Canadian Cancer Society Employee Review

View all Canadian Cancer Society reviews

Excellent Work and Life Balance
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2013
Everyday brought challenges of managing over 40+ sites in multiple provinces with widely different needs. In this supporting staff of over six hundered on a daily basis. The Society has over 70,000 volunteers who have access to various parts of the computer network. Strict and rigid access control management is in place and checked.

Working and large WAN has its challenges with providing access to all sites to our modernized data centre. Making sure we have the highest up-time possible.

Management to which I report to is excellent, second to none. Working with my co-workers is a pleasure. Being part of a very small team, which very large responsibility is very enjoyable.

Working is such a dynamic environment has brought my technical skills up to date. With updated Server farms to 2008 +, deployment of WAN Accelerators, implementation and maintenance of VoIP systems. With my time here, learning is something that you do a daily basis.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
Non Profit, Small Room for Advancement

Other Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews

Best Place to work
Fundraising Coordinator (Waterloo, Brantford (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 February 2018
EWB is absolutely a place to work. They allow flexibility, travel, advancement and always pour as much energy as possible into their employees. They love strong willed and driven individuals.
many nice people to work with. friendly working environment.
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
Colleagues are supportive and helpful. Working schedule is very flexible. You can come early in the morning and leave early in the afternoon as long as you have worked 8 hours a day.