Canadian Forces Employee Reviews in Canada

Proudly serving Canadian Armed Forces
Governor General Foot Guards/Ceremonial Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
- Strong team ethic
- Clear and structured environment
- Lots of room for advancement
- Wide spectrum of training and skill building
- Pride of work
Pros
Being part of a proud and diverse history
Cons
Managing time within civilian life
High pace enviroment. Much to learn in very little time.
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
From day one when you start boot camp you're on the ground running. A barrage of information is thrown at you at all times and you're expected to remember it and memorize it in an instant. Its very hard at first but after a few weeks you find it start to become easier and easier.

The classroom is just as intense as the physical side of the military. You'll be in a classroom learning and taking notes just as much as you'll be sleeping in a hole or crawling through mud.

Since the Canadian Forces is a volunteer force everyone there wants to be there. You'll make life long friends as you suffer together through the first grueling year of basic training courses.

There are many branches of the military and within those branches there are dozens of jobs which are crucial to its function. From a front line fighting infantrymen to the pencil pushing clerks. Everyone has a purpose and a reason within the big green machine. No one has a pointless job and everyone is crucial to the bigger picture in one way or another.
Military Service is exemplary
AVN Technician (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJanuary 14, 2016
Everyone should spend time in the military. The best skills and disciplines I have learned in my life so far. I worked as an CF-18 Fighter jet technician and Skyhawks parachute demonstrator for 6 years.
Pros
Serving your country
Cons
May relocate often
A day in the life of the C.F.
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJanuary 13, 2016
We start our day with 2hrs of PT (phyisical training) which could consist of cross or circuit training, ruck march, or a sport ie: hockey, soccer, etc... then to work on what ever vehicle require maintenence. We would participate in field excersises working in every type of weather condition Canada has, for months at a time. Work environment was very challenging making us think outside the box. I enjoyed the teamwork and comroddery.
Pros
Hard work and personal development.
Cons
Unlimited Liability(can be ordered to do something which can get you killed)
6 year contract
Weapons Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 6, 2016
days varied with the routine at the time and the position you were posted to. not many days were spent doing the job in my title but some times that was good and others it wasn't
working with todays youth
Cadet Instructor Cadre (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
It is a pleasure to work with the youth, growing their confidents, awareness of others and what it means to be a part of community.
Leadership skills are developed and pasted down to the new generation.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Armament Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 2, 2016
A very high stress environment where deadlines and workloads are constantly changing providing a challenging atmosphere. Time at home is cherished by both the members and the management by having month long exercises living in a tent or less but also having more time off than a typical job.

A truly unique experience
Pros
Great benefits and long vacations
Cons
Unknown hours and time away from home
I love it a lot
Artillery Soldier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 27, 2015
The Canadian Armed Forces is the best career I have ever had. It's given me endless opportunities and I want to serve till the day I die.
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
Lack of serving members
Words cannot explain
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee) –  CanadaDecember 23, 2015
Words cannot possibly explain the benefits of the Canadian Forces, the people you meet, the things you do and places you see.

Stop reading and apply.
challenging fast paced enviroment
Recruit (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QCDecember 5, 2015
In basic training everything is a test.
this is not a job for everyone but if you have what it takes to make it through your career will be set
Loved the various jobs and moving around.
Chief Clerk, Sergeant (Former Employee) –  CanadaDecember 2, 2015
I loved the various jobs within the military. I got to see a lot of the world especially working for NATO. I loved protecting Canada.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
The military owns you 24/7.
Could be better
Aerospace Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2015
The job brings great benefits in terms of dental and medical as well as posting allowances which help you relocate. The military is poorly run on many levels and the salary based on what we do is considerably low.
Pros
Good benefits, pension
Cons
Managed poorly and salary is not the greatest
Military summary
Artillery Soldier (Former Employee) –  Shilo, MBNovember 25, 2015
refer to resume for an in depth description of the job role and other information can be discussed during an interview if required
great job
Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 20, 2015
travel the world and got a trade that is great.every one should try the navy to find out what youge poeple wouls like to do with thier life
Pros
Great job
Cons
not a one
Average
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2015
Average type of normal work. Standard level of physical fitness required to be successful. Company has many benefits for workers.
a day at work in the army
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2015
we get there in the morning and do pt..after pt we break into our sections. and devide up the work for the day. my co workers were awesome. the hardest part of the job is going awayfr ur family. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping someone in need
Excellent organization to build a career from
Imagery Technician and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canada and World wideNovember 4, 2015
I spent 37 years 7 months and 28 days in the Canadian Armed Forces and I would do it all over again if I could. I spent the first 9 years in the Army as a Field Engineer where I was involved in construction roads and bridges, destruction using demolitions, operating armoured vehicles and Combat diving. In 1987 I transferred to the Air force as an Imagery Technician where I provided imagery support and advice to senior commanders. I was involved in operations in the air, on land, on the water and underwater.
Pros
Job security
Challenging and Fullfilling Position
Detachment Sergeant Major (Current Employee) –  Oromocto, NBNovember 1, 2015
Each day posed numerous operational and personnel challenges. I learned many man management skills in resolving problems, personal conflicts and assigning the right person for the task. I was fortunate to have eager hardworking co-workers always willing to step up.
Pros
Job satisfaction, good rate of pay
Cons
Having to relocate frequently
Fun and hardworking
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Gagetown, NBOctober 26, 2015
Hard working job. Work around the clock. Demands a lot of dedication and perseverance. I learned a lot about military lifestyle and how to improve teamwork skills and leadership skills.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad leaders
It's fun
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONOctober 20, 2015
This is a great job for me and it make's me train hard to keep on improving myself to surpass myself from the training year before.

4.3