Canadian Forces Employee Reviews in Canada

Military Service is exemplary
AVN Technician (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Everyone should spend time in the military. The best skills and disciplines I have learned in my life so far. I worked as an CF-18 Fighter jet technician and Skyhawks parachute demonstrator for 6 years.
Pros
Serving your country
Cons
May relocate often
Perserverance through hard work
Combat Engineer, Reserves (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 7, 2016
The military offers every chance for each individual to succeed at any given task, through mental and physical instruction, and hard work.
Great experience
Untrained private (Former Employee) –  Borden, ONMarch 13, 2016
Hard work, and great opportunity, the training was a challenge , but made me a better ,stronger person. They make sure you are will trained , and take care of their soldiers and there students
Gave me the skills to develop into the man I am today
Section Commander, Master Corporal (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 19, 2016
Since being sworn in, it has developed me into the man I am today. Given me skills and tools that transfered into the civilian world.
Challenging and Fullfilling Position
Detachment Sergeant Major (Current Employee) –  Oromocto, NBNovember 1, 2015
Each day posed numerous operational and personnel challenges. I learned many man management skills in resolving problems, personal conflicts and assigning the right person for the task. I was fortunate to have eager hardworking co-workers always willing to step up.
Pros
Job satisfaction, good rate of pay
Cons
Having to relocate frequently
Resource Management Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Petawawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Hours are usually 8-4 most days
I've learned a lot through my experiences
Team work is good
Hardest part of job is potentially being away from family
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Could be moved away
Could be better
Aerospace Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2015
The job brings great benefits in terms of dental and medical as well as posting allowances which help you relocate. The military is poorly run on many levels and the salary based on what we do is considerably low.
Pros
Good benefits, pension
Cons
Managed poorly and salary is not the greatest
edmonton
Telecommunications Technician (lineman) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 9, 2016
i work for the canadian forces for 9 years it was alright i guess i'm really just filling this in because i have too apparently
Enjoyable carrer with the forces.
United Nations Peace Keeping Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Aquired excellent skills from disciline to working as a part of a team.

Hardest part of the job would have been having to move at a moments notice.
Great place
Marine Engineer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 25, 2016
Was one of the best places to work except when you had to go on extended trips away from the family.

They have great benefit and do a lot of stuff with or for the family.
Pros
See great places
Cons
Miss family events
A soldier's life...
Soldier (rank - Master Corporal) (Former Employee) –  CanadaMay 18, 2016
I enjoyed my service to Canada, to review a 'company' such as the Canadian military is not possible in such a format as this.
working with todays youth
Cadet Instructor Cadre (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
It is a pleasure to work with the youth, growing their confidents, awareness of others and what it means to be a part of community.
Leadership skills are developed and pasted down to the new generation.
terrible
Marine Engineer (Former Employee) –  Esquimalt, BCFebruary 5, 2016
worst decision in my life ever , doctor left me disabled for life, forced to sail to Hawaii and mexico with a broken wrist. very disappointed with Canada and sad to call myself a proud canadian
team player
Aviation Technician (Current Employee) –  Gagetown, NBMay 29, 2016
The military is like a second family. People are very friendly. We work as a team helping each other. You learn how to fix aircrafts .
High pace enviroment. Much to learn in very little time.
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
From day one when you start boot camp you're on the ground running. A barrage of information is thrown at you at all times and you're expected to remember it and memorize it in an instant. Its very hard at first but after a few weeks you find it start to become easier and easier.

The classroom is just as intense as the physical side of the military. You'll be in a classroom learning and taking notes just as much as you'll be sleeping in a hole or crawling through mud.

Since the Canadian Forces is a volunteer force everyone there wants to be there. You'll make life long friends as you suffer together through the first grueling year of basic training courses.

There are many branches of the military and within those branches there are dozens of jobs which are crucial to its function. From a front line fighting infantrymen to the pencil pushing clerks. Everyone has a purpose and a reason within the big green machine. No one has a pointless job and everyone is crucial to the bigger picture in one way or another.
Great Employer
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 19, 2016
Depending on the tasking or course we could be working for 8 hours or 24 hours straight.

learned heavy equipment operation
Takes the right type of person
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
Yours to Discover. Good Security. You're a number, so get in line mentality. Proud to Serve. Good atmosphere. Professional. Maturing
Hard to Say
Armoured Crewman (Former Employee) –  Gagetown NBSeptember 27, 2015
Honestly, It was amazing while it lasted. Terrible if you have a girlfriend or wife but if you're single its the best.

I cant tell you what I learned, though can tell you that who you worked with and what you did were the best. Long hours, working with your new family was amazing. I loved putting on my uniform and going out to do my job. It was the best feeling I've ever had.
Pros
Rarely saw family
Cons
Everything else
I gave 20 odd yrs to CF, soon I'll be time to move on
NDT Technician (Current Employee) –  Alouette, QCSeptember 24, 2015
The Canadian forces have put bread on our table for a long time, pay was good, overall conditions were good too, my fellow co-workers are very dedicated and altruist, but as I age, It's more and more difficult to keep the pace with the ever growing need the canadian governement is asking us, military personnel, to keep.
Pros
25 days vacation/yr, training hours
Cons
postings are hard on family
6 year contract
Weapons Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 6, 2016
days varied with the routine at the time and the position you were posted to. not many days were spent doing the job in my title but some times that was good and others it wasn't

4.3