Contact Name: Vu He
Organization Name: Canadian Diabetes Association
Address: 917A Albert Street
Regina, Saskatchewan S4R 2P6
Organizational Description: Charitable non-profit
Volunteer Engagement Services Team (VEST) Recruiter
About Canadian Diabetes Association:
We believe that people with diabetes can one day win the fight against this chronic disease by getting actively involved in the Association. The Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA) focuses on leading the fight against diabetes by helping people with diabetes live healthy lives while working to find a cure.
As a charitable organization, we believe a community-based network of volunteers, employees, health-care professionals, researchers and partners can improve the lives of people with diabetes. The way we make this happen is through research, advocacy, education and services, which has allowed CDA become active in 150 Canadian communities and supporting people living with diabetes.
At the moment, CDA in Regina, SK is looking for a Recruiter to join our Volunteer Engagement Services Team (VEST).
About the VEST:
The primary purpose of VEST is to support the CDA staff. The Team consist solely of volunteers, and aim to coordinate the majority of the day-to-day contact with volunteers. The overall goal of the VEST is to increase the capacity of the Volunteer Engagement Manager and deliver strategic volunteer engagement within Saskatchewan.
VEST members will become community ambassadors and are responsible to recruit quality volunteers, inspire volunteer commitment, and foster working relationships between staff and volunteers so as to extend the outreach of CDA in the community and increase the effectiveness of both the staff and volunteers.
About the Recruiter:
As a volunteer, the recruiter’s role is to increase volunteer capacity in the Canadian Diabetes Association through targeted recruitment and community presence. You will report to and supported by the Volunteer Engagement Manager and work closely together with other VEST Members (Lead, Records Manager, and Trainer). As other members, you will play an integral role in supporting the primary day-to-day functions of the VEST.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Recruiter:
- Collaborate with staff to identify techniques, strategies, skills, groups or individuals in the region who can help expand the CDA's reach.
- Receive requests for volunteers from staff and implement appropriate active recruitment strategies through methods such as online resources, social media, brochures, posters, 'calls to action', role postings, free psa's, etc.
- Schedule interviews, interview volunteer candidates, analyze responses, verify references
How you will benefit:
- Hone/Gain new skills such as public speaking, presentation, networking, communication and facilitation.
- Extension of professional and personal networks.
- Gain experience in a team that acts as a Human Resources department.
Qualities of a Recruiter that we would like to see:
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite, online resource, and social media.
- Organizational skills that help in handling volunteer information
- Motivated by maintaining and representing the professional image of the Association and protect confidential information of others
- Experience in either staff or volunteer recruitment methods is an asset.
- Human Resource and/or sales experience is an asset.
Training for this position will be provided. There will be a CDA orientation and VEST introduction and position specific training. Volunteer Engagement Manager and VEST Leader and Members will be available for questions and assistance.
- 4 hours per week for a six month minimum.
How to Apply: Hit Apply button below, fill out information, and click "Apply"
Closing Date: Aug 31, 2014