Canadian Forces

Canadian Forces Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Military summary
Artillery Soldier (Former Employee), Shilo, MBNovember 25, 2015
refer to resume for an in depth description of the job role and other information can be discussed during an interview if required
great job
Marine Electrician (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Great job
Cons: not a one
travel the world and got a trade that is great.every one should try the navy to find out what youge poeple wouls like to do with thier life
Average
Medical Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2015
Average type of normal work. Standard level of physical fitness required to be successful. Company has many benefits for workers.
a day at work in the army
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2015
we get there in the morning and do pt..after pt we break into our sections. and devide up the work for the day. my co workers were awesome. the hardest part of the job is going awayfr ur family. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping someone in need
Excellent organization to build a career from
Imagery Technician and Supervisor (Former Employee), Canada and World wideNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Job security
I spent 37 years 7 months and 28 days in the Canadian Armed Forces and I would do it all over again if I could. I spent the first 9 years in the Army as a Field Engineer where I was involved in construction roads and bridges, destruction using demolitions, operating armoured vehicles and Combat diving. In 1987 I transferred to the Air force as an Imagery Technician where I provided imagery support and advice to senior commanders. I was involved in operations in the air, on land, on the water and underwater.
Challenging and Fullfilling Position
Detachment Sergeant Major (Current Employee), Oromocto, NBNovember 1, 2015
Pros: Job satisfaction, good rate of pay
Cons: Having to relocate frequently
Each day posed numerous operational and personnel challenges. I learned many man management skills in resolving problems, personal conflicts and assigning the right person for the task. I was fortunate to have eager hardworking co-workers always willing to step up.
Fun and hardworking
Soldier (Former Employee), Gagetown, NBOctober 26, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad leaders
Hard working job. Work around the clock. Demands a lot of dedication and perseverance. I learned a lot about military lifestyle and how to improve teamwork skills and leadership skills.
It's fun
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee), Welland, ONOctober 20, 2015
This is a great job for me and it make's me train hard to keep on improving myself to surpass myself from the training year before.
Secure and rewarding career.
Aircraft Technician (Current Employee), Borden, ONOctober 20, 2015
Wonderful place to work. The best part of the Canadian Forces is the opportunity to learn and advance. It is endless, they are constantly providing opportunities for its members to better themselves and their careers.
Fun work place, great oppertunity to progress
Armoured Crewman (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Pay, job security, advancement
Cons: Takes a toll on your body, mentally stressful
Love the job, just can't do it for 25+ years. Met some of the best people of my life there. Fantastic opportunities to travel.
Pushing yourself to your limits
Armoured Crewman (Former Employee), Oshawa ONOctober 19, 2015
A very different work environment that tests your boundaries. Strong connections with people, group cohesion built as well as opportunities given to show leadership.
spent 20 years there
Sonar Operator (Former Employee), veriedOctober 17, 2015
Loved the structure of the military loved the travel and the people I worked with and the travel. I miss the Constance learning new things and changing positions.
Canadian Forces Review
Royal Canadian Naval Reserve Officer (Current Employee), Kingston, OntarioOctober 13, 2015
Pros: excellent training and care
Cons: can be long hours
The Canadian Armed Forces is an outstanding place to work. Daily my job is to manage people and process and to ensure the mission is completed to the highest quality
Challenging and Reward Job
Engineer Officer (Former Employee), Gagetown, NBOctober 9, 2015
Great place to work. Continuous challenges and opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Hardest part was long hours in harsh conditions with high stress.
Great work, but not for a family man
ATIS Tech (Former Employee), Greenwood, NSOctober 9, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, job security, benefits
Cons: Creates hardship on families
The work was great but with extreme lack of accommodation for family. Upper management saw only numbers, rather than people. There was definite possibility for advancement and the job security is unrivalled.
great
Automotive Vehicle Technician (Former Employee), Petawawa/KingstonOctober 6, 2015
I was a member of the Armed forces for over 11 years . I enjoyed every minute of it until injuries forced me to Retire. I had great co-workers whom I got along with great.
Good Work Place
2nd Lieutenant (Signals Officer) (Current Employee), KingstonOctober 4, 2015
Working for Canadian Forces means active learning and leadership prepration. you always have to ready and make sure your troops are ready to be deployed at the moments notice. Attention to details is crucial
great job
infantry (Former Employee), edmonton ,abOctober 1, 2015
Great job, get to travel a lot, and made great friends along the way. benefits are among the best in Canada, and the work days are always different
Hard to Say
Armoured Crewman (Former Employee), Gagetown NBSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: Rarely saw family
Cons: Everything else
Honestly, It was amazing while it lasted. Terrible if you have a girlfriend or wife but if you're single its the best.

I cant tell you what I learned, though can tell you that who you worked with and what you did were the best. Long hours, working with your new family was amazing. I loved putting on my uniform and going out to do my job. It was the best feeling I've ever had.
I gave 20 odd yrs to CF, soon I'll be time to move on
NDT Technician (Current Employee), Alouette, QCSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: 25 days vacation/yr, training hours
Cons: postings are hard on family
The Canadian forces have put bread on our table for a long time, pay was good, overall conditions were good too, my fellow co-workers are very dedicated and altruist, but as I age, It's more and more difficult to keep the pace with the ever growing need the canadian governement is asking us, military personnel, to keep.