Canadian Forces Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
6 year contract
Weapons Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 6, 2016
days varied with the routine at the time and the position you were posted to. not many days were spent doing the job in my title but some times that was good and others it wasn't
working with todays youth
Cadet Instructor Cadre (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
It is a pleasure to work with the youth, growing their confidents, awareness of others and what it means to be a part of community.
Leadership skills are developed and pasted down to the new generation.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Armament Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: Great benefits and long vacations
Cons: Unknown hours and time away from home
A very high stress environment where deadlines and workloads are constantly changing providing a challenging atmosphere. Time at home is cherished by both the members and the management by having month long exercises living in a tent or less but also having more time off than a typical job.

A truly unique experience
I love it a lot
Artillery Soldier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 27, 2015
Pros: Work Experience
Cons: Lack of serving members
The Canadian Armed Forces is the best career I have ever had. It's given me endless opportunities and I want to serve till the day I die.
Words cannot explain
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 23, 2015
Words cannot possibly explain the benefits of the Canadian Forces, the people you meet, the things you do and places you see.

Stop reading and apply.
challenging fast paced enviroment
Recruit (Former Employee), Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QCDecember 5, 2015
In basic training everything is a test.
this is not a job for everyone but if you have what it takes to make it through your career will be set
Loved the various jobs and moving around.
Chief Clerk, Sergeant (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Travelling
Cons: The military owns you 24/7.
I loved the various jobs within the military. I got to see a lot of the world especially working for NATO. I loved protecting Canada.
Could be better
Aerospace Control Operator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, pension
Cons: Managed poorly and salary is not the greatest
The job brings great benefits in terms of dental and medical as well as posting allowances which help you relocate. The military is poorly run on many levels and the salary based on what we do is considerably low.
Military summary
Artillery Soldier (Former Employee), Shilo, MBNovember 25, 2015
refer to resume for an in depth description of the job role and other information can be discussed during an interview if required
great job
Marine Electrician (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Great job
Cons: not a one
travel the world and got a trade that is great.every one should try the navy to find out what youge poeple wouls like to do with thier life
Average
Medical Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2015
Average type of normal work. Standard level of physical fitness required to be successful. Company has many benefits for workers.
a day at work in the army
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2015
we get there in the morning and do pt..after pt we break into our sections. and devide up the work for the day. my co workers were awesome. the hardest part of the job is going awayfr ur family. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping someone in need
Excellent organization to build a career from
Imagery Technician and Supervisor (Former Employee), Canada and World wideNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Job security
I spent 37 years 7 months and 28 days in the Canadian Armed Forces and I would do it all over again if I could. I spent the first 9 years in the Army as a Field Engineer where I was involved in construction roads and bridges, destruction using demolitions, operating armoured vehicles and Combat diving. In 1987 I transferred to the Air force as an Imagery Technician where I provided imagery support and advice to senior commanders. I was involved in operations in the air, on land, on the water and underwater.
Challenging and Fullfilling Position
Detachment Sergeant Major (Current Employee), Oromocto, NBNovember 1, 2015
Pros: Job satisfaction, good rate of pay
Cons: Having to relocate frequently
Each day posed numerous operational and personnel challenges. I learned many man management skills in resolving problems, personal conflicts and assigning the right person for the task. I was fortunate to have eager hardworking co-workers always willing to step up.
Fun and hardworking
Soldier (Former Employee), Gagetown, NBOctober 26, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad leaders
Hard working job. Work around the clock. Demands a lot of dedication and perseverance. I learned a lot about military lifestyle and how to improve teamwork skills and leadership skills.
It's fun
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee), Welland, ONOctober 20, 2015
This is a great job for me and it make's me train hard to keep on improving myself to surpass myself from the training year before.
Secure and rewarding career.
Aircraft Technician (Current Employee), Borden, ONOctober 20, 2015
Wonderful place to work. The best part of the Canadian Forces is the opportunity to learn and advance. It is endless, they are constantly providing opportunities for its members to better themselves and their careers.
Fun work place, great oppertunity to progress
Armoured Crewman (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Pay, job security, advancement
Cons: Takes a toll on your body, mentally stressful
Love the job, just can't do it for 25+ years. Met some of the best people of my life there. Fantastic opportunities to travel.
Pushing yourself to your limits
Armoured Crewman (Former Employee), Oshawa ONOctober 19, 2015
A very different work environment that tests your boundaries. Strong connections with people, group cohesion built as well as opportunities given to show leadership.
spent 20 years there
Sonar Operator (Former Employee), veriedOctober 17, 2015
Loved the structure of the military loved the travel and the people I worked with and the travel. I miss the Constance learning new things and changing positions.