Title: Executive Director
Posting Date: January 16, 2014
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
CMHA Alberta Central Region Board of Directors
The Executive Director provides vision, leadership, and sound managerial skills to enable the CMHA-Central Alberta Region to carry out its mandate in support of mental health in the community. This position includes responsibility for the overall management and administration of the Association's programs and services, personnel, and financial resources, with a budget of approximately 2.1 million dollars. The incumbent provides knowledge, expertise, and recommendations to the Board that enhance and maximize the mandate.
This work requires initiative, effective leadership and strategic goal setting, and a proven skill set that includes planning, evaluation, organizational development, Association promotion, media and public relations, fund development, marketing, and a clear understanding and sensitivity of both the public and non-profit sectors. The Executive Director will have an established record of sound business practices, in addition to a good understanding of mental health, mental illness, social policy development, social action, and advocacy.
- Support to the Board of Directors
- Planning and implementation
- Budgeting, Resource and Risk Management
- Human Resources Planning and Management
-Public Relations, Communications and Advocacy
- Relevant university degree
- 5 years of experience in a senior management position, preferably in the non-profit sector, and demonstrated abilities in the effective and efficient management of human resources, financial resources, programs delivery, and organizational development
- Demonstrated understanding of mental health, mental illness, addictions, brain injury, social policy development, social action, and advocacy
- Ability to work independently, operate effectively in a complex multi-program organization
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated abilities of strong leadership, strategic goal setting, and vision of how to achieve the over-all objectives of the organization
- Proven skills in the areas of planning and evaluation, media and public relations, grant applications, and fund development to enhance the financial well-being and goals of the organization
Please forward your Resume and Cover letter in response to this ad with Executive Director in the subject line. The deadline for application entries is February 5th, 2014. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in The Canadian Mental Health Association.
To view the complete Job Description please visit our website www.reddeer.cmha.ab.ca
Indeed - 10 months ago
The CMHA Central Alberta Region was founded in 1964. Like the other eight Alberta regional branches, we are separately incorporated as a...