Safety Advisor Required
Canadian Hydrovac Ltd. is currently seeking a local Site Safety Advisor to add to our rapidly growing team. Offering competitive wages, benefits, a supportive team environment, and a safety culture that is second to none, this growing Company is the place to be.
- Minimum 2 years field experience in either a Safety role or trade.
- NCSO, or other designation is an asset, however candidates with the appropriate experience that are working toward a designation will be accepted as well.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Word & Excel.
General Job Description
1. Ensure compliance of:
- OH&S/WCB Rules and Regulations;
- WCB reporting
- Training Requirements
- Transportation Regulations;
- Company Policies and Codes of Practice;
- Incident and Accident Requirements;
- Client Safety Rules, Policies, and Codes of Practice;
- Toolbox Talks, Work Procedures, Personal Protective Equipment; and,
- Employee Safety Awareness.
2. Prepare and conduct toolbox meetings
3. Conduct, assist and/or guide, as required, Incident Reports & Investigations.
4. Assist and/or guide in event prevention and investigation of downgrading events.
5. Investigate employee safety concerns and make recommendations to Supervisors and Management.
6. Conduct New Hire Orientations.
7. Assist management with the maintaining accurate and current training requirements and records for all employees under their assigned Division. Arrange necessary training when required.
8. Assist with the company’s Medical Surveillance Policy to ensure compliance with the Substance Abuse Code of Practice, Medical Monitoring such as, Audiograms, Quantitative Fit Tests, etc.
9. Perform and provide feedback on Site Inspections, Safety Observations and Coach Employees for improvement when needed.
10. Review and provide feedback on FLRA’s.
11. Order Safety supplies and coveralls
12. Book client orientations
13. Auditing Paperwork