Canadian Forces

Canadian Forces Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Work Place
Private Trained (Gunner) (Former Employee), Shilo, MBApril 16, 2015
Pros: Lunch was 1hr and a half
Cons: working long hours in the field for 7 to 14 days straight.
We would start our day off at 0730hrs with physical training until about 0830hrs then we would get sent home to shower and change then back to work for usually 0900hrs or 0930hrs. Our day would consist of weapons and vehicle maintenance, cleaning our work area or doing drill practice which consist of either weapons or parade practice. We would go for lunch from 1130hrs to 1300hrs, then repeat our morning routines if necessary then our day would end at 1600hrs. Its a great work environment, with lots of driven people and a great chain of command. Work days were Monday to Friday with weekends off, unless we deployed to the field for a Regimental Exercise which usually goes from 7 to 14 days straight.
Very physically demanding, and meet a lot of new people of different backgrounds
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), CanadaApril 15, 2015
Pros: Cooked meals, awesome benefits, free gym, discounts at certain stores
Cons: long waiting periods to start training courses
After basic training I lived on a PAT platoon which is where you are put until your course trade starts. A normal day would be waking up at 6 am to start morning pt at 6:30 and then breakfast at 8:00 to sit in a classroom all day doing absolutely nothing, unless you had a tasking given to you. Lunch at 12:00 till 1:00 and back to the classroom. Then afternoon pt at 3:00 till 4:00 and the rest of the day was mine to do as pleased. When you are on a training course though, it is fun and a great experience. You meet a lot of unique people and learn to work with people even if you do not like them. Teamwork is everything. I learned how to transition into military life which is a culture shock, qualified as a soldier, and got to see different parts of Canada.
Artilleryman and Ammunition Technician
Ammunition Technician (Former Employee), accross countryApril 7, 2015
26 plus years of military service has given me a lot of experiences, both bad and good but overall there are way too many benefits to mention.
Surrounded by hardworking motivated individuals
Non Commissioned Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2015
Training in the garrison and the field, learn infantry tactics and weapons handling and maintenance. Surrounded by hardworking, motivated, team players.
Not your average part time job
Infantry Reservist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 2, 2015
great work environment
you learn numerous different things
you work with a lot of different people
management is always understanding
somewhat flexible hours
Interesting Place to Work
Section Commander (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
Currently I am primarily employed as an instructor and supervisor. I teach courses for the 32 CBG Battle School, and am a supervisor at my home unit (32 Signal Regiment).

On a typical day I am reviewing information regarding upcoming scheduled training, ensuring the administration is complete for the soldiers I am supervising, and ensuring all other aspects of the unit are functioning well.
A Life / Carreer in the Army is the best thing you could ever do for yourself !
Warrant Officer (Former Employee), All over Canada and EuropeApril 2, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
There is never a dull day when you're in the Army, and if there is it's always your boss' fault !

I served for 20 years and wouldn't have done anything different if I had the chance to do it all over again. Saw the world, learned to be a soldier and a leader. What more do you want ?
Interesting Carrier lots of travel
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Canada, Germany, Israel, UAE,March 29, 2015
Pros: medical dental health care
Cons: long hours and being away from family.
Managed coworkers to ensure tasks are completed.
office management
Dealing with problems and arguments between coworkers.
human resource hiring and evaluating term employees
organised training and carrier coursers for coworkers.
I enjoyed the travel to different countries.
Great training, everybody should experience it
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Really enjoyed time spent with the Military. Opportunity to travel and see parts of the world I otherwise would not have. I feel the training was second to none as it was not a production based outfit.
The pay and benefits are a bonus
Gunner (Artillery) (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: new friends
Cons: long hours
Great Benefits; Salary was good; Diverse people; Ever changing work place.Lifestyle can be hard on family unit with long periods of being away from family
Canadian Forces
SEARCH AND RESCUE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Comox, BCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Part of the military
Military provided a salary based career that allowed me to build life experience and travel around the world. It installed discipline and a regimented lifestyle, allowing me to discover possibilities I would never had know existed prior to my enlistment.
good
Armored Crew Man (Former Employee), Toronto ontarioMarch 20, 2015
i was a good job got to work with a good group of guys always a good time never had any complaints it was a job it wasnt always easy but thats work for you
Exciting and Challenging Career
Military Logistics Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2015
Opportunities to learn a trade or skill as well as develop as a person. Diversity of locations in which to employ/grow/develop your skills in garrisons or deployed on operations or training in Canada or around the world.
Fun, Rewarding
Commanding Officer/CIC Officer- Captain (Current Employee), London and Local areaMarch 17, 2015
Meet lots of new people.
Leadership
Time Management
and Healthy Lifestyles.
Endless career opportunity.
Sense of Pride and Self Esteem
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours in the cold weather
One thing that I love about my job is that I learn something different everyday, and everyday I am doing something different. My job also involves some traveling. The employees and management are all motivated and want to be there. I am appropriated for what I do
nice workplace
Non-Public Fund Accounting Clerk (Full-time) (Current Employee), Shilo, MBMarch 2, 2015
routine work, new ERP is coming, more efficient work on hand
Far from city, Commuting is a problem during the winter time.
No Life like it.
Supply Technician / Postal Clerk (Current Employee), CFB EdmontonFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: job security, adventure, never the same day.
Cons: away from home a lot, never knowing when your going to be called in, on call 24/7 with no overtime.
There is no such things as a typical day in the Army. Everyday brings new adventure and bigger challenges. You learn to adapt, improvise and over come any and all obstacles. You get the job done with results even if your given little to know information or tools.
Management has been the best of both worlds, I've had some great supervisors who you don't mind going above and beyond for and then I've had some well you do what is expected from you but always get the job done. The important thing is to learn from everyone and take what you need to progress in your own career.
My co-workers have been nothing shy of the best, they stand beside you in good times and bad times, they are always easy to come to work and know one of them is going to make your day better.
The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of not knowing what is coming up in your future and last minute taskings that take you away from your life outside of work at drop of the hat, putting you in rough conditions with little comforts.
The most enjoyable part of te job has been knowing that with all the hard work, you're making a difference in the lives of others.
Warehouse Management
Supply Technician (Former Employee), canadaFebruary 26, 2015
Warehousing Management: Highly accomplished managerial professional with nearly 15 years of experience leading fulfilment operations, transportation logistics, warehousing and producing scheduling. Organizer and planner with the demonstrated ability to implement effective process controls and improvement initiatives. Staff manager highly effective at training and counselling to improve performance. Fully versed in occupational health and workplace safety.
Steady and Diverse environemt
Audio/Video/Secure/Line Section Manager (Former Employee), North Bay, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: pensions, good benefits, good pay
Cons: continually relocating
Very good career. Varied and challenging assignments. Ample opportunity for varied employment tasks and locations.
Interesting
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Suffield, ABFebruary 13, 2015
My long career in the military has allowed me to see and do many different and unique things. I have been around the world and trained to do things the average person has never done.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Forces

The Canadian Forces, officially the Canadian Armed Forces, is the unified armed force of Canada, as constituted by the National – Read more