Canadian Forces

Canadian Forces Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good meaningful job
Canadian Forces officer. (Former Employee), VariousSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: the pride and satisfaction of doing challenging and meaningful work.
Cons: work/life balance sometimes hard to achieve. some supervisors promoted too soon.
You are trained to a very high standard and get to do work in different countries which is both challenging, gratifying and meaningful.

Most members are very proud of their accomplishments in the CF and develop lifelong friendships with others who have served with them on these different missions and deployments, some of which involve a real element – more... of danger.

If you want to make a difference, join. Otherwise play it safe in your office cubicle. – less
An experience like no other
corporal (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2014
The work place was like having an extended family that were always there for each other through all facets of the job and environment. Sometimes it would be intense depending on certain tasks that needed to be fulfilled.However,it was comforting to know you were not alone and that everyone was also in the same circumstances.
We had each others back.
fast paced
infanteer (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 3, 2014
always different, management is usually qualified beyond expectations and very professional
Fast paced, long hours. stressful environments
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee), Petawawa ONSeptember 2, 2014
Inspect, repair, overhaul, and modify all types of automotive equipment and related components. Train and supervise new members during their OJT.
Didn't suit me at all
Recruit (Former Employee), Saint-hubert, QCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: sense of cooperation
Cons: too much pressure (physical and mental)
I think I wasn't mentally ready for this, neither physically.
no life like it
Building Manger (Former Employee), Edmonton ABAugust 26, 2014
love my job but looking for a new change
Tell us about:
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Very strong racist beliefs within the higher ranks!
Serviceman (Former Employee), CFB EsquimaltAugust 23, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: it huge culture of racial profiling and racial discrimination.
Rapidly discrimination at it's fullest! I was born in Iran. Although I left Iran at a very young age, and have never returned, I was subjected to huge amount of racial profiling and discrimination.

The forces would not allow me to stay employed with them because they would not give me the necessary security clearance required for my position! The only – more... reason why they would not give me my security clearance was, because I have distant relatives who still live in Iran! It made no difference for them that I am a Canadian citizen, and I left Iran at a very young age, and have never returned back to that country! – less
loved the teamwork
Marine engineer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 21, 2014
Pros: travel and meeting new people
Cons: away from loved ones at a young age
A day included working with my peers and learning new things. Challenging myself and my skillset daily. Continually honing my trade and learning to work well as a team was fulfilling. The most difficult task was always the most fulfilling aspect of my job.
Great Place To Learn And Try New Things
Land Communication Information System Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2014
Pros: rrsp contribution
Cons: more than 9 months of the year away from home.
The Canadian Forces environment on a day to day basis was more than rewarding. Going in to work every morning was a thrill. I was able to learn new things from so many different people and from all different aspects of telecommunication equipment. With new devices and technology constantly surfacing it was a privilege to have first hands on what was – more... new and upcoming.

Family time or having a personal life however was nearly impossible.Although the salary and benefits are quite exceptional, it cannot replace the time away from loved ones. – less
Membership has it's adventures
Soldier, Traffic Technician, Cook, Boarding Party (Former Employee), Canada and the WORLDAugust 18, 2014
Pros: play hard
Cons: it doesn't last forever
There is something for everyone in the CF. I loved the adventure.
Travel the world for free. Getting paid to do what you love seems unfair.
The CF isn't for everyone, but everyone should try.
Armoured Recce crew men (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 18, 2014
Pros: skills
Cons: management
Working for the Canadian Forces is not a slack off job, it requires dedication and a high amount of mental endurance. For those that can it makes you stronger and the people you work with you can count on. I have learned a lot and continue to learn more as I start to become more of a leader.
Canadian Forces
Ordinary Seaman (Former Employee), St Jean, QuebecAugust 18, 2014
Pros: ready cooked meals
Cons: dangerous
What you learned.

I have learned teamwork and met many other soldiers from the CF and worked along side them. Some great others not so great.
Lots of Opportunity to Grow
Logistics Officer Air Force (Former Employee), CanadaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: lots of room for advancements
Cons: some long hours...
Great opportunity to find out more about yourself and push yourself to do things you would never have envisioned. Lots of courses and opportunities to advance up the ranks. Salary is not as high as in the private sector but your expenses are far less so it works out. Some long days, but a lot of down time as well. Friends become like family very fast... – more... Lots of choice with regards to what you can do the sky is the limit! Go Air Force! – less
drive and work ethics
bomber (Former Employee), canadaAugust 2, 2014
i recommend anyone have trouble figuring out what they want to do in life to take this route for two years!
Worked from home
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Trenton ONJuly 30, 2014
Pros: fun job
A friend of mine asked me to help him create buttons and pages for Microsoft Access to create interactive layouts for the engineers at work.
Proud Member of the Canadian Forces
Intelligence Operator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 29, 2014
An excellent government entity to work for.

The Canadian Forces is dedicated to ensuring the security of Canada.

The entity has a long and proud history.

It is an honour to be a member of this organization.

The details of the job should generally be kept private.
Combat Engineer Position
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Wainwright ABJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed the training and challenges in the military. Learned 15 different type of vehicles, and multiple courses.
Great Organization
member of the Joint Task Force (Current Employee), Around the WorldJuly 16, 2014
I have gained great experiences and skill sets through the Canadian Armed Forces. I have been working for them for over 5 years now. I am a qualified Marine Engineer as well as a Rescue Swimmer and a Diver.
R.C.N
NCI-OP (Former Employee), Halifax,N.SJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great job security, great benefits and job perks/vacation time. pay scale, room for promotion.
Cons: stressful, organizational difficiencies, not enough adequate/responsible supervision
Work from 7:30 until 15:45 daily monday to friday. Duty watches 1-15(one every fifteen days weekends included). Duty watches consist of one 12 hour watch with a 15 min break for lunch and supper. Or two 6 hour watches with one 10 min break. I've learned security maintaining skills, firefighting as well. Hardest part of the job for me was being away – more... from family, various stressors incuding: co-workers gossip, personality clashes/conflict. Inconsistent organization from management and co-workers was constant due to posting in and out of personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experiences, sailing around to different parts of the world. Foreign ports were a lot of fun. Hanging out/ working alongside the many friends I had made along the way. Time off was also a bonus. – less
Excellent Career Experience
Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 10, 2014
Serving over 10 years within the Canadian Armed Forces I have been given opportunities and experiences that most people could only dream about. I have sailed the world. I have had the chance to learn many skills on a frequent basis, and best of all, I was able to utilize each skill that I have been trained in.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Forces

The Canadian Forces, officially the Canadian Armed Forces, is the unified armed force of Canada, as constituted by the National – Read more

Canadian Forces Photos