Canadian Linen and Uniform Service

Canadian Linen and Uniform Service Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced enviroment.
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 10, 2015
My day would consist of coming in a half hour early to set up coffee station at most times. I would then greet all early employees to make sure to see who was in that day. I would then do my bank deposit each morning at 7;30 sharp. I then would send out all incoming email enquiries. I would also answer a 5 cisco phone line for 16 Canadian linen branches. I then would retrieve the mail ,that would be between 1 to 3 bins of mail. I would open and mark for appropriate branch. I would then stamp mail and send out all outgoing mail. every day usually consists of a very busy phone. The hardest part of the job would be not wanting to leave at the end of the day until everything was done. The most enjoyable part of my day was helping all customers that called in ,especially the angry ones , that I felt accomplished that I would make them laugh and feel better at the end of our call. I also enjoy talking with all my co-workers who I became good friends with.
Fast pace, hard working environment.
Route driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor working environment
Load my truck for the day. Head out and exchange dirty coveralls and mats for clean ones.
Do you want to sleep at night
Driver (Former Employee), GTAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week great right, ok wait for the cons
Cons: worked anywhere from 11 to 13 hours a day, paid for 10 hours a day. overtime not paid.
This place is the worst establishment I have ever worked for bar none. All the time I was there I never saw or knew of an HR department, very strange considering the size of the company. We the drivers drove trucks that were defective and highly unsafe. Customers were constantly furious with this evil company because they were being cheated of their monies on a regular basis. Drivers meeting early every week, overtime was almost never paid even thou overtime was worked almost every week. No clock to punch even thou we are paid hourly so how was overtime calculated or tracked, it wasn't dummy. I have never been so nervous and depressed the whole time I worked for this evil company. My advise to all reading this never go near this place, it is EVIL.
worst place I have ever worked
worker (Former Employee), VictoriaMarch 10, 2013
Pros: a pay check
Cons: working for a bunch of jerks
I wouldn't recomend working here unless you a) need the money and b) can put up with alot. This was not a fun place to come to every day. Management was less than supportive and continually threatend that the plant would close due to the low profit the branch was bringing in. Most of the regualar people working there are fine. A little stressed out but good people. So glad I got out of there.
comfortable working environment
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 30, 2012
* Typically a day at work is busy
* I've learned technical aspects of machines
* Management is very good
* Co-workers are like family friends
* The hardest part was working on a hot summer day
* The most enjoyable part was to work on overtime on Saturday
Something challenging everyday.
General Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMay 15, 2012
Pros: good work environment
Cons: nothing worth mentioning
A company that gave me every opportunity and because I put my best foot forward I was continually rewarded with both career advancement and monetarily. People often thought "it's just the laundry business how complex could it be"? I learned quickly that dealing with both internal and external customers had it's challenges. At the end of the day it was a rewarding place to work.