Canadian Linen and Uniform Service Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Office Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 April 2016
I worked here for a month and was hardly trained and the lady that did train me left out stuff and I would get in trouble because I didn't do something that I was never told to do. They are so unfair and cold and pretty sure had me replaced before I even was fully trained. Would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
There was none
Cons
Upper management is cold hearted and money hungry
Boring
Soil count, checking In (Current Employee) –  Somewhere19 October 2015
It sucks, I would never recommended it to my worst enemy. To many immigrants not enough Caucasian plp, always to much firing and not enough hiring, plp are always let go before there 70 days is up, seems like management is filling there pockets full of cash by letting new employees go before probation, they push and push u, work u like dogs, or a robot
Pros
Mon-fri that's the only thing I like
Cons
Upper management sucks, u have a lead hand who is younger then u, everyday there's stress, fighting that never gets delt with
Extremely unrealistic mental and physical requirements.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto,Ontario16 February 2015
This company was a great place to work many years ago, many incentives and a management that cared, and had a say as to how to treat their employees. This is no longer the case. The direct managers that run the service department today are under immense pressure and are given totally unrealistic goals and time restraints that are inevitably passed on to the customer service reps. The morale and atmosphere that permeate the working environment due to all of that pressure is unbearable at times. I've witnessed many reasonable people fly of the handle and crack under the stress. It was almost a daily occurrence. There is literally not enough time in the day to complete all of the quotas required. There is just enough time to fulfill the loading/unloading and deliveries for the day, provided you don't take lunch or breaks, which almost no one does. Any complaints or requests for overtime will get you a "leave, if you don't like it here" comment from management. This company has sucked the life out of almost everyone I've worked with over years. Great pay and benefits are not worth the long term physical and mental side effects.
Pros
Working on your own
Cons
extremely long days/no overtime
Something challenging everyday.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 May 2012
A company that gave me every opportunity and because I put my best foot forward I was continually rewarded with both career advancement and monetarily. People often thought "it's just the laundry business how complex could it be"? I learned quickly that dealing with both internal and external customers had it's challenges. At the end of the day it was a rewarding place to work.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
nothing worth mentioning
worst place I have ever worked
worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria10 March 2013
I wouldn't recomend working here unless you a) need the money and b) can put up with alot. This was not a fun place to come to every day. Management was less than supportive and continually threatend that the plant would close due to the low profit the branch was bringing in. Most of the regualar people working there are fine. A little stressed out but good people. So glad I got out of there.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
working for a bunch of jerks
Fast paced enviroment.
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2015
My day would consist of coming in a half hour early to set up coffee station at most times. I would then greet all early employees to make sure to see who was in that day. I would then do my bank deposit each morning at 7;30 sharp. I then would send out all incoming email enquiries. I would also answer a 5 cisco phone line for 16 Canadian linen branches. I then would retrieve the mail ,that would be between 1 to 3 bins of mail. I would open and mark for appropriate branch. I would then stamp mail and send out all outgoing mail. every day usually consists of a very busy phone. The hardest part of the job would be not wanting to leave at the end of the day until everything was done. The most enjoyable part of my day was helping all customers that called in ,especially the angry ones , that I felt accomplished that I would make them laugh and feel better at the end of our call. I also enjoy talking with all my co-workers who I became good friends with.
comfortable working environment
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 August 2012
* Typically a day at work is busy
* I've learned technical aspects of machines
* Management is very good
* Co-workers are like family friends
* The hardest part was working on a hot summer day
* The most enjoyable part was to work on overtime on Saturday
Do you want to sleep at night
Driver (Former Employee) –  GTA20 August 2014
This place is the worst establishment I have ever worked for bar none. All the time I was there I never saw or knew of an HR department, very strange considering the size of the company. We the drivers drove trucks that were defective and highly unsafe. Customers were constantly furious with this evil company because they were being cheated of their monies on a regular basis. Drivers meeting early every week, overtime was almost never paid even thou overtime was worked almost every week. No clock to punch even thou we are paid hourly so how was overtime calculated or tracked, it wasn't dummy. I have never been so nervous and depressed the whole time I worked for this evil company. My advise to all reading this never go near this place, it is EVIL.
Pros
4 day work week great right, ok wait for the cons
Cons
Worked anywhere from 11 to 13 hours a day, paid for 10 hours a day. Overtime not paid.
Fast pace, hard working environment.
Route driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2014
Load my truck for the day. Head out and exchange dirty coveralls and mats for clean ones.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor working environment

2.4