To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position.
Operators must follow company policies and procedures, including keeping their training up to date.
A Hoisting Engineer is a person trained to maintain and operate the large cranes needed to lift, move and position heavy materials such as concrete, steel, gravel, construction supplies and machinery. They work at construction and industrial sites, ports, factories, warehouses, dockyards or rail yards.
- Operate Crane and Hoisting equipment
- Assess the assigned task and advise on site conditions and equipment to safely complete the work
- Complete walk around, safety checks, test lifts and load chart calculations
- Install blocks and jibs as required
- Mentor and coach Apprentice Crane and Hoisting Technicians
- Operators must sign off on monthly safety talks
- Operators must complete daily trip books and crane logs
- Required: Valid AZ or DZ License with a clean Driving Abstract that meets or exceeds the
minimum standards as established by company management. Annual abstract must be
submitted in January at the expense of the operator.
- Required: 339A Mobile 1 to operate machines larger than 15 Ton
- Operator must be drug free.
- Operators must pass company WHMIS, Fall Arrest, Hoisting and Rigging & Job specific training
- Operators must attend mandatory H&S training sessions
- Must have 3-5 years prior experience operating mobile cranes
- Operators must be physically and mentally capable of operating a Crane.
- Operators should have good hand-to-eye coordination and depth perception.
- Operators should be mechanically inclined and be able to do general repairs and maintenance
on heavy equipment.
- Operators must demonstrate their capabilities in operating a Crane in a reliable and safe manner.
- This position requires knowledge of company policies and procedures, and general business
The majority of the Crane Operator’s time will be spent at the customer’s work site outdoors, and subject to harsh weather conditions. This job requires extensive travel with some overnight work assignment. A portion of the Operator’s time will also be spent in the Company Shop performing routine repairs and maintenance.
Depends on experience:
- $28.50-$33.00/HR overtime after 10HRS/day, overtime on Sat and Sun.
- Benefits, RRSP, Clothing Allowance & Phone Allowance
- Full time, permanent position.
WE WILL ONLY BE LOOKING AT APPLICANTS THAT HOLD A VALID 339A HOISTING ENGINEER LICENSE.