Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews

voluteer
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
work in a society where they want to collect money and donation for the people who had cancer disease their mission are to raise donation for research in such a bad disease to find the solution and help the scholar to do their job properly
Productive, educational and friendly place to work
Fundraising and Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 November 2016
I loved that there was no typical day at work. I learned how to be very flexible and prioritize tasks as required. There was always something new to learn especially with the research department and when auditing offices. The co-workers were great to work with and made my day that much more enjoyable. I believe the environment you work in and the people you work with can make it easier to get up and go to work. I found the hardest part of the job was having to shut down my computer at the end of the day on time as I enjoyed working there so much, I never noticed the time going by.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
Management Heavy
Great colleagues
Unit Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 December 2016
Hard working colleagues with no appreciation from peers. I was lucky to have good peers and help as and when I needed it. Management up in the air with no plan going forward. Training freely available but working part time, no opportunity to avail of it. Great organization with terrible management.
Pros
Fantastic colleagues
Cons
Management not led by managers.
Great work-life balance, understanding management
HR Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
The culture and people are the strongest point CCS has. Currently going through a major change, unstable environment and job uncertainty. It is nice to work for an organization aiming for more than just profit.
Great cause and organization
Volunteer Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 December 2016
The Canadian Cancer Society has taught me a lot about how to conduct interview and engage current and future volunteers. The Canadian Cancer Society is a selfless organization that cares about their volunteers, workers and the people they are helping.
Pros
Great cause, free snacks
Cons
not paid, small volunteer base
Online Coach
Online Coach (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 February 2016
Assisting relay participants in setting up and personalizing their donation webpage, encouraging and supporting participants to meet their fundraising goals, offering suggestions to fund-raise, providing information on the Relay For Life, tracking and reporting participant progress to supervisor.
Rewarding Workplace
Fundraising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 August 2016
This is my second summer working as a Fundraising Assistant at the Canadian Cancer Society. I truly enjoy working for this organization as I believe all the hard work that is put into this job is for a great purpose and that is to continually attempt to make a difference in cancer research and change.
It is a positive environment in the office, and my co-workers and manager are both easily approachable.
I find it very rewarding to assist in planning fundraising events and see the hard work fall into place.
Pros
A lot of fun fundraising events you can attend within the community.
Cons
A lot of overtime hours that you dedicate your time to.
Perfect job
Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 January 2017
I was an ambassador of youth for the Canadian Cancer Society.
They always helped me when I needed it and gave me all the supplies I would need to do my job the best way that I can.
Pros
had all the help I could have
Cons
didn't sign my hours
Great satisfaction helping cancer patients and families
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK8 September 2016
This was "The most satisfying job" I had ever. In addition to all day-to-day tasks, a genuine sense of satisfaction was there by having first hand experience of helping cancer patients and their families. It is a very good combination of working and helping.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Running into some extremely sad situations while helping cancer patients
volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 December 2016
went door to door. did it for hours for school. not really much i can say. love helping out. makes you feel good. you meet some rude and some nice people.
A work place that is more than just a job. It gives an outlet to give back to ones community
Office assistant (Current Employee) –  Melfort, SK12 May 2013
8:30 to 4:30 fast paced, varied tasks of data entry, volunteer coordination, and other office admin duties.
I have increased in my data entry and other computer skills while on the job thanks to their in house training available.
The Cancer Society has some very good managers.
Co-workers work together as a team and are supportive of one another.
The hardest part of the job is hearing the news that someone we know as a client or friend has died due to cancer.
The best part of the job: Working together with the volunteers to accomplish specific tasks.
Pros
the people we get to work with.
Cons
restraints of being a non-profit organization. ie. Cost to raise a dollar
Positive Enviroment
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 October 2016
I have been a volunteer for 14 years, I am still volunteering here and I love it, the company is going in a very good direction and helping massive amounts of people in terrible situations
A rewarding experience
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton14 November 2016
I was fortunate to lead in modernizing transportation services through centralization, computerization and integration.
fun and productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2016
it's a great community to be a part off. Doing something and giving back to the community feels a lot better than doing nothing at all about such a disease that has a huge impact on society
Pros
communicating with people
Cons
standing outside
excellent working environment
health ambassader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2016
The best part about volunteering at the Canadian cancer society is working that you are making a difference even if it is a small difference. It is very rewarding and worthwhile experience. the team is very friendly, supportive and appreciative of the work that we do.
Pros
good cause, administrative experience
fun voluntary experience
Assistant Teacher (Kindergarten) (Former Employee) –  Newmarket10 July 2012
For the Canadian cancer Society I set up a table outside of local grocery stores in the area, and sold yellow tupils to help support and raise awareness for cancer. I was in charge of greeting people and asking them if they were interested is supporting the cause. I then had to handle cash. At the end of my shift I was responsible for making sure everything was cleaned up and that i returned all the left over flowers and money to my supervisor.
data entry clerk
Data Entry /Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 August 2016
assisted with, data collection and filing. provided support for colleagues. organized volunteers for events. ensure that volunteer completed the task assigned to them.
Pros
incentives
volunteerd to raise money for cancer research
Relay for Life Team Assistant Captain (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON6 July 2015
raised money for cancer research with bake sales and other fund raising to help the fight against cancer. had a great time with other team members at fund raisers
Pros
raised money to fight cancer
fun place to work
Volunteer Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Ontario21 May 2014
This was a fantastic place to work. People came in off the streets to attend support groups or talk. Everyone was treated like family. There were only a small group of us working, usually in the evening.
I would talk to be people about volunteering some of their time to help raise funds for the Cancer Society
Pros
warm atmosphere
Cons
many negative responses
i was a volunteer at the cancer society I had alot of fun working with the people there
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 March 2015
I volunteered at the cancer society.I learned alot there and had alot of fun doing all the fundraisers and activities.I really enjoyed my time volunteering there
Pros
helping people

4.5