Reporting directly to the Regional Director, Alberta the Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the planning, organization and execution of fundraising events, and health promotion and awareness events and programs for the Calgary Chapter of the Canadian Liver Foundation.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and implement fundraising events and programs in consultation with the Regional Director.
- Coordinate event logistics including researching and negotiating venue contacts and other additional services required from vendors, for example audio visual, equipment rentals, and food services.
- Ensure that events and programs are designed and implemented to maximize fundraising opportunities while following relevant CLF policies and procedures.
- Organize, execute and manage the processes associated with distributing event tickets, invoices, tax receipts, and thank you notes.
- Plan and deliver events and programs utilizing volunteer support.
- Under the direction of the Regional Director, set up revenue and expense budgets and implementation strategies that support both national and regional goals and objectives.
- Ensure all administrative and logistical duties are implemented for example financial administration, monitoring, reporting, invoicing and receiving.
- Develop and maintain strong community relationships/networks.
- Create sponsorship packages, within national guidelines, and facilitate distribution to new and existing sponsors/partners.
- Solicit in-kind donations and prizes for silent auctions and raffles.
- Develop and maintain media connections/relationships that will provide ongoing support and coverage of CLF events, health promotion and awareness activities.
- Prepare internal and external correspondence, and regular updates and reports at the national and regional level.
- Ensure that revenue tracking and expense allocation systems are in place and reconcile all invoices, etc. post-event.
- Actively recruit and solicit third party events and develop new third party event opportunities.
- Ensure funeral homes are sufficiently stocked with CLF In Memoriam cards and donation forms. Provide ongoing follow-up and relationship management.
- Ensure thank you letters and receipts are accurate and sent out in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the local Living with Liver Disease program including planning and coordination of meetings and speakers.
- Build and sustain a strong base of volunteers.
- Recruit and engage volunteers to assist in fundraising activities and programs and ensure they receive appropriate training, support and resources necessary to complete tasks. Ensure all volunteers receive appropriate recognition.
- Work collaboratively with committee chairs and liaise with volunteers, providing clear direction, information and materials in a timely and accessible manner.
- Establish and attend volunteer meetings; generate and distribute minutes.
- Recruit volunteer spokespersons.
- Coordinate and attend health fairs, health promotion events and presentations as required. Develop and participate in outreach initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or diploma, post secondary program in special events or public relations.
- Fundraising experience in a volunteer driven environment desirable.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills in all areas.
- Strong leadership skills, initiative, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to multi-task, utilizing planning skills to coordinate projects and meet deadlines. Coordinate several competing priorities.
- Detail oriented with excellent time management skills and coordinate.
- Ability to develop and execute effective event critical paths.
- Strong organizational, analytical, writing, research and interpretive skills in support of fundraising initiatives at all levels.
- Demonstrate a high degree of judgment, sensitivity and confidentiality while working with medical and personal information of volunteers and donors.
- Adheres to high level of ethical standards in utilizing donor information and adheres to confidentiality requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, Publisher), Artez and has database experience.
- This position will entail some evenings and weekends
Salary range: $40,000-$45,000 plus benefits commensurate with experience.
Submit resume and cover letter in confidence by January 18, 2013 to:
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 4 months ago
The Canadian Liver Foundation is committed to combating every form of liver disease through research, education and patient support programs...