Canadian National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at!
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2018
Met lots of people, some of the coworkers can be rude at times even when your not at fault in the first place.Good pay though.Employees get discounts
Pros
discounts, good pay
Cons
long hours, seasonal
If you made friends with the workers that monitor the rides, you can get on for free
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Housekeeping Attendant25 January 2018
Grounds are very big so when its lunch you have to walk all the way to the food building and by the time you buy your food your 30 minute lunch break is over.
Cons
Short Breaks and Long Hours
Alright position
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
Working there is alright but probably never again. The hours were okay (10:30am-4pm) but I was paid the student minimum wage (at that time $10.50), so I wasn't making much money as I needed to. It is a great place to start off with (as your first job and such), but if you're like me who's worked before, then not the best place.
Extremely fun!
Pita pit employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2018
I loved working here, my time working in the food-building was amazing! My coworkers were the best and everybody was great! Highly Recommend this job to anyone who wants a easy-going well paid job!
Fun temporary workplace
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
manage food stands
built teamwork skills
gained food handler experience and skills
made sure all appliances were sterilized
in charge of making popsicles
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Relatively Easy work if only repetative
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
Depending on the shift, the regular work day is reliant on the needs of the show, either pre-, during, or post cleaning. Management is good, the foremen are relatable, and the work culture is overall relaxed, but boring.
nice environment
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
this was a great summer job experience. fun place to be and great people to work with. i made a lot of friends at my time working with the CNE. great memories there.
Daily Interactions with people.
Concessions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
I worked many 12 our shifts, each day i communicated with many people from different places. I worked with 3 or 4 others at my stand. We got 2 breaks whenever we wanted. Hardest part was making sure no one was cheating at the gambling table. I enjoyed speaking with costumers and meeting new people.
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
Bad Weather
Not fun
Concession Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
Worked concessions. It was horrible, everyone working there didn't like their job and seemed disappointed that life had brought them to the unfortunate circumstances of working in a depressive work environment
Best seasonal summer job
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2017
summertime at the exbition is the place to be an be seen..... working.
Loved all
My co workers
Great outdoor work experience
Good incentives
Friendly environment
Pros
Not all year
Cons
Seasonal

Want to know more about Canadian National Exhibition?

Ask a question
Fun Workplace
Texas Hold'em Dealer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
A typical day at work would consist of doing chip count checks when you are seated at the table, card count checks.

You walk up to the supervisor and you will get assigned a table to deal at. Depending on the number of dealers available, you get a break every 20-60 mins. You will always get sent to a different table, and sometimes get assigned a dead table if there are too many occupied.

The enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with the players and watching the players reactions. As the dealer, you have the power to deal the cards to players and watch who wins and loses.

The hardest part of the job would be that if you are very susceptible to criticism and have a low EQ, this job is not for you
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Lack of shifts, casino only comes around for a month once a year
fun workplace
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
I learned a lot from my job: communicate and cooperate with colleagues, personnel scheduling, and professional skill.

The management of workplace was good, and the shift schedule was reasonable.

My favorite part of workplace culture is employees can take 15 minutes' rest in each hour.
Pros
15 minutes's rest in each hour
Cons
seasonal job
Job was tiring of cleaning garbage maintenance
CNE ground maintainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
A day at work was either rainy or sunny outside in terms of weather, and us employees had to pick up garbage, and return it back to the CNE maintenance.

The management was a little too aggressive, giving us limited breaks while on the job, working.

The hardest part of the job was to push the garbage bins all the way across the CNE grounds back to the CNE maintenance cleaning centre.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the sightseeing of the park, while on the job.
Pros
Employees got in for free, working or not.
Cons
Carrying garbage across the park for a long distance.
Fun times at the CNE even as a worker
Ticket Scanner/ Greeter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
I came back to the CNE for 3 consecutive years because I loved the atmosphere and people working here. Everyone was kind and respectful and the days went by so quickly it never felt like work. If you enjoy talking to customers and are outgoing then I would recommend working at the EX because its an experience I will cherish forever.
Fun
TICKET SELLER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
Everyone is generally really nice and friendly. You are provided vehicles to take your tills back to the main office. Overall this job is good the only disadvantage would be the lack of parking for employees.
Pros
hours
Cons
no parking
an okay envoirment
Games Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2017
I worked for premier amusement, the shifts were horrible, I had to ask for shifts. on the first day they took me out of rotation and put me in another game then again took me out of rotation again only for me to wait for 3 hours by myself only for me to go home
Fun and enjoyable workplace
"Agventure" Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Concentrated work position. Fun but many hours in the day. The long work-day went by fast and breaks were available. Only 3 week sessions as per the ex hours.
Pros
Young staff
Cons
Long shifts
Really easy job if you're an efficient cleaner
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
All of your tasks are simple and laid out for you so you shouldn't have any trouble. Overall had a great time working for the CNE. Cleaning wasn't too hard and since it's the summer you get to take a lot of shade breaks. So I would say it's 60% cleaning 40% relaxing. If you can clean quick then you're in for an amazing and easy experience.
Pros
Free admission to CNE, You could make friends with other employees that could give you free food or ride tickets.
Cons
The reputation is bad, You're seen as just a cleaner
Fun place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
Easy summer part-time job for students.

The job was easy, just check in the customer with online ticket and issued them the bracelet.

Employee can access the ride for free which is very good!
Productive workplace
Kubota Driver & Park Liason (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
The coworkers were nice, the work was tough especially when it was blazing hot, but we did get good breaks. i just didnt like that we got paid on the hour, so if we were a minute late because of ttc troubles, we wouldnt get paid the entire hour.