The Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC), established in 1945, is recognized internationally for excellence in chiropractic education, research and patient care.
Our vision is to be an academic institution recognized for creating leaders in spinal health.
Our mission is to deliver world class chiropractic education, research and patient care.
Our employees have a commitment and dedication to the advancement of health care. We continue to seek talented individuals who make a positive difference in living our vision and mission.
Position: Facilities Assistant, reporting to the Director, Physical Facilities (35 hours/week; variable hours and weekend work on occasion)
Start Date: ASAP
The successful candidate will perform preventative and other maintenance activities on building and equipment, as well as assemble and dismantle furniture and perform welding duties.
- Dismantles, moves and assembles equipment, furnishings for CCPA hall and other areas as requested. Completes small welding jobs and repair. Repairs chairs in the building including CCPA Hall, etc
- Performs preventative maintenance including minor renovations and routine repairs of defective equipment, tools and furnishings, including but not limited to windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, roof and other parts of building structures.
- Replenishes products in washrooms, clinic pods, “ice melt bins”; cleans up spills as needed. Clears plugged toilets as needed. Collects money from vending machines installed in washrooms. Maintains grounds, empties and cleans outside garbage cans and recycles containers. Removes debris from property; performs additional snow removal and gardening. Maintains outdoor equipment – small engine maintenance and repairs. Inspects and maintains boiler rooms, mechanical rooms, parking machine, pool equipment and chemicals. Ensures disposal of all shredder bins.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure the physical condition of buildings, machinery and premises do not deteriorate, including but not limited to painting, woodwork, HVAC, generators. Paints walls and performs woodwork.
- Assembles, installs and/or repairs wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Certificate from post-secondary institution, 1-year College Diploma, or 1-year specialized technical training program certificate in maintenance
- Supplier training related to machinery, equipment and tools
- Minimum 1.5 years of experience in a related role
- Ability to lift and transport heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
- Ability to work shifts and perform on-call duties
- Knowledge and adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Knowledge of WHMIS an asset
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Interpersonal skills
- Models professional attributes and the core values of CMCC, Communication, Accountability, Respect & Excellence
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) by September 4, 2012 to:
Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
Attention: Human Resources Division
6100 Leslie Street, Toronto ON M2H 3J1
Please indicate the position title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only candidates who meet the requirements of the position will be invited to an interview. Successful applicants shall be required to provide original transcripts to validate their academic qualifications as a condition of employment at CMCC.