Canadian National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Daily Interactions with people.
Concessions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
I worked many 12 our shifts, each day i communicated with many people from different places. I worked with 3 or 4 others at my stand. We got 2 breaks whenever we wanted. Hardest part was making sure no one was cheating at the gambling table. I enjoyed speaking with costumers and meeting new people.
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
Bad Weather
Not fun
Concession Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
Worked concessions. It was horrible, everyone working there didn't like their job and seemed disappointed that life had brought them to the unfortunate circumstances of working in a depressive work environment
Best seasonal summer job
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2017
summertime at the exbition is the place to be an be seen..... working.
Loved all
My co workers
Great outdoor work experience
Good incentives
Friendly environment
Pros
Not all year
Cons
Seasonal
Fun Workplace
Texas Hold'em Dealer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
A typical day at work would consist of doing chip count checks when you are seated at the table, card count checks.

You walk up to the supervisor and you will get assigned a table to deal at. Depending on the number of dealers available, you get a break every 20-60 mins. You will always get sent to a different table, and sometimes get assigned a dead table if there are too many occupied.

The enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with the players and watching the players reactions. As the dealer, you have the power to deal the cards to players and watch who wins and loses.

The hardest part of the job would be that if you are very susceptible to criticism and have a low EQ, this job is not for you
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Lack of shifts, casino only comes around for a month once a year
fun workplace
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
I learned a lot from my job: communicate and cooperate with colleagues, personnel scheduling, and professional skill.

The management of workplace was good, and the shift schedule was reasonable.

My favorite part of workplace culture is employees can take 15 minutes' rest in each hour.
Pros
15 minutes's rest in each hour
Cons
seasonal job
Job was tiring of cleaning garbage maintenance
CNE ground maintainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
A day at work was either rainy or sunny outside in terms of weather, and us employees had to pick up garbage, and return it back to the CNE maintenance.

The management was a little too aggressive, giving us limited breaks while on the job, working.

The hardest part of the job was to push the garbage bins all the way across the CNE grounds back to the CNE maintenance cleaning centre.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the sightseeing of the park, while on the job.
Pros
Employees got in for free, working or not.
Cons
Carrying garbage across the park for a long distance.
Fun times at the CNE even as a worker
Ticket Scanner/ Greeter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
I came back to the CNE for 3 consecutive years because I loved the atmosphere and people working here. Everyone was kind and respectful and the days went by so quickly it never felt like work. If you enjoy talking to customers and are outgoing then I would recommend working at the EX because its an experience I will cherish forever.
Fun
TICKET SELLER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
Everyone is generally really nice and friendly. You are provided vehicles to take your tills back to the main office. Overall this job is good the only disadvantage would be the lack of parking for employees.
Pros
hours
Cons
no parking
an okay envoirment
Games Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2017
I worked for premier amusement, the shifts were horrible, I had to ask for shifts. on the first day they took me out of rotation and put me in another game then again took me out of rotation again only for me to wait for 3 hours by myself only for me to go home
Fun and enjoyable workplace
"Agventure" Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Concentrated work position. Fun but many hours in the day. The long work-day went by fast and breaks were available. Only 3 week sessions as per the ex hours.
Pros
Young staff
Cons
Long shifts

Want to know more about Canadian National Exhibition?

Ask a question
Really easy job if you're an efficient cleaner
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
All of your tasks are simple and laid out for you so you shouldn't have any trouble. Overall had a great time working for the CNE. Cleaning wasn't too hard and since it's the summer you get to take a lot of shade breaks. So I would say it's 60% cleaning 40% relaxing. If you can clean quick then you're in for an amazing and easy experience.
Pros
Free admission to CNE, You could make friends with other employees that could give you free food or ride tickets.
Cons
The reputation is bad, You're seen as just a cleaner
Fun place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
Easy summer part-time job for students.

The job was easy, just check in the customer with online ticket and issued them the bracelet.

Employee can access the ride for free which is very good!
Productive workplace
Kubota Driver & Park Liason (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
The coworkers were nice, the work was tough especially when it was blazing hot, but we did get good breaks. i just didnt like that we got paid on the hour, so if we were a minute late because of ttc troubles, we wouldnt get paid the entire hour.
A good job for the summer
Outdoor Concessions Vendor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
The typical day of work was exhausting, however, the people were comfortable to be around.

I learned basic skills such as public speaking and persuasive advertisement, how to solve problems, how to deal with customers, and how to handle money.

The hardest part of the job was the hours.
Very productive, extremly fast-paced.
staff and public (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Working at the CNE was only a seasonal job but for the time I was there the work required a lot of hands on work and it was in a very fast-paced environmet. Some of my tasks included maintaing the cleanliness of the park grounds and making sure customer were assisted correctly.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
From my Youth
Extravaganza Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2017
While I was in highschool I worked at CNE as a booth worker. This was actually my first job. Usually very simple after the rules are explained. Does not help that it happens in the dead of summer but it is good for business.
Labour intensive job
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2017
- On your feet for most of the day
- Little to no customer interaction
- Outside for most of the day
- Mainly individual tasks to be done
- Too many employees to create a tight working environment
Pros
Free entrance
Cons
Labour intensive
Great opportunity for students and anyone else
Paper Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2017
Great work environment and respect for the employees. The hours are great and the work is not overbearing. The other employees were great to work with. Gained experience in teamwork and communication skills.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
I was a newcomer at that time. I was very happy to find a job at CNE. I met different people with different culture. Sometimes I had
to move to different stores and I enjoyed it.
Pros
discounts employee
Cons
long hour
Horrible
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
It's basically slave work. We worked in the 30-degree sun for 7 hours with 2 15 minute breaks. if you are caught slacking you are fired.
Quick money but i don't recommend it.
Pros
Make new friends
Cons
Everything else