Canadian Forces

Canadian Forces Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
traveling the world serving my country has been a great expirence
Navel Weapons Tech and Fire Control Tech (Current Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: seeing the world for free
Cons: 300+ days away from home most years
During my 11 years in the Canadian Forces I have been to 15 countries and over 100 cities in those countries. this has given me the ideal that Canada is the best place to live from the places I have been. It is time for me to move on, I am finding it harder to keep the same sailing schedule and see my children more. Having a fly in fly out job will – more... allow me to spend more time with my kids. – less
Excellent
Armored Crewman (Former Employee), Gagetown New BrunswickNovember 14, 2014
Great career, great people and a great chance to make something out of yourself even with minimum education. Would recommend to anyone who wants a change of life and to see the world, as well as learn a trade on the governments payroll.
Basic Military Qualification
Basic Training (Former Employee), Gagetown, NBNovember 13, 2014
Pros: comradship
Cons: long hours
Fast paced, professional enviroment. I've acquired navigational skills, rifle handling, biological, chemical and nuclear defence, first aid knowledge, drill, and time management.
Overall a Great Experience
Armoured Crewmen (Current Employee), Petawawa, ONNovember 11, 2014
During my time with the CAF, I had the privilege of receiving some of the best training in the world.

I would recommend the experience to anybody seeking a challenge
Life experience
Private then Corporal (Former Employee), Sherbrooke, QCNovember 7, 2014
There is honestly no other place where you will make such memories, friends and learn about yourself
Productive and full of experiences that are enjoyable
Mechanic/Shop Supervisor (Current Employee), Comox, BCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: the ability to run my own section, benefits and pension
Cons: cost of living versus the salary
A typical day of work would start with 1 hour of physical exercise. After this we would move into working on vehicles, organizing workloads and ordering parts. The management above me was very observant and would take recommendations on how to improve work safety and how to decrease downtime of a vehicle. We would have weekly meetings to discuss all – more... of these points and give updates. My co-workers were dedicated to getting the jobs completed in a safe and timely manner. The hardest part of the job was being deployed to the field and waiting on parts to arrive but this was usually the funnest time as you did other things to allow an individual grow into a leader. – less
Mechanic
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Victoria BCNovember 4, 2014
I was a mechanic, and learned many skills I still use to this day, working on motorcycles, and vehicles of all types.
It is, what it is.
Corporal - Tank Crewman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2014
Pros: paid time off in the summer and winter
Cons: away from home
Most of the people you work with are like family. Unfortunately the pay isn't great for your commitment to training and the field. Family life was great when home, but I was away for most of the year on training.
A great environment to learn and grow, as a job with the Canadian Forces will test every aspect of one's character.
Combat engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2014
Pros: fun environment.
Cons: freedom is especially limited, one has no say in their schedule regarding vacation days or even weekends.
My job as a Combat Engineer has been a great experience as I have learned many skills. The army is a great to refine one's work ethic as the pressures and challenges in this environment are increased during operations. I have learned a lot and recommend a job with the army to anyone wishing to grow in the areas of patience, accountability and integrity. – more... The Army reaffirms a sense of duty in one's self. – less
A competitive and often stressful workplace
Combat Engineer, Canadian Forces Bases (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good annual vacation time and great benefits..
Cons: long hours - up to forty-eight hours without sleep on occasion.
The Edmonton Journal said the Royal Canadian Combat Engineers have the most dangerous job in the CF. It is because of all the carnage that I witnessed over the past twenty years that I decided to go into environment, health and safety to make a change in the World. I have always been self-motivated and am constantly upgrading myself.
DND is an experience that I'll never forget.
HULL TECHNICIAN -MASTER SEAMAN (Current Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: i see my accomplishments for years to come.
Cons: the military has become more of a political place to work.
As of right now my daily job consists of researching for new ways of conducting my Units routines and safety practices in a more efficient manner.
Job security and an ever changing work environment
Ships Logistics Officer (Current Employee), Esquimalt BCOctober 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free transport when on duty, moving costs covered, full medical benefits, free uniform and reimbursement for items bought for duty purpose, 20 days plus vacation per year, great salaries, job stability
Cons: frequent geographical moves, long absences from family, dangerous life threatening working environment, stressful, austere working conditions
The Canadian Armed Forces is a good organization. It provides excellent benefit package for its employees including a multitude of social support services.
Good
Instructor/Overseas Deployment (Current Employee), Woodstock, NBOctober 11, 2014
Good place to work and earn experience.............................................................................................................................................................
Productive work place with lots of opportunity for learning
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 9, 2014
Pros: travel, world and life experience
Cons: time away from family
A typical day starts with any faults or deficiencies which may require the attention of a technician. If there are no deficiencies we carry on with Plan Maintenance on each piece of equipment on our ship.
I entered the Navy as a Red Seal construction / Commercial electrician and have learned more Industrial electrical skills.
Management in the Armed – more... Forces is all about rank structure, information is passed up and down the ranks so that all individuals are informed on up coming and on going jobs.
As a Sailor your co-workers are more then just co-workers. You are a team who looks after one another, when you are at sea all you have is each other for any type of emergency.
The hardest part of the job would be long deployments, 3 or 4 and up to 8 months long.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie and the relationships you build. – less
Great job to push you to your limits, and farther.
39 Combat Engineer Regiment (Former Employee), Trail, BCOctober 8, 2014
Being a member of the Canadian Forces has been a very challenging, and rewarding experience for me.
Amazing experience
Canadian Forces (Former Employee), Oromocto, NBOctober 6, 2014
Pros: amazing community, great salary
Cons: no cons
learn to become a professional and reliable worker, became a leader of 60 person troop. learned about multiple military vehicles.
Excellent
Infantrymen (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 2, 2014
Pros: being able to be proud of what you do
Hardworking and lots of exercise
A large verity of Knowledge to be gained
Excellent Staff
Amazing Friends
Maintaining Constant Awareness with lack of sleep and food as well as dealing with Fatigue
Rewarding knowing I'm making Canada a better place
Best Experience
Combat Engineer (Military Service) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Best experience in one's life. It is what made me a man from a boy. There are a lot of teamwork for the job.
High tempo workplace.
Support Troop Sergeant Major (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits.
Cons: working away from home.
Coordinating all support requirements for the unit. Constantly working with and mentoring section heads in order to improve processes. The best part of the job was interacting with all the soldiers. The hardest part of the job was probably the ever changing priorities and ensuring we aligned our support in order to successfully achieve them.
A different line of work
Resource Management Support Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: career advancement, pay, benefits, support
Cons: moving, can be dangerous
Great career opportunity for anyone.
They will take you from zero to hero (literally) as they provide tons of training and extra curricular.
Not for everyone, but everyone should enjoy the experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Forces

The Canadian Forces, officially the Canadian Armed Forces, is the unified armed force of Canada, as constituted by the National – Read more