The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to the support of small and medium-sized businesses in Canada. CFIB has a high profile in government, business and among the general public as the premier political voice for small business. Our organization has an exciting new opportunity for a Business Counsellor position. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Director of Provincial Affairs, British Columbia in our Vancouver office.
- Respond to inquiries from CFIB members on business issues such as human resources, taxes, regulations and internal programs.
- Help small business owners make important business decisions by providing accurate, thoughtful and timely advice.
- Provide assistance to Manager by preparing correspondence and keeping materials up-to-date
- Proof-read materials
- Be a team player in a small office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service, problem solving and follow up skills.
- Knowledge of government legislation and understanding of current issues facing small-medium businesses is an asset.
- A post-secondary training in business administration or equivalent with 3-5 years of practical experience.
Your passion for helping small business owners will make you successful in this role and you will see the direct results of your work. To apply, Please send your resume by April 30th 2014.
With the strength of over 109,000 small business owners from coast-to-coast, the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is the big voice for small businesses. For over 40 years we have represented the interests of the small business community to all three levels of government in their fight for tax fairness, balanced labour laws and less government red tape. To learn more about our organization, visit our website at www.cfib-fcei.ca.