Canadian Forces

Canadian Forces Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great training, everybody should experience it
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Really enjoyed time spent with the Military. Opportunity to travel and see parts of the world I otherwise would not have. I feel the training was second to none as it was not a production based outfit.
The pay and benefits are a bonus
Gunner (Artillery) (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: new friends
Cons: long hours
Great Benefits; Salary was good; Diverse people; Ever changing work place.Lifestyle can be hard on family unit with long periods of being away from family
Canadian Forces
SEARCH AND RESCUE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Comox, BCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Part of the military
Military provided a salary based career that allowed me to build life experience and travel around the world. It installed discipline and a regimented lifestyle, allowing me to discover possibilities I would never had know existed prior to my enlistment.
good
Armored Crew Man (Former Employee), Toronto ontarioMarch 20, 2015
i was a good job got to work with a good group of guys always a good time never had any complaints it was a job it wasnt always easy but thats work for you
Exciting and Challenging Career
Military Logistics Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2015
Opportunities to learn a trade or skill as well as develop as a person. Diversity of locations in which to employ/grow/develop your skills in garrisons or deployed on operations or training in Canada or around the world.
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours in the cold weather
One thing that I love about my job is that I learn something different everyday, and everyday I am doing something different. My job also involves some traveling. The employees and management are all motivated and want to be there. I am appropriated for what I do
nice workplace
Non-Public Fund Accounting Clerk (Full-time) (Current Employee), Shilo, MBMarch 2, 2015
routine work, new ERP is coming, more efficient work on hand
Far from city, Commuting is a problem during the winter time.
No Life like it.
Supply Technician / Postal Clerk (Current Employee), CFB EdmontonFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: job security, adventure, never the same day.
Cons: away from home a lot, never knowing when your going to be called in, on call 24/7 with no overtime.
There is no such things as a typical day in the Army. Everyday brings new adventure and bigger challenges. You learn to adapt, improvise and over come any and all obstacles. You get the job done with results even if your given little to know information or tools.
Management has been the best of both worlds, I've had some great supervisors who you don't mind going above and beyond for and then I've had some well you do what is expected from you but always get the job done. The important thing is to learn from everyone and take what you need to progress in your own career.
My co-workers have been nothing shy of the best, they stand beside you in good times and bad times, they are always easy to come to work and know one of them is going to make your day better.
The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of not knowing what is coming up in your future and last minute taskings that take you away from your life outside of work at drop of the hat, putting you in rough conditions with little comforts.
The most enjoyable part of te job has been knowing that with all the hard work, you're making a difference in the lives of others.
Warehouse Management
Supply Technician (Former Employee), canadaFebruary 26, 2015
Warehousing Management: Highly accomplished managerial professional with nearly 15 years of experience leading fulfilment operations, transportation logistics, warehousing and producing scheduling. Organizer and planner with the demonstrated ability to implement effective process controls and improvement initiatives. Staff manager highly effective at training and counselling to improve performance. Fully versed in occupational health and workplace safety.
Steady and Diverse environemt
Audio/Video/Secure/Line Section Manager (Former Employee), North Bay, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: pensions, good benefits, good pay
Cons: continually relocating
Very good career. Varied and challenging assignments. Ample opportunity for varied employment tasks and locations.
Interesting
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Suffield, ABFebruary 13, 2015
My long career in the military has allowed me to see and do many different and unique things. I have been around the world and trained to do things the average person has never done.
Diverse experience which no longer offers the opportunities I seek.
squadon quarter master, second in command (Current Employee), Toronto, onFebruary 13, 2015
Working for the CF for the passed 11 years has offered me a diverse experience. Many of my positions were uninspiring, others were more so, demanding more of my attention and offering a very rewarding experience in exchange.
Great Job
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee), Wainwright, ABFebruary 10, 2015
Loved it. No two days were exactly the same. Great team environment and Always learning something new. Great way to meet people from all walks of life from all over the country.
Vinces Market
Active Member of the Canadian Reserves (Current Employee), Sharon Ontario.February 8, 2015
Highschool job, was great, close to home, made lots of friends. Well managed location, and treated all foods with care. I enjoyed working here.
fast pace enviroment
Driver (Former Employee), brockville ONFebruary 3, 2015
the Canadian forces is a government job with lots of opportunities to rise through the ranks and become a better person.
Excellent job, great benefits
Chief Clerk (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: travelling involved, working some weekends and week nights
Typical day at work includes approving pay, supervising 4 other clerks, doing reports for headquarters, keeping Commanding Officer informed of all activities and ensuring that all deadlines are met. I have learned just about everything I know administratively from this job and also have held a leadership role in my day to day activities. I have always had a great working relationship with my coworkers whether they were my subordinates, peers or supervisors. The hardest part of my job was moving from one position to another position within the Canadian Forces which sometimes included moving to a different city. My most enjoyable part of my job with the Canadian Forces was learning different jobs and meeting new people.
Bad Culture for Work/Life Balance
Reserve Support Staff Officer (Current Employee), EdmontonJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: work/life balance
Being posted across Canada every 4 years or so seems fun when you're young. But it quickly gets very old.
Get place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: paid vacation. free days off.
Cons: war.
The training is awesome. I think everyone should do 3 years of the Canadian Forces to get the great experience and lifestyle. It gives you a greater sense of responsibility.
very rewarding job with great potential
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: knowing i'm making a difference
Cons: at times stressfull
A typical day for me starts on (weekends) at 5am followed by 45 minute Physical fitness , after breakfast I have a full day of training and test /exams to study for,
high pace very demanding not much down time learn many new things in a fast amount of time
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Gagetown, NBJanuary 6, 2015

1 2 3 4 5

About Canadian Forces

The Canadian Forces, officially the Canadian Armed Forces, is the unified armed force of Canada, as constituted by the National – Read more