Canadian National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2016
A typical day at work would be taking orders and serving customers, and sometimes prepping the food. I learned how to handle different customers. The management was good, and was always there to assist. My co-workers were all friendly and made work much more enjoyable. I do not consider there to be a hard part of the job mainly because of the fact that I had previous work experience from McDonald's Canada. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my co-workers.
Canadian National Exhibiton place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
A typical day at work was reaching work on time and getting the job started.
I would gather my cart with cleaning things for the day. Then report to my station where I would start my cleaning . I would make sure all the bins were emptied and new garbage bags were in place so the old garbage bags would go out on my cart.
I have learned that it is important to keep the environment clean by using the right products. Health and safety is also important.
The was not any part of the job that was hard, since I am a hard worker and I am up to any work that challenges me.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and getting along with my co-workers.
Pros
I am a hard working person
Cons
I love challenges
great place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
A typical day at work was helping out customers. I learned a lot. The management were great. My co-workers were great. There were no hard parts to this job. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I was working with a lot of my friends.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
really long hours
Very Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
I loved the company and helping them grow as a company. I learned many things with this company and how to help them grow. My communication skills with customers were always good but they helped me expand my connection with customers. Overall great experience.
Pros
free food
Great Skills Obtained
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2016
Working in a fast paced environment, must be able to adapt to different types of environment. Fun place to work with your co-workers.
Pros
food, long hours
Cons
little breaks
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
A typical day at work was taking peoples orders and serving them. Beginning of the day you would enter through the main gates, the atmosphere was very playful and exciting so time would go by easily. Co- workers are on the same boat as you, helping each other out, communicating, and working hard. The hardest part of the job was the never ending line, especially when it was lunch at around 12:00 pm. most enjoyable part of the job was working at the CNE! A lot of games, rides, food, and etc.
Enjoyable working environment, friendly people
Ticket Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
Come in and get straight to work
Learned management side of ticket operations
Friendly management
Friendly co-workers
Free lunch
Pros
Pays well with lunch included
Cons
Worst work i've ever had
game attendant (Current Employee) –  toronto on7 September 2015
Like other students, I was so happy when I got hired at CNE. But then when I started my work, I've had some issues. #1 You have to stay for long hours. One time I experienced working starting from 9am to 11:30pm. #2 Some co-workers were not that helpful. SOME just chitchat and doing nothin. They're just chillin and not helping you. #3 Some of the managements were really strict about their rules. So make sure to follow it so you won't get in a big trouble. #4 Too much heat. #5 If I will be given a chance to be part of CNE? I would decline the offer and those things up there are the reasons why I wouldn't want to be part of it again. They charge you a big amount of money at your uniform and pass. They deduct it to your salary. Mine got deducted $200. Would you still wanna risk to work in here? Definitely not!
Pros
Cons
Long hours; Deduction your salary; Some rude customers; so hot. some rude crew members as well
A great environment, very productive work space
Booth Attendent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
Astro Amusements has allowed me to experience a whole new levels of skills. A typical day at work would be organizing the merchandise as well as managing the inventory. The workers are great and the variety of people that you encounter on a daily basis are amazing.
Pros
Going on the rides
Cons
any concession job paid based on commission
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
most concession jobs are paid based on commission, which definitely isn't far since most hours are 10-12 hours long. if they change their pay to hourly instead of commission, they'll probably have more employees
Fun, but really long hours
Gaming Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2016
I have learned how to interact with customers and not to be shy. Got better at my customer services skills. My co-workers were chill and fun. One thing I didn't enjoy so much was, really long hours in the hot sun. The hardest part was trying to get customers to come play the games sometimes, but I learned how to get the customers to come and play.
Exciting and enjoyable workspace
Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
The CNE has to be one of the most fun work places because of the enormous amounts of people all enjoying a day at the exhibition. Many visitors outside of Toronto ask questions about the city and different cultural aspects of Toronto. Working for Parks Canada, I learned a lot about the national parks and artifacts on display. My co-workers were easy to work with and it was a great time. Applying airbrush tattoos on visitors had to be the best part of the job because of the quick yet interesting conversations with all different people. The excitement of children and adults alike to get a tattoo was touching and really made the whole experience a whole lot better.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
The heat
Job is very slow and a good experience for teens
Cleaning crew (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Just a normal 8 hour shifts. where walking around the CNE park picking up garbage and changing garbage bins. Hardest thing is just trying to work in the hot days.
Pros
enter in for free even on days that your off
Cons
working out in the sun.
Productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
Typical day at work, what I learned was being able to talk to customers and crew leaders. Hardest part of the job was to work long hours in the hot sun. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people go to the places they needed to go if they were lost.
Productive Environment to work in
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2016
Managers are really good. Provide clear instructions. Everyday was a busy day. I was awarded the $500 bonus for extra efforts. I maintained cash register in accounts office for ticket purchases to help make event a huge success. (1.6 million visitors). Guided visitors to over 30+ event locations in and outside the exhibition.
Managed provision of logistics to 3 housekeeping and logistics staff members to meet storage and use needs.
good working environment
guest services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
helping customers with questions and assisting them.
always have patience at the work place
good atmosphere, understanding manager
supportive co-workers (cooperation)
meeting new people was enjoyable
Pros
meeting new people from around the world
Cons
rude customers
fun place to work
Paper picker and push cart attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
a really interesting experience at the Canadian national exhibition with lots of new faces to see everyday and seeing everyone having a great time. nice job
Pros
meeting people
Cons
far away
Productive work environment
Kids' World Programs Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2016
I loved working at CNE part-time! I managed to help with art sessions throughout the day and clean up afterwards. The most enjoyable was connecting with so many wonderful kids that had a passion for art as I do. My co-workers were very friendly and enjoyed getting to know my supervisor as well. If the lunch breaks were longer, I would be happy to work part-time again or even full-time.
Pros
Working with children, reasonable tasks
Cons
Short lunch breaks, dealing with impatient parents, hot weather
first job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
first job, worked in the bathrooms. glad to have moved on and learn from other life experiences. that place would have made me go no were
Pros
Cons
bad job
Great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2016
great learning experience, taught you so much. The employers were very generous. The co workers were very friendly, made some great friends.

Canadian National Exhibition Reviews by Job Title