Canadian Cancer Society Employee Review

View all Canadian Cancer Society reviews

Excellent Work and Life Balance
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2013
Everyday brought challenges of managing over 40+ sites in multiple provinces with widely different needs. In this supporting staff of over six hundered on a daily basis. The Society has over 70,000 volunteers who have access to various parts of the computer network. Strict and rigid access control management is in place and checked.

Working and large WAN has its challenges with providing access to all sites to our modernized data centre. Making sure we have the highest up-time possible.

Management to which I report to is excellent, second to none. Working with my co-workers is a pleasure. Being part of a very small team, which very large responsibility is very enjoyable.

Working is such a dynamic environment has brought my technical skills up to date. With updated Server farms to 2008 +, deployment of WAN Accelerators, implementation and maintenance of VoIP systems. With my time here, learning is something that you do a daily basis.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
Non Profit, Small Room for Advancement

Other Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews

Good Cause
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 October 2017
Volunteering with the canadian cancer society is fun and beneficial. You learn lots and your time/hours are always accounted for. Never feels like a waste of time, always fun
Pros
fun
Cons
no cons
A great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 October 2017
Excellent staff, very supportive, Organized.

Overall a great place to work.

A good place for Volunteering and growing your network.

I enjoyed it.