Canadian Forces Employee Reviews in Canada

Gave me the skills to develop into the man I am today
Section Commander, Master Corporal (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 19, 2016
Since being sworn in, it has developed me into the man I am today. Given me skills and tools that transfered into the civilian world.
OHS Assistant
Occupational Health and Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 17, 2016
Great opportunity to be introduced to an work environment of military and civilian personnel
Variety of opportunities to:
Assisted in investigation and provided recommendations to avoid future incidents
Participated in Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings to address health issues and return to work procedures
Drafted a proposal and implemented the procedure for dealing with disposal of batteries
Created standard operating procedures for Safety Management Systems
Conducted routine inspections of work sites to ensure all health and safety protocols were being maintained and followed up with any areas of concern
Never Again
Armored Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2016
Cant Say anything about this particular job as it was working with the federal government and as such everything i did was classified.
Pros
Part of a family group mentality
Cons
Too much discipline and physical exercise everyday.
Work environment
Search and Rescue Technician (Former Employee) –  CanadaMarch 15, 2016
This work experience was very challenging. Working in various professional work environments provided me with unlimited networking and environmental atmospheres that required me to be versatile and open to a fast paste world.
Great experience
Untrained private (Former Employee) –  Borden, ONMarch 13, 2016
Hard work, and great opportunity, the training was a challenge , but made me a better ,stronger person. They make sure you are will trained , and take care of their soldiers and there students
met alot of new friends and like the moving around to different provinces
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 13, 2016
usually from 7:30am until 4pm unless you were on-call. Get in coveralls and pick up your work orders and start your job. Had gym/sports training 3 or 4 times a week. Learned to be a team player in the job and on sports teams. Never had to much to do with management if I could. Some of the best people in the world to work/play with. Whenever you or someone got posted and you had to leave your friends behind or if someone died. Meeting new friends and keeping in shape. All of the sports and extra activities that were available.
Pros
medical and dental benefits and family support.
Cons
sometimes long hrs and getting posted every 3 or so years leaving friends
Takes the right type of person
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
Yours to Discover. Good Security. You're a number, so get in line mentality. Proud to Serve. Good atmosphere. Professional. Maturing
Good place to work lots of fun
Armoured Soldier/ Crewman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2016
I would recommend the CF to anyone who has perseverance and who wants a change in their life.

Lots of benefits, medical dental. Free gym and personal fitness training.

Its like having access to anything you want but you have to live the military life and that can sometimes be a negative.

Lots of pros and cons but overall its worth a three year contract for sure.

I don't regret it one bit.

Thanks
Pros
oppertunity
Cons
must live where they tell you
Great work environment
Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ONFebruary 18, 2016
My career so far as a CF Firefighter has been fun and rewarding. I would suggest to anyone looking for an exciting career to apply.
Enjoyable carrer with the forces.
United Nations Peace Keeping Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Aquired excellent skills from disciline to working as a part of a team.

Hardest part of the job would have been having to move at a moments notice.
Adventure of a life time for a single person
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  CFB EsquimaltFebruary 11, 2016
This is a great way to create a story to tell later on in life, but should be only for single persons. CFB Edmonton is a great place to work, but the Navy is hard on the personal life.
Pros
Great pay and oppertunity to see the world
Cons
Zero sence of community as you are required to move at a moments notice
Resource Management Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Petawawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Hours are usually 8-4 most days
I've learned a lot through my experiences
Team work is good
Hardest part of job is potentially being away from family
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Could be moved away
Great life experience
Combat engineer, 31 combat Engineer Regiment (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONFebruary 9, 2016
The Canadian Forces is like no other job you can learn from in the country. The training and experience has prepared me for life and other jobs a way nothing else can.

I have learned everything from survival skills to combat knowledge. How to detect and disarm mines. How to build a bridge or navigate at night. How to use radio communication to call air support and medical evacuation.

The people you work with in the Army are extremely hard working and dedicated people. They are extremely serious and strict but look out for their fellow soldiers.

The hardest part of the job is the lack of sleep one encounters while still having to perform duties such as route searching, urban combat, observation point.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie you build with fellow members during your time in the forces.
Pros
Training and experience
Cons
long hours, very little sleep
terrible
Marine Engineer (Former Employee) –  Esquimalt, BCFebruary 5, 2016
worst decision in my life ever , doctor left me disabled for life, forced to sail to Hawaii and mexico with a broken wrist. very disappointed with Canada and sad to call myself a proud canadian
stable and pays well
Naval Weapons Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 29, 2016
a normal day is showing up dressed professionally and clean. Then doing technical work until 2:15 then you clean for an hour and go home.

you will be expected to stay late and possibly work through the weekend to complete work to make the ship operational.
Heres what I learned
Army Communication Information System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Heres what learned
Advance resolution skills to unforeseen problems
Maintain control of high stress situations and environments
Excel in motivating and communicating with team members
Perform task beyond physical limits until objectives are accomplished
Meaningful Work
Training Officer and Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Excellent for those wishing to engage with youth aged 12-19 in a variety of academic and field settings in a military environment.
Great place
Marine Engineer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 25, 2016
Was one of the best places to work except when you had to go on extended trips away from the family.

They have great benefit and do a lot of stuff with or for the family.
Pros
See great places
Cons
Miss family events
Served in the military
field engineer (Former Employee) –  Canada, Germany and YugoslaviaJanuary 25, 2016
I served in the military for 23 years of my life. I served my country as my father, grandfather, and my brother. I was willing to put my life on the line at any moment. I served oversea and spent 6 months in Yugo on U.N. Duty. My job the on U.N. Duty was to clear mines and booby trap devices. I would serve again if I could. Life was not easy at all times while I serve and did my best to do the job I did. The longest day that I worked was bridge building were we worked for 36 hr before we were aloud to sleep ( it was a great time ).
Alot different from the civilian work world.
Procurement and Contracting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Shilo, MBJanuary 20, 2016
The day starts with PT. I learned new soft skills as well as new hard skills.
Management is very good, just do your job and do as you are asked. For the most part I get along with everyone I have ever worked with, although I have worked with people who enjoy chatting more than working.
I enjoyed the challenges of the job.
Pros
Pay, benefits and leave
Cons
Alot of time away from home if training for a tour.

4.3