Canadian National Exhibition

Canadian National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2016
A typical day at work would be taking orders and serving customers, and sometimes prepping the food. I learned how to handle different customers. The management was good, and was always there to assist. My co-workers were all friendly and made work much more enjoyable. I do not consider there to be a hard part of the job mainly because of the fact that I had previous work experience from McDonald's Canada. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my co-workers.
Productive Environment to work in
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2016
Managers are really good. Provide clear instructions. Everyday was a busy day. I was awarded the $500 bonus for extra efforts. I maintained cash register in accounts office for ticket purchases to help make event a huge success. (1.6 million visitors). Guided visitors to over 30+ event locations in and outside the exhibition.
Managed provision of logistics to 3 housekeeping and logistics staff members to meet storage and use needs.
Productive work environment
Kids' World Programs Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2016
I loved working at CNE part-time! I managed to help with art sessions throughout the day and clean up afterwards. The most enjoyable was connecting with so many wonderful kids that had a passion for art as I do. My co-workers were very friendly and enjoyed getting to know my supervisor as well. If the lunch breaks were longer, I would be happy to work part-time again or even full-time.
Pros
Working with children, reasonable tasks
Cons
Short lunch breaks, dealing with impatient parents, hot weather
good working environment
guest services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
helping customers with questions and assisting them.
always have patience at the work place
good atmosphere, understanding manager
supportive co-workers (cooperation)
meeting new people was enjoyable
Pros
meeting new people from around the world
Cons
rude customers
Exciting and enjoyable workspace
Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
The CNE has to be one of the most fun work places because of the enormous amounts of people all enjoying a day at the exhibition. Many visitors outside of Toronto ask questions about the city and different cultural aspects of Toronto. Working for Parks Canada, I learned a lot about the national parks and artifacts on display. My co-workers were easy to work with and it was a great time. Applying airbrush tattoos on visitors had to be the best part of the job because of the quick yet interesting conversations with all different people. The excitement of children and adults alike to get a tattoo was touching and really made the whole experience a whole lot better.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
The heat
Very Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
I loved the company and helping them grow as a company. I learned many things with this company and how to help them grow. My communication skills with customers were always good but they helped me expand my connection with customers. Overall great experience.
Pros
free food
Cons
any concession job paid based on commission
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
most concession jobs are paid based on commission, which definitely isn't far since most hours are 10-12 hours long. if they change their pay to hourly instead of commission, they'll probably have more employees
A great environment, very productive work space
Booth Attendent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
Astro Amusements has allowed me to experience a whole new levels of skills. A typical day at work would be organizing the merchandise as well as managing the inventory. The workers are great and the variety of people that you encounter on a daily basis are amazing.
Pros
Going on the rides
Cons
Fun, but really long hours
Gaming Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2016
I have learned how to interact with customers and not to be shy. Got better at my customer services skills. My co-workers were chill and fun. One thing I didn't enjoy so much was, really long hours in the hot sun. The hardest part was trying to get customers to come play the games sometimes, but I learned how to get the customers to come and play.
Fun and entertaining place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are a part of such a big thing, a huge exhibition. In addition, the atmosphere is amazing and entertaining.
Pros
Free admission
Fun summer job
Paper Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
I dealt with garbage for pretty much the whole time i was there, learned proper technique of how to lift things.I was always working in the sun
Pros
Meet a lot of new people
Cons
very long shifts
Great Skills Obtained
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2016
Working in a fast paced environment, must be able to adapt to different types of environment. Fun place to work with your co-workers.
Pros
food, long hours
Cons
little breaks
Productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
Typical day at work, what I learned was being able to talk to customers and crew leaders. Hardest part of the job was to work long hours in the hot sun. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people go to the places they needed to go if they were lost.
great place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
A typical day at work was helping out customers. I learned a lot. The management were great. My co-workers were great. There were no hard parts to this job. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I was working with a lot of my friends.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
really long hours
Work wasn't too high intesive
Cleaning and coordinating (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2016
Got to work with a lot of people, of different age. Working hours was flexible. I was like coordinating more than cleaning. The break room could have ben better but it wasn't that bad.
Great atmosphere
Game Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2016
Friendly staff, managers and customers, Always came prepared and energetic to bring in revenue. The most enjoyable part of working here was the happiness on the faces of people due to winning prizes.
Fun and always busy, you get to meet a lot of people everyday.
Ticket sales representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2016
You have to be always enthusiastic and energetic as people of all ages come to CNE to go on rides. I have learned that time goes by fast when you enjoy what you do. My co-workers were funny and very kind, I never got bored at work. The hardest part of the job is working under the sun in the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job is having to work in a positive atmosphere, where you get to see many people smiling and having fun.
Pros
Free rides, nice co-workers
Cons
No shade under the sun, no free food
Enjoyable working environment, friendly people
Ticket Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2016
Come in and get straight to work
Learned management side of ticket operations
Friendly management
Friendly co-workers
Free lunch
Pros
Pays well with lunch included
Relaxed, Fun, Chilled Enviroment
Recycling Waste Driver /Gate Attendent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2015
I learned how important customers can be to a business and gained knowledge on how to handle customers at different situations, Interacted with various people on a day to day basis. Over all it wasn't so bad
Pros
Interacting with people of different race and Culture, learning interesting facts about people
Cons
Long hours out in the sun
sold tickets
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  exhibition place25 March 2016
greeted guest and sold them tickets and provided information about the Tabulated sales and acepeted botth cash and electronic payments

Canadian National Exhibition Reviews by Job Title