Canadian Forces

Canadian Forces Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lots of Opportunity to Grow
Logistics Officer Air Force (Former Employee), CanadaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: lots of room for advancements
Cons: some long hours...
Great opportunity to find out more about yourself and push yourself to do things you would never have envisioned. Lots of courses and opportunities to advance up the ranks. Salary is not as high as in the private sector but your expenses are far less so it works out. Some long days, but a lot of down time as well. Friends become like family very fast... – more... Lots of choice with regards to what you can do the sky is the limit! Go Air Force! – less
drive and work ethics
bomber (Former Employee), canadaAugust 2, 2014
i recommend anyone have trouble figuring out what they want to do in life to take this route for two years!
Worked from home
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Trenton ONJuly 30, 2014
Pros: fun job
A friend of mine asked me to help him create buttons and pages for Microsoft Access to create interactive layouts for the engineers at work.
Proud Member of the Canadian Forces
Intelligence Operator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 29, 2014
An excellent government entity to work for.

The Canadian Forces is dedicated to ensuring the security of Canada.

The entity has a long and proud history.

It is an honour to be a member of this organization.

The details of the job should generally be kept private.
Combat Engineer Position
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Wainwright ABJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed the training and challenges in the military. Learned 15 different type of vehicles, and multiple courses.
Great Organization
member of the Joint Task Force (Current Employee), Around the WorldJuly 16, 2014
I have gained great experiences and skill sets through the Canadian Armed Forces. I have been working for them for over 5 years now. I am a qualified Marine Engineer as well as a Rescue Swimmer and a Diver.
R.C.N
NCI-OP (Former Employee), Halifax,N.SJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great job security, great benefits and job perks/vacation time. pay scale, room for promotion.
Cons: stressful, organizational difficiencies, not enough adequate/responsible supervision
Work from 7:30 until 15:45 daily monday to friday. Duty watches 1-15(one every fifteen days weekends included). Duty watches consist of one 12 hour watch with a 15 min break for lunch and supper. Or two 6 hour watches with one 10 min break. I've learned security maintaining skills, firefighting as well. Hardest part of the job for me was being away – more... from family, various stressors incuding: co-workers gossip, personality clashes/conflict. Inconsistent organization from management and co-workers was constant due to posting in and out of personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experiences, sailing around to different parts of the world. Foreign ports were a lot of fun. Hanging out/ working alongside the many friends I had made along the way. Time off was also a bonus. – less
Excellent Career Experience
Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 10, 2014
Serving over 10 years within the Canadian Armed Forces I have been given opportunities and experiences that most people could only dream about. I have sailed the world. I have had the chance to learn many skills on a frequent basis, and best of all, I was able to utilize each skill that I have been trained in.
Rewarding times
Senior Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Esquimalt, bcJuly 9, 2014
Pros: see the world
Cons: extendended time away from home, 6-8 months at a time
I enjoyed the time that I spent in the Royal Canadian Navy for the last 23 years. It did have challenging times as well as times of great happiness. I retired on my on terms when I felt it was right for myself.
good place to work good surroundings and great people
Cpl (Corporal) (Current Employee), Petawawa, ONJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great training traveling
Cons: away from home at long periods
Being in the Canadian armed forces infantry was amazing. It was like being apart of a brotherhood with tuff love. the hardest part of the job were the "gut checks" witch means to do something so hard it made you want to quit... but when you didn't quit it was an achievement. the most enjoyable part of the job to me was get dirty and those hard days – more... because it reminded me that I was actually earning my pay. The typical day at work was, in the morning we would start off with PT (physical training) and then after such we would do maintenance on all the gear or we would head out to the field to do some drills and shooting at the range. – less
Excellent
Administrator / Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee), CFB BordenJuly 7, 2014
Not just a job, it's a life style. Depending on your specific job, you can move all over the world andwork in places no one else will be able to.
Excellent salary and benefits, very secure job and guaranteed advancement
Weapons Engineering Technician (NAVY) (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 3, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: long periods from home, frustrating politics.
The Canadian Forces is great for the right person. While salary and benefits were excellent and guaranteed there was a level of mismanagement at the governmental level that made me personally decide to leave. You can also expect long periods away from home which is a positive and negative at the same time.
Rigorous and tireless work
Rifleman/Reservist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2014
Pros: free meals
A typical day of training consists of numerous practical and tactical training. I would gain an extensive amount of teamwork and communication skills in a high-paced environment. I would learn about leadership skills as well executing direct order form my superiors. Keeping a relentless attitude towards completing an objective, I continued to maintain – more... attention to detail and enhanced my combat skills. – less
Exciting and fulfilling career
Senior Leadership Instructor and manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 1, 2014
A rewarding career with vast opportunities to expand your career and skills.
Positive learning environment
Supply Technician (Former Employee), OntarioJune 15, 2014
The Canadian Forces provides training and work experiences to learn your trade, be an valued team member and become an effective leader.
Best job out there, if you can do it
Second Lieutenant, Infantry (Former Employee), Gagetown, NBJune 14, 2014
Pros: respect, satisfaction, personal and professional growth
Cons: injury, stress, tear gas
The military is the most challenging and rewarding job on the planet. Being able to make a real difference for society is awesome.
Loved the Army
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa, OnJune 12, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: pay
Overall a very rewarding job but you wont get rich doing it. You work hard and you play hard. Meet a lot of great people from all over the place
Fast Passed
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Sydney, NSJune 12, 2014
Was a great first job working part time as a truck driver in the Primary Reserves but now am seeking full time employment as a Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice.
Excellent opportunities for travel and career advancement
Unit Sergeant Major (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJune 9, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, travel and courses.
Cons: available 24 hours a day and gone at times for months
As an Administrator in a Senior Management position, my typical day deals with liaising with various people, promoting team building, reviewing and writing policies and procedures, budgets and man management from a HR perspective.
What I expected.
Infantry Private (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 31, 2014
It was the military i got what I was expecting. Marching. cleaning of gear and weapons. Fitness regiments.

About Canadian Forces

The Canadian Forces, officially the Canadian Armed Forces, is the unified armed force of Canada, as constituted by the National – Read more