about their rules. So make sure to follow it so you won't get in a big trouble. #4 Too much heat. #5 If I will be given a chance to be part of CNE? I would decline the offer and those things up there are the reasons why I wouldn't want to be part of it again. They charge you a big amount of money at your uniform and pass. They deduct it to your salary. Mine got deducted $200. Would you still wanna risk to work in here? Definitely not!
Great summer job for 2 weeks
Financial Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), torontoAugust 20, 2015
Seasonal job for student with pretty decent pay. Fun environment to learn simple things about work life. Few important skill are taught, i.e. time management, interpersonal skills, etc.
Fun and busy work place
Games Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ontarioJune 8, 2015
Great work environment and team members. Also great management. Need to be able to stand and work for long periods of hours.
Summer Job
Food Service Trucks (Former Employee), Exhibition PlaceJune 3, 2015
It's probably the most funnest jobs you'll ever have. The pay is by cash, an hour breaks and you get to explore the CNE all day.
enjoyable work environment
game operator (Former Employee), toronto, onJune 1, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: long hours
Fun work environment with good co-workers but very busy and long work hours. Management was not very reliable or easy to contact. Over all a good experience
easy work, fun, good coworkers but long hours
Customer service (Former Employee), Toronto ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: free entry to CNE
Cons: hours not consistent
get to meet new people. all i did was clear the goblet pit, stack crater balls in a bucket, dealt with money and a lot of interacting with customers. best part about the job was with working with friends. hardest part of the job was the rush hour when a lot of customers came in to play.
Minimum wage job
Gate Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2015
Its easy to get hired here with no experience, however keep in mind you will only be working for 2 weeks at the end of the summer. Its okay place to work, except commuting there is hard, because you have to take a street car from union, which can take a long time.
Working at the CNE: Expect the UnExpected
Cleaner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: You get $20 if you hand back the uniform
Cons: You basically spend everything you make in the facility. (i.e food.)
A typica day at work is fun, and enjoyable. I learned that people skills are extremely important. The management was very welcoming. My co-workers were lovely to work with, and helpful at that! The hardest part of the job was cleaning the stalls. It was all worh it for the pay check.
The best job I had so far
Paper Picker & Washroom Cleaner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: lunch time
it was very fun to work with many people. I made many friends. I learned many things like how to work around thousands of people. There were no hard part of the job because everything was fun and exciting. the most enjoyable part of the job was the lunch break because me and my friends would go around the fair.
Good place to start off the coming of the school year
Kids World Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: discounts, meeting new people
Cons: dealing with summer weather conditions
Sometimes I was unaware of how long I would work so I can pack extra food for 12h shifts. But sometimes I would work for 12 or I would work less. At 12am almost each day, we would get a text saying when our next shift is, and if you had the first one, waiting for that text, you lose some much needed sleep.
Active place, safe working environment,
Followed instructions from the supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto OnJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: available hours
Cons: travel, distance may be far
Working at the Canadian Exhibition place gave me opportunity to practice team work skills. I met and interacted with people my age and we set tasks that each was to complete. I worked over nights cleaning from 12 am to 8 am and I can say it was the hardest part of the job because I am not used to working late shifts. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the co-workers and knowing that you have the support of the staff.
Relaxed, fun, friendly enviroment
Ambassador for "Car of the Century Exhibit" (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 20, 2014
Pros: good wages, friendly/fun atmosphere
Cons: summer job only, reprimanding those who disregarded the rules
Guarding rare/priceless vehicles
Directing customers to various viewing stations
Reprimanding those that didn't follow the no touching signs