Canadian Forces Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work place with everyday being different then the day before.
Artillery Soldier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Great place to work, family like atmosphere. Everyday is a new day to learn something new about the military or the trade you have been placed in.
Did not use civilian edducation
MECHANIC/WELDER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 30, 2016
Pros: Good peer group
Cons: frustrating
Unless the army taught you, you were not doing it right. They should be open to civilian training. I found it frustrating to be trained by people that knew nothing about the trade.
A workplace where you can appply your skills and knowlege to making a real difference.
Instructor and e-Learning Facilitator (Current Employee), Borden, ONApril 29, 2016
Excellent job, great co-workers and skills that are transportable to my civilian occupation. Allows me to use my education and civilian background as a Reservist in the CAF.
I needed a change
Soldier in Training (Former Employee), Borden, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: great pay
I joined the military for job security. It was fun and difficult at first and took a while for me to choose a career that was right for me. In the end I finished my four year contract and decided not to resign
Great Employer
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 19, 2016
Depending on the tasking or course we could be working for 8 hours or 24 hours straight.

learned heavy equipment operation
Productive Job, Great people, FAMILY
Casualty Management Officer (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 19, 2016
Pros: Great people, rewarding job
Cons: None
I enrolled in the Canadian Forces (CF) back in 1989 and have loved every minute of it. I got to meet great people, travel, play sports and have a career.

Over my time in the CF, I have learned to appreciate the things that we as Canadians take for granted: running water, electricity, transportation, communication devices. As being part of an Observation Force Team, I have gone to countries that are war torn, and do not have the luxuries and programs that we as Canadians have.
Challenging Rewarding
Administration Specialist (Former Employee), Borden, ONApril 18, 2016
Best part about military service is the people you meet and work with. Worst part is the time spent away from family. Every day there is a new learning experience or task.
Amazing workplace but not for all
Non Commissioned Member (Pte) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 13, 2016
Pros: Great bonds
Cons: Great deal of change required
Unlike many other jobs for students this one requires a huge personal commitment and set of mind that is not present in other jobs. I loved my time their but found that I was not suited for the military life style that is found in the reserves.
Working with the ill and injured soldiers of the CAF
Section Commander to the ill and injured soldiers (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONApril 12, 2016
Pros: Seeing an ill and injured soldier return to his unit on full active duty.
Cons: Change of policies which affected the termination of my employment.
Professionally work with the ill and injured soldiers of the CAF and assisted with their daily administration while managing their expectations with the CAF.
I learned that with compassion and dedication one can assist some of the most injured members of our society.
The immediate management were some of the best supervisors I have ever worked for.
My co-workers were amazing and we continuously communicated and brainstormed various options to assist our clients.
The hardest part of the job was working with ill and injured soldiers that had suicidal tendencies.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting and observing ill and injured soldiers with suicidal tendencies overcome their illness and proceeding to have successfully lives to date.
Excellent work environment
Lieutenant, Fire Chief, Edmonton Garrison (Former Employee), CanadaApril 6, 2016
Pros: Job security
Cons: Deployments
An amazing career with no regrets. Many different opportunities and great travel opportunities.
Educational opportunities and career advancement are abundant.
Resource Management Support Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: long hours and movement on a moments notice
Has given a vast knowledge of the HR world and transferable skill set to the civilian workforce, and great financial stability.
Excellent benefits, very rewarding
Resource Management Support (RMS) Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Benefits, Pay, Comraderie
Cons: Pressure, little control over work placements
Incredibly rewarding career with great benefits and unending possibilities for personal and professional growth. The most difficult part is sometimes having to leave family behind, but the "new family" you have within the military is an amazing and unique bond that lasts for life.
infantry
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBMarch 28, 2016
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
my time in the army was great i enjoyed all the experiences and the traveling and all the cool things you get to do but its a goood mix of suck and fun. in the end i enjoyed my time there
High Pace, Constantly Changing Priorities, Satisfying, Comradeship
G4/6 - Officer - logistics, communications/IT (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 25, 2016
There were no typical days as every day brought new challenges along with those that remained from previous days. I learned coordination with outside agencies must be constantly monitored. Although the management in the group was continuously changing, I easily adapted and with our combined knowledge, we made a great team. The comradeship with all the personnel including the civilians was fantastic, as everyone cared for each other. I found the hardest part of the job was the inability to provide the needed equipment to our personnel due to budget constraints beyond our control. The most satisfying part of the job was coming to work each day knowing that I was going to resolve some issues and help someone or group of personnel accomplish their mission.
CAF Review
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
This isn't a job for everyone.It puts alot of pressure and strain on individuals, and leaves some handling it better than others.
Amazing experience
Master Corporal (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Training. Friendships. Aventure
Cons: Too long away from home.
This job varied from day to day, yet could still be repetitive enough to predictable. Any given day you could be tasked to go somewhere, do something that could take you away from home for a night to months. I learned and was expected to be flexible, adaptive and work with little information to having all the information and yet still be flexible to adjust for those blind sided changes. Always had a support system through co-workers, some people did not adjust well to military way of life and it showed. Others and the majority embraced the life style. Bonds of friendships were made and will never be forgotten. Difficult times were spending months away in harsh conditions, yet still brought moments to cherish.
Excelent place of employment
Watch Officer - Joint Operations Centre (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Great healthcare plan and pension
Cons: shift work, lots of travelling
I have learned a lot over my 30+year career, I would recommend the military to anyone. I have no regrets and I want to take my skills learned and pass it on to the local Workforce here in Edmonton.
Gave me the skills to develop into the man I am today
Section Commander, Master Corporal (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 19, 2016
Since being sworn in, it has developed me into the man I am today. Given me skills and tools that transfered into the civilian world.
OHS Assistant
Occupational Health and Safety Assistant (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 17, 2016
Great opportunity to be introduced to an work environment of military and civilian personnel
Variety of opportunities to:
Assisted in investigation and provided recommendations to avoid future incidents
Participated in Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings to address health issues and return to work procedures
Drafted a proposal and implemented the procedure for dealing with disposal of batteries
Created standard operating procedures for Safety Management Systems
Conducted routine inspections of work sites to ensure all health and safety protocols were being maintained and followed up with any areas of concern
Never Again
Armored Crew Member (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Part of a family group mentality
Cons: Too much discipline and physical exercise everyday.
Cant Say anything about this particular job as it was working with the federal government and as such everything i did was classified.