Canadian National Exhibition

Canadian National Exhibition Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to start off the coming of the school year
Kids World Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: discounts, meeting new people
Cons: dealing with summer weather conditions
Sometimes I was unaware of how long I would work so I can pack extra food for 12h shifts. But sometimes I would work for 12 or I would work less. At 12am almost each day, we would get a text saying when our next shift is, and if you had the first one, waiting for that text, you lose some much needed sleep.
Active place, safe working environment,
Followed instructions from the supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto OnJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: available hours
Cons: travel, distance may be far
Working at the Canadian Exhibition place gave me opportunity to practice team work skills. I met and interacted with people my age and we set tasks that each was to complete. I worked over nights cleaning from 12 am to 8 am and I can say it was the hardest part of the job because I am not used to working late shifts. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the co-workers and knowing that you have the support of the staff.
Relaxed, fun, friendly enviroment
Ambassador for "Car of the Century Exhibit" (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 20, 2014
Pros: good wages, friendly/fun atmosphere
Cons: summer job only, reprimanding those who disregarded the rules
Guarding rare/priceless vehicles
Directing customers to various viewing stations
Reprimanding those that didn't follow the no touching signs
challenges and fun workpalce in CNE Casino
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: solving problems flexibility.
Cons: night time shift.
I worked in CNE Casino this fall, and I found that was a very nice experience for me in Canda.
I developed expertise in customer service and problem solving skills. Everyday, I faced numerous customers during work. I needed to :Greet customer and handle clients’ inquiries in a sensitive and professional manner.
Assisted with colleagues to maintain a feel-good atmosphere while promoting service to customers.
Responded to sensitive problems, provided the innovative solutions to unexpected issues, and maintained a pleasant working environment.
There were many unexpected problems that challege me. For example, the customer needed to opened the winner hands without his last bet. According to the policy, the customer had no right to see the winner hands unless his betting in the last run. The dealler had opened the cards, and then the winner was angry. As the customer service supervisor, I needed to solve the problem flexibility and with professional manner. I talked to the winner softly, because the customer always be right even he has done something inappropriately. I explained to him the fault during the game, and let him know about the dealler was a fresher. As the old saying goes by, “ everyone make mistakes, no one is perfect." And with the nice manner and soft voice in persuading, the winner was cooling down and becoming understood.
During the working of CNE Casino, there were numerous throny problems. As our customer service mission is " wish the customers have fun and feelling good, I tried my best to service customers in professional manner. And now, I developed very good customer service skills, built up the abilities to work under pressure and work well with others. Thank you CNE for giving me the opportunity to gained these excellent experience via working.
Working at the CNE is an amazing experience and great work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great pay, wonderful experience, nice people
Cons: some long hours.
A typical day at work would consist of 6-8 hours of supervising staff to make sure that all guests were having a good time. The people who work at the CNE are all very friendly and approachable and the management is very efficient and nice. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with upset customers but I always managed to solve their problems . The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing all our hard work being appreciated and that the guests were having a good time.
THE EX
Funnel Cake Cart (Former Employee), 210 Princes' Blvd, Toronto, ON M6K 3C3September 3, 2014
Pros: labor day was time and a half
Cons: you have to work fast, customers impatient
I loved working at CNE, it was in downtown with a diverse culture, even if the job got tiring i loved seeing people and making funnel cakes. Especially all the hot girls.
Way to expand network.
Entertainment Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
Had to interact with many people and learn how life experiences.
Fun work environment along with others
Ticket Seller (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free entry until last shift
Cons: only 2 weeks (temporary seasonal job)
There are slow times like in in the morning but once it become 5$ after 5pm there's a rush full of people in line for tickets but you're not on your own, you always have the support and help from co-workers and supervisors so you're not on your own during overwhelming situations. Amazing co-workers and team working alongside each other. If only CNE was longer than 2 weeks, I would love to work here all year round.
Fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: free access to the park after work
Cons: 5 hour shifts in the boiling hot sun
Greeted guests at gates, handed out flyers. Helped customers with directions. I learned how important customers can be to a business and gained knowledge on how to handle customers at different situations. Management were really and the volunteers were treated well. Co-workers like the management were really nice and friendly. The most hardest part of the job was standing in the sun on very hot days doing the required tasks. Getting to know my co-workers and making guests happy.
productive, fun workplace and a lot of experienced gained during this summer job
Kids World Attendant- Art Studio (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2014
Working at the EX, was a great time I got to work in a fun work environment that constantly kept me busy at all times. I learned how to multi- task, have good time management throughout my shifts, and solve problems that occured from time to time. The management was good, and a typical day at work would be helping children with arts and crafts ( doing activities with them), cleaning up several times throughout the day, etc. The hardest part was multi-tasking and dealing with problems for example kids wanting more "beads" for the bracelets they made but only a certain amount could be given. Overall working at the EX was great and i would recommend it to anyone in need of a fun summer job.
Very dirty, and stressful
Cleaner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: air conditioning
Cons: garbage
A day as a cleaner included washing bathrooms and picking up garbage. The only beneficial part of the job was that I was indoors and had air conditioning.
Good Vibes
Cook (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2014
i learned how to work in a tight area.
working with a bunch of cool, nice people.
hardest part was making the food quick but well done and the same time for the customers.
i really enjoyed the people. being outside making new friends.
Interact with vast amounts of people
Gate Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free admissions
-Interacted with various people on a day to day basis
-Worked with friendly people
-Work place was not stressful
High Paced Work Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
Somewhat challenging at times when dealing with angry customers.
You meeting knew people everyday.
Great staff to be around.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Children's Area Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Working at the Exhibition you are constantly in contact with new people everyday, especially children and parents. You have to be very welcoming and constantly working hard to make sure that everyone who comes by is enjoying their experience. A typical day at work is a 7 hour shift, starting either at 9:45AM, 1:00PM, or 4:00PM. The job I worked was a children's play area so there were a number of stations. You would work at one station for around 30 minutes to an hour and then rotate positions. There was also a half hour lunch break. The hardest part of the job was probably running, standing, and crouching for the entire shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and the people you work with. I learned a lot about working with customers and children while at this position.
excellent workplace
Candy Sales and Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
-Excellent Workplace
-developed organizational and communication skills, and also leadership
fun workplace, great teammate
Casino Poker Dealer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: nice working place and good pay
Cons: night shifts
*Excellent guest relations skills, neat and well groomed appearance
*Exceptional ability to listen to and correspond with customers
*Excellent experience working with my co workers
Productive and Fun Workplace
Ticket Seller (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2014
-able to manage life and work
-co-workers around the same age as me
-able to work and have fun at the same time
Productive work area with a great view of the Air Show.
Food Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: the loud roar of the planes during the air show
Working at one of the food tents during the Air Show Weekend at the Ex is a good experience learner. We helped with setting up the area, and my job was to help with preparing the hamburgers and hot dogs. There's already someone working the grill, but when the meats are cooked, we put the respective buns on the meats, put the burgers/hot dogs in paper holders, then give them to the customers. For me, the hardest part of the job is the clean up/set up. While it doesn't take a while, we have to do this for security measures since we're not 100% sure the security guards will watch the booths after closing. The best part of the job, is that we get to eat as much burgers and hot dogs as we want. Since it was only for the Air Show Weekend, we only worked about 3-4 days, but it was still a good experience in my book.
Good for students, very flexible
Cleaning Attendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: in the sun for too long
-Good for students, very flexible
-Only there for 2 weeks, so little time to know everyone