Position: Community Initiatives Intern
(One year contract starting May 2013)
Job Description: As part of the North Western Ontario team the intern will provide leadership and direction to volunteers, community groups and individuals and who support the Canadian Diabetes Association. The intern must have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects while achieving results and meeting projected goals. Evening, weekend work and travel may be required.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research new foundations/grants to apply for funding.
- Complete grant applications and reports when required.
- Assist in pre-event preparation.
- Help in organizing large scale fundraisers/events.
- Provide administrative and clerical support when needed.
- Maintain database records.
Degree in business, marketing or political science.
Individuals with a college diploma in marketing/business or individuals with a degree in sociology, psychology or social work with significant volunteer and marketing experience may be considered.
- Marketing Experience
- Media relations/interview skills
- Excellent volunteer and project management skills
- Experience planning community events
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and able to learn new programs quickly (databases, etc.)
Please submit letter of interest, resume and three references before 4pm on April 22 2013 to:
Community Engagement Coordinator
Canadian Diabetes Association
501-200 S. Syndicate Ave.
Thunder Bay, On
Phone: (807)577-4232 ext.225
Applicants must be a Northern Ontario Secondary school graduate twenty nine (29) years of age or under who recently graduated from an accredited college or university. Graduates from an educational institution outside of Northern Ontario who have resided in the North for at least one year are eligible.
The successful applicant is subject to a criminal records check.
Mature graduates may be considered.