Canadian Forces

Canadian Forces Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Steady and Diverse environemt
Audio/Video/Secure/Line Section Manager (Former Employee), North Bay, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: pensions, good benefits, good pay
Cons: continually relocating
Very good career. Varied and challenging assignments. Ample opportunity for varied employment tasks and locations.
Interesting
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Suffield, ABFebruary 13, 2015
My long career in the military has allowed me to see and do many different and unique things. I have been around the world and trained to do things the average person has never done.
Diverse experience which no longer offers the opportunities I seek.
squadon quarter master, second in command (Current Employee), Toronto, onFebruary 13, 2015
Working for the CF for the passed 11 years has offered me a diverse experience. Many of my positions were uninspiring, others were more so, demanding more of my attention and offering a very rewarding experience in exchange.
Great Job
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee), Wainwright, ABFebruary 10, 2015
Loved it. No two days were exactly the same. Great team environment and Always learning something new. Great way to meet people from all walks of life from all over the country.
Vinces Market
Active Member of the Canadian Reserves (Current Employee), Sharon Ontario.February 8, 2015
Highschool job, was great, close to home, made lots of friends. Well managed location, and treated all foods with care. I enjoyed working here.
fast pace enviroment
Driver (Former Employee), brockville ONFebruary 3, 2015
the Canadian forces is a government job with lots of opportunities to rise through the ranks and become a better person.
Excellent job, great benefits
Chief Clerk (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: travelling involved, working some weekends and week nights
Typical day at work includes approving pay, supervising 4 other clerks, doing reports for headquarters, keeping Commanding Officer informed of all activities and ensuring that all deadlines are met. I have learned just about everything I know administratively from this job and also have held a leadership role in my day to day activities. I have always had a great working relationship with my coworkers whether they were my subordinates, peers or supervisors. The hardest part of my job was moving from one position to another position within the Canadian Forces which sometimes included moving to a different city. My most enjoyable part of my job with the Canadian Forces was learning different jobs and meeting new people.
Bad Culture for Work/Life Balance
Reserve Support Staff Officer (Current Employee), EdmontonJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: work/life balance
Being posted across Canada every 4 years or so seems fun when you're young. But it quickly gets very old.
Get place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: paid vacation. free days off.
Cons: war.
The training is awesome. I think everyone should do 3 years of the Canadian Forces to get the great experience and lifestyle. It gives you a greater sense of responsibility.
very rewarding job with great potential
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: knowing i'm making a difference
Cons: at times stressfull
A typical day for me starts on (weekends) at 5am followed by 45 minute Physical fitness , after breakfast I have a full day of training and test /exams to study for,
high pace very demanding not much down time learn many new things in a fast amount of time
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Gagetown, NBJanuary 6, 2015
Combat Engineers
Unit Operations Warrant Officer (Current Employee), Canadian Division Training Center WainwrightDecember 30, 2014
Engineers trained at Canadian Forces School of Military Engineering are trained through their Engineering
career, skills that progress from basic laborer to worksite supervisor. I am responsible for the planning,
support and supervision of Military and Domestic operations in accordance with all safety and environmental
directives regulated by the Federal and Provincial Government.
Great experience
Electrical Generator Systems Technician (Current Employee), Trenton OntDecember 29, 2014
It is a great place to learn and be exposed to many different situations. It is a well oiled machine as far as structure and management. The hardest part of the job is not being able to plant roots, as you are subject to short notice deployments and moves. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the new experiences almost everyday.
Enjoyed
ATIS Technician (Current Employee), Cold Lake, ABDecember 10, 2014
Gave me the tools I needed to move forward, completed my contract. Personal values such as Family, relationship do not matter to the Military. they are important to me. I have to move on for my family and values and am pleased with my time served.

I am grateful of the training, and the experience. Personal circumstances dictate that I move closer to my daughter to maintain the relationship. The CAF continued to move me farther away without attempting to resolve the issue with me.
If you like working independence
Infantry soldier (04-13) , Fire Fighter (Present) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 8, 2014
Pros: gym, full kitchen to cook your own meals
Cons: it can be long days when theres no calls...but no calls means its a good day for everyone.
My typical day at work is everyone knows there task and perform them on your own.If i'm not sure about the given tasks my co-workers are always there to help me out.The hardest part of my job is when theres a medical call you never know whats the situation of the patient before you arrive.The most enjoyable part of the job is the gym when you feel like working out.
Co-Driver (Current Employee), London DetachmentDecember 7, 2014
Pros: great working enviroment
Cons: being away from home for extended days.
While working for the forces as a co-driver i learned how to be a team player and how to grow as a team. in the forces we learn that it is not a individuals job the only way to have a strong forces is to work together in all aspects. When on duty i would go in and sit in a briefing room to learn the task at hand for the day. then i would group up with my section and find out what everybody strengths are and work in that manner. the management was great because everybody new what needed to be done and it was clearly communicated. the hardest part of being in the forces is the being away from home from time to time for weekends. The best part of being a member of the forces is the brotherhood bond that is made its one big happy family.
Great enviroment to learn to work as a team player
Cadet Instructor Cadre Officer (Current Employee), Kingston, ONDecember 1, 2014
The skills learned in this environment are invaluable to all possible work place. As a Reserve Force Officer it allows to give back to the community and other employment opportunities.
Good work environment
Firefighter (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 1, 2014
Pros: camaraderie, sports, physical fitness promotion
Cons: moving every few years if you have a family
I have enjoyed my career in the Canadian Forces. I was fortunate to be employed as a reservist full time for over a decade. Due to recent cutbacks by the Federal Government, many reserve members of the Forces were scaled back to a part time status for half the year. This simply is not stable enough to live off of. Why not go into the Regular Force?. My wife has a very good career and it would not be fair for me to expect her to pack up every 3-4 years and search for another job in another area.
awesome
Combat Engineer Regiment (Former Employee), chilliwack bcNovember 30, 2014
great job, learning how to shoot guns, do demolition. really physically demanding.
traveling the world serving my country has been a great expirence
Navel Weapons Tech and Fire Control Tech (Current Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: seeing the world for free
Cons: 300+ days away from home most years
During my 11 years in the Canadian Forces I have been to 15 countries and over 100 cities in those countries. this has given me the ideal that Canada is the best place to live from the places I have been. It is time for me to move on, I am finding it harder to keep the same sailing schedule and see my children more. Having a fly in fly out job will allow me to spend more time with my kids.

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Forces

The Canadian Forces, officially the Canadian Armed Forces, is the unified armed force of Canada, as constituted by the National – Read more