Reporting to the Web Manager, in this role you will be responsible for working with our Web team and various departments to develop and implement all facets of CFIB’s web applications and customizing existing technology to meet the needs of our members and employees.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design and develop user interfaces to Internet applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout development life cycle.
- Determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Develop, maintain and enhance systems based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Monitor and ensure optimal performance for websites.
- Support and develop application developers by providing advice, coaching, developing documentation and assistance tools.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must have at least three years experience coding and developing websites.
- Proven ability to code dynamic web apps with cross platform/browser compatibility.
- Strong knowledge in software requirements, architecture, development fundamentals, Object Oriented Design (OOD) and multimedia content layout.
- Demonstrated ability to complete all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, functionality, testing and support.
- Proven experience with Microsoft.NET technologies including, ASP.NET, ADO.NET.
- Proficiency with Visual Studio and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge with Google Analytics and mobile applications development experience is a definite asset.
- Flexibility and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and business environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with both non-technical and technical people.
- University degree in computer science or related areas is an advantage.
With the strength of over 109,000 small business owners from coast-to-coast, the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is the big voice for small businesses. For over 40 years we have represented the interests of the small business community to all three levels of government in their fight for tax fairness, reasonable labour laws and less government red tape. To learn more about our organization, visit our website at www.cfib.ca
Indeed - 13 months ago