The Canadian Mosaic project, started on October 1st 2008 by the photographer Tim Van Horn, will bring together 36,000 portraits from every province and territory in Canada, inclusive of all ethnic/socioeconomic groups, sub-cultures and generations to celebrate life for Canada Day in 2017, the 150th birthday of the nation.
Every attempt is being made to construct an authentic, visual anthropological document that genuinely reflects our collective humanity.
To overcome the burden of activity related to the success of the project and the approach of the date of the event, to develop communication and tasks related to the art project, The Canadian Mosaic project is seeking to hire someone independent, organized and motivated by this approach.
The position calls for a Media relations and communication co-ordinator with professional training either in journalism, marketing or communications.
The scope of work includes:
- Online updating social media pages (Facebook, twitter…), blog and website.
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, media releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, newsletters and other material printed and online (skills: Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and dreamweaver, basic Illustrator and mosaic software)
- Create and update network and databases: media, festivals, events, corporate sponsors, government agencies promoting with 2017 programming.
- Write, translate and revision in French of all the documents edited or online
- Act as spokesperson and answer written and oral inquiries in French
- Develop foundraising
- Research on the Canadian culture and history to development the content of the Canadian Mosaic online pictures.
- In the field of documentation, record data with a focus on using audio recordings, photography and video
- Merchandise development of marketing goods and online store sales and shipping.
- Photography knowledge would be of great value although not a must.
Skills: advanced French (essential), Multi-tasking, People Skills, Documentation Skills, MS and/or Mac Proficiency, Organization, 5-8 years of experience in communication and/or PR
The person should work well independently and have own laptop.
Terms of Employment: Permanent. 30 hours per week (overtime occasionally)
Salary: $21.00 progressive with qualification and experience.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Specific working conditions:
Head office location in Red Deer. Telecommunicating work is possible.
Frequent traveling in all provinces.
Please apply with resume and availability by email.
I thank all applicants but only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago