Canadian Cancer Society

Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive fun place with lots of great people
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary,ABOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: there was no cons
I was a volunteer with the planning and organizing committee for barks for life. I worked with people to get advertising in store arrange for event sponsors and work as a teem to bring the event to a success the whole thing was a learning curve and developed new skills in people as well as organizing
A great establishment that focuses on patients and a "home away from home" for many patients
Team Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: work scheduling can be flexible
Cons: identifying best ways to support patients and their family
At the Jean C. Barber Lodge I perform a variety of duties that range from administrative work such as, booking reservations, attending to the phones and taking payment, to medical duties such as, being a first responder in medical emergencies, maintaining status of priority patients and incident reporting.

At the Lodge I have learned to remain calm – more... and assertive in medical emergencies such as heart attacks, hypoglycemic events; as well as, learned to provide medical advice for common side effects of cancer treatment. The hardest part of the job has to be identifying the best way to support patients and their families emotionally as the treatment and treatment process can be very difficult for both the patients and their loved ones. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be making great connections and relationships with the patients. Many patients will be staying at the lodge from anywhere from one week to 6 months and you get to meet many great people. – less
Good experience in fundrasing
Marshall (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches for volunteers
Cons: outdoor weather conditions
A variety of opportunities supporting fundraising for cancer. Great environment of people.
enjoyed working in that type of working environment
Data entry clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton AbJuly 17, 2014
Pros: easiest people to work with
Cons: location wasnt as easy to get tobefore they moved it
co workers were great to work with they are super friendly and helpful
learned to use my organizing skills better and to be more efficient
Good
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2014
I like Canadian Cancer Society. I would like to become a member of the committee.
Am expecting good results and jobs
Volunteer Work (Delta relay for life) (Current Employee), Fraser Valley Regional District, BCJune 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: a lot of physical activities
It was really tiring handling 9 year old kids who run around and always try to do a prank. encourage the to do new activities. make them comfortable doing each and every conflict. resolve conflicts between them.
fun place to work
Volunteer Recruiter (Former Employee), Stratford, OntarioMay 21, 2014
Pros: warm atmosphere
Cons: many negative responses
This was a fantastic place to work. People came in off the streets to attend support groups or talk. Everyone was treated like family. There were only a small group of us working, usually in the evening.
I would talk to be people about volunteering some of their time to help raise funds for the Cancer Society
Amazing People
Volunteer Receptionist (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMay 16, 2014
Amazing people working together
great staff
friendly atmosphere
Comfortable environment with work autonomy
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 9, 2014
- Great place to work
- Received appropriate supervision along with support from other colleagues
Amazing, caring group of people within the organization
Volunteer Engagement Assistant (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMay 9, 2014
Working for such a great non-profit organization such as the Canadian Cancer Society has really connected me with some very talented and passionate staff and volunteers. Everyday is never the same, with a wide variety of challenges, but at the end of the day you're always left with a great sense of fulfillment.
Community Engagement
Community and Volunteer Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee), Oakville, OntarioMay 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: contract
working along side the dedicated volunteers and helping clients is inspiring
this was volunteer work only
volunteer (Former Employee), Ottawa,OntarioMay 1, 2014
Pros: great way to meet your neighbours
canvassed and recruited volunteers.
I was presented with the Caduceus pin in recognition of the work done.
Data Entery
Intern (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioMarch 4, 2014
Great working place and my favourite type of work which was to organize and entering data on an excel.
Working as .Net developer at CCS.
Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2014
My work starts at 9 o'clock ans ends at 5 o'clock. I start work by checking my emails, arranging my work orders, meeting schedules and project deadlines. After meeting with PMs, I start development, enhancement and testing codes related to ASP.net web application or window application or SharePoint.

Working with friendly co workers has enhanced my – more... interpersonal skills, communication skills and listening skills. Working with team is most enjoyable part of job. – less
The whole job was wonderful
Assistant Transportation Co-Coordinator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 4, 2014
Best way to describe this position. Would be what I think what working at the stock market would be like. When the clock comes to 8:00 am you don't stop until the clock chimes in at 4:00 pm.
Everyday was different and brought on many many challenges that where all resolved to the at most professionalism possible
Very nice atmosphere among staff, good companionship.
Volunteer office clerk, Fundraiser (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2014
Very rewarding otherwise than moneywise working as a volunteer.
Good companionship.
Have done several other tasks, like fundraising.
Excellent Work and Life Balance
Network Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2013
Pros: summer fridays
Cons: non profit, small room for advancement
Everyday brought challenges of managing over 40+ sites in multiple provinces with widely different needs. In this supporting staff of over six hundered on a daily basis. The Society has over 70,000 volunteers who have access to various parts of the computer network. Strict and rigid access control management is in place and checked.

Working and large – more... WAN has its challenges with providing access to all sites to our modernized data centre. Making sure we have the highest up-time possible.

Management to which I report to is excellent, second to none. Working with my co-workers is a pleasure. Being part of a very small team, which very large responsibility is very enjoyable.

Working is such a dynamic environment has brought my technical skills up to date. With updated Server farms to 2008 +, deployment of WAN Accelerators, implementation and maintenance of VoIP systems. With my time here, learning is something that you do a daily basis. – less
Awesome experience
Relay For Life (14hrs Security) (Former Employee), Aurora, ONNovember 24, 2013
Pros: expanding my horizons
Cons: weather
It was one of the first security jobs I have done, and as far as I am concerned it was an amazing event. The event itself is for a great cause so to be apart of it however that may be is a blessing and am willing to do it again any time.
walking around
volunteer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 26, 2013
Pros: helping out a good cause
Cons: volunteer
walk around door to door, for the cancer society to try to get more people to contribute .
Volunteers don't get Paid
Volunteer (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMay 30, 2013
Pros: good feelings
Cons: n/a
I volunteer with them not to meet people but to get work done that keeps them going. I don't want thanks, it's why I like Data entry.

1 2 3