We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader to take on the challenge in our Saskatchewan region as the:
Director, Provincial Affairs, Saskatchewan
In this role you will have the opportunity to use your strong analytical and research skills to shape the Legislative Affairs agenda at CFIB. Your work will translate the CFIB members’ positions on Provincial Affairs into political actions ensuring the best possible representation for small business. Responsibilities
- Act as advocate on behalf of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), within the assigned Province(s), and on occasion, nationally.
- Conduct formal presentations to influence policy makers on CFIB position.
- Be the media spokesperson for Saskatchewan, ensuring that CFIB’s policy represents the needs of the SME sector.
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop staff and collaborate with CFIB’s Business Resources department and provide assistance where required on SME policy issues.
- Attend Regional Meetings with Field personnel to further present and develop positions on key issues.
- Strong leadership skills to coach, mentor and develop staff.
- Vast knowledge of small and mid-size business related issues such as government policy and economics.
- Superior communication and presentation skills and a passion for SMEs.
- Strong research and analytical skills and the ability to write reports, briefs and prepare highly complex material that is presented to Field employees, members, the general public as well as to government and other interest groups.
- A university degree in economics, public policy, political science, or equivalent.
- At least five years experience in an economic, public policy, or research setting.
Qualified individuals are invited to forward resumes with cover letter in confidence.
With the strength of over 109,000 small business owners (5,250 in Saskatchewan) from coast-to-coast, the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is the big voice for small businesses. For over 40 years we have represented the interests of the small business community to all three levels of government in their fight for tax fairness, balanced labour laws and less government red tape. To learn more about our organization, visit our website at www.cfib-fcei.ca.
Indeed - 8 months ago