canadian corps of commissionaires Employee Reviews

a great place to work with veterans who've served their country
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Suffield, AB4 December 2017
The Canadian Corps of Commissionaires is a great job with great people to work and interact with...people who have served their country and know the value of doing a good job effectively and efficiently.
Pros
great people, decent money and benefits
Cons
sometimes working outdoors in poor weather conditions
Nice job for students
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 November 2017
A really great staff who are very understanding and enjoyable to work with. A very welcoming job for students and the elderly. A variety of different roles to choose from.
Pros
Good pay
For most Part It was Enjoyable.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB29 September 2017
Most Days were Peaceful, but at same Time Others were Stressful. Learned how to handle Security Cameras and emergency situations. Management I had no problems with and at End of service was Supervising. Generally had good relations with wherever/whoever was Working for. The Hardest Parts came when Emergencies Came up, but aside from those times I Found the Routine Mostly enjoyable.
The Commissionaires is a good company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK23 September 2017
After leaving the CF as a disabled veteran I was able to work and advance to a senior operation position of Master Warrant Officer and Branch Operations Supervisor.
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay and bad hours, often negative security situations.
Terrible company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 September 2017
Treated like a common slave the office has no idea who is at what sites they expect work to be your life the office is very unorganized uniform is very terrible quality often comes damaged or wrong
Pros
When my shift is done
Cons
Having to work for such a terrible company
All a facade for the worst security company ever
guard (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK21 August 2017
After several years with the Corps i can tell you, prejudice is rampant, shady deals everywhere, take advantage of employees re:wages, hours, service, uniform costs etc.
Keeping Veterans names on payroll long after they have left employee or even after death to bolster numbers for gov't contract first right of refusal.
No real recognition of service reflected in pay.
Pros
easy to get time off, two feet and a heartbeat fill most positions
Cons
too numerous to list here
Good place to work with great people
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 July 2017
Great place to work and the ability to interact with lots of people. Get to learn new things and work at different places. It is a steady pace job with not much downtime, constantly moving.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
Not many holidays
work life balance is good
Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB5 July 2017
benefits are good work life balance are good. Drama at work makes for difficult days. advancement opportunities are limited and a lot of favoritism.
a move up is a move closer to the door.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
After a move up they keep things normal for a while then move you out so they can replace you with someone cheaper and so it begins again. They are supposed to hire ex military and ex police that's the mandate of the Commissionaires, but Calgary gets rid of ex military and ex police so they can hire people who will work cheaper.
Generally a good company to work for
Office Support / Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 May 2017
This is generally a good company to work for.

Training was provided for each site and was adequate to enable me to do my job effectively. Management at the sites I worked at was good. The hardest part of the job was the unpredictability of hours at some sites. While the salary was typical for the industry the salary at some sites was low.
Pros
Variety of sites and duties
Cons
Low hourly pay rate
Good company
mobile patrol officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2017
company that takes care of its employees thru benefits and a variety of location, positions and work hours; enjoyed this as ex military member due to a similar rank/management structure
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
not always full time available
airport parkade
Cashier/Inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
it is a good place to work, i am doing from 7 years,learned so many things having good experiences,Good and friendly environment.reason for finding another job because of night shifts.
Pros
free employee parking
Cons
night shifts onli
Amazing company to work for!
Security (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
Canadian Corps of Commissionaires is everything you would expect from a company plus more. The leadership, courses, and training are all amazing, and there is lots of room for advancement and promotions. However, the pay is low (hard to raise a family), no retirement plan exists, and there are no sick days available.
Pros
Great leadership, great atmosphere, lots of room for promotions/advancement, and great leadership courses available.
Cons
Low Pay, No Retirment Plan, No Sick days
Good company to work
Full-time Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2016
I enjoyed my every work day. I learned how to satisfy our clients while following our Post Order. I manage my work hours and job duty perfectly and professionally, and I like to talk to my co-workers if I have. The hardest part of the job is that we need act immediately when something emergent problems happen. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make the clients happy with our job.
working with experienced person
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2016
Working environment is good. Co-worker/supervisor they have experience in security field and they knows what they are doing. People are responsible and have a professional way, to do work at site.
Pros
good site to work and gain experience
Cons
sometimes hard to take / switch shifts.
ugly place to work period
security, commissionaire (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK, Toronto Ontario, Calgary Alberta.20 October 2016
a whiney, backstabbing organization! lots and lots of deceptive practices, and corruption. Not recommended at all! many many cover-ups on investigations as well as cash payoffs
Pros
nil
Cons
too many to mention
Security Guard
Security Guard (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Downtown16 October 2016
Many of my co-workers were retired, tired and over the age of 65. They are not able to perform their duties and know how to play the system. Advancing and training is non existing and the communication is terrible.

Supervisors are afraid to make decisions and are not trained deal deal with situations.

The company was once great but lost its appeal.
Pros
Free Parking, benefit
Cons
scheduling, management, no follow up
Parking Enforcement Officer (Calgary)
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2016
The Corps had the contract for Parking Enforcement for many years but lost it in 2015.
During the years that I worked as a Peace Officer/Parking Enforcement Officer, I saw many former military people removed from the work site and not offered another job. Being ex-military means nothing to them. They don't even make an effort to put ex-military people working in Federal job sites. The original intent of keeping former military people working, has gone out the window.
When we found out that we were losing the parking contract, we got a memo stating that we would have priority to get another job, but when the end arrived, we were laid off and terminated from the Corps and were told to re-apply. One of our guys had thirty years with the corps, imagine, he was told he had to re-apply Shameful way to treat people. They just don't care about employees and the retired officers make sweet salaries off the backs of their workers. My perception is a serious lack of integrity from management and their HR department is completely useless. I saw people terminated without cause and had nowhere to turn. Not many people can afford a lawyer to sue, and they count on this.
Pros
benefits and pay cheque
Cons
supervisors were dictators and never listened or cared about your suggestions
A day at work
jail guard (Current Employee) –  Big River, SK29 August 2016
I presently do guard duty at the local RCMP detachment which involves surveillance of cell block on monitors, we are managed by the RCMP detachment.
We work on a rotating shift basis or as required
Hardest part of job is listening to prisoners rant
best part of the job is knowing you are doing a community service
Cons
not always advance warning of when you are required
Driver
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 May 2016
Over all it was a joy to help those who were to enjoy a holiday.
To be able to give my passengers a safe and comfortable ride to Toronto Airport and also Hamilton Airport.

The days started early between 1;30am to 4:00am and work sometimes until 3pm. The hardest part of the job was doing 3 or more round trips from Hamilton to Toronto Airport and to be sharp while driving.
Pros
Joyment of meeting travellers
Cons
Low wage Low tips