Canadian Linen & Uniform Services Employee Reviews

Horrible place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canada28 April 2017
Management is uneducated in their role and very little knowledge of coaching. Customer service is horrible. Do not work here. Customers constantly going without stock or deliveries. Work ethic is horrible.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no coaching, constant customer complaints.
Very good place to work for entry level job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2017
Overall, the company is very welcoming and friendly. There are many job titles and there is sure to be one that suits your needs. Worked only for a summer job, but Would recommend to others.
Good management & friendly staff
Fleet Mechanic/manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 April 2017
Great place to work & management recognizes good workers & provides opportunities for advancement .Place is centrally located in business park & is on bus routes
Pros
no pressures when work is performed at your best, although it may be below industry standard
Cons
long work days at times
Good to work for some issues
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Collection Specialist2 February 2017
I very much enjoy people. My job required me to make 25 plus calls day their expectations. By the second day on the job I was doing over 100.
Position was to cover employee off on leave
It's a factory job. You'll be paid little and taken advantage of.
Camp Receive (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2017
Overall it's a tough job that ages you quickly. Management only cares about the pennies they can save.

Several hours of overtime is to be expected every week without any prior notice.

Expect to work holidays and not be paid overtime for your first three months.
Very hard to balance life and Canadian linen
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2016
Very early start to the day and by the
time i was off it was 7pm most days that makes it almost impossible to have a life outside of work
Bad place to work
Shipper/Receiver/Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 November 2016
Edmonton management overides the local manager without asking anything. I got hired by accident and was there 4 months and found out I was supposed to be layed off 2 months ago
Its a job
Production/Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 October 2016
Typical day at work consisted of unloading the truck also reloading it with clean linen and or mats. The hardest part of the job was waiting for quitting time
fast paced
production (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2016
when working with Canadian linen worked in different departments
found gained experience when worked in each department
Pros
lot of overtime
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 May 2016
Working for Canadian Linen is bittersweet. The job provides enjoyable challenges and a great deal of personal freedom when solving them. These are 2 things I find extremely important in my career.
As a whole, however, the company is failing miserably at supporting their front line operations. Our depot (and I assume most others) has challenges entirely unique to our location and community which we service. Unfortunately our solutions for these problems are ignored at the corporate level and we are expected to fall in line and make do with outdated technologies and unacceptable expectations.
It's disappointing to find myself stifled once again in a position where I could have shined.
Do not work here
Office Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 April 2016
I worked here for a month and was hardly trained and the lady that did train me left out stuff and I would get in trouble because I didn't do something that I was never told to do. They are so unfair and cold and pretty sure had me replaced before I even was fully trained. Would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
There was none
Cons
Upper management is cold hearted and money hungry
Good work environment
Supervisor / Route Relief (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 April 2016
Great staff with a high level of professionalism. Everyone employed there has a really good work ethic and is open to change.
Pros
Free lunches at different customer locations
Solid tenured company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Okanagan, BC1 April 2016
A highly structured and innovative company who work hard to be the best they can be.

Long term Canadian company which has established roots all across the country.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Disconnect from plant to field
Excellent Pay
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The work was physically taxing and its Monday to Friday with some mandatory Saturdays. Once again that pay cheque was worth the work.
Pros
Around exprienced individuals
Cons
Long hours hard work
Longest and best job I ever had
Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2016
The laundry industry can be very hard. Always dealing with soiled mats, garments, linen, etc... This position is the one that allowed me to gain the most experience in general labourer and production.
Productive and fun atmosphere
accounts receivable (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2015
Fun place to work with great people. I enjoyed my position in Accounts Receivable and had the opportunity to build great relationships with my customers.
fast paced, teamwork driven environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2015
Canadian Linen was a challenging work environment managing unionized employees and a very large volume of customer accounts. I worked very long hours and was on call 7 days a week, but was extremely rewarding for someone like myself who craves responsibility.
Pros
great benefits, excellent team atmosphere
Cons
long hours, union environment
Boring
Soil count, checking In (Current Employee) –  Somewhere19 October 2015
It sucks, I would never recommended it to my worst enemy. To many immigrants not enough Caucasian plp, always to much firing and not enough hiring, plp are always let go before there 70 days is up, seems like management is filling there pockets full of cash by letting new employees go before probation, they push and push u, work u like dogs, or a robot
Pros
Mon-fri that's the only thing I like
Cons
Upper management sucks, u have a lead hand who is younger then u, everyday there's stress, fighting that never gets delt with
the rout is way to heavy
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Regina Sk6 October 2015
I worked at Canadian linen for two and a bit years. I was brought on as a CSR and was given a out of town rout, I was trained and I was given the impression that this rout was typically a 10 hr day and only until a in town rout was available. the truth was that most days ended up being 12 - 15 hr days with no assistance form management or other staff. short story is that there never was an in town rout and the rout I was on was way too heavy for one person and management kept adding to it.after numerous attempts to improve the working conditions and appealing to management to adjust the rout where fruitless so I thought it best to resign and find better employment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hard hours away from home.
Managemant
Asst .Production Manager (Former Employee) –  8631 Stadium Rd13 August 2015
Upper Management does not stand behind you or stand up for the staff. Would rather fire you and hire new people.The staff are out standing people and would give there right arm for you.
Pros
Nice employees to work with.
Cons
Upper Managament not so great to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Linen & Uniform Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8