Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews

work environment
Customer Service Representative/ Campaign Caller (Former Employee) –  Regina, NM27 April 2017
I kept pretty much to myself and trained the Lucas on the phones. I did the work needed. but I felt I wasn't appreciated just used for my talents on the phone to get through the calls. on average I did 150- 200 calls a day.
Cons
Workplace with a mission you can get behind
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 April 2017
Management is supportive.
Departments work together to achieve mission goals
Strong sense of camaraderie
A lot of independence in approaching and completing projects
Good work-life balance but no opportunity to advance
Communications and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
CCS is a fantastic organization with an incredible mission. It's going through a major period of transition which has made it extremely difficult to advance. There's a great emphasis on work life balance. The people who work at CCS have almost all been touched by cancer in some way which means that the majority of staff there are extremely passionate about the cancer cause.
this was a good opportunity to learn a different job experience
temporary seasonal telephone recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2017
a typical day at work was making phone calls to recruit volunteers to canvass and collect donations. I learned how hard it is to be a telephone recruiter. management did not give enough material in order for one to be successful at this job
overall
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2017
Such an amazing non-profit organization to work for, I am beyond blessed for the opportunity. They are always seeking ways too help grow and make it better and our opinion truly does matter
Great work-life balance, understanding management
HR Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
The culture and people are the strongest point CCS has. Currently going through a major change, unstable environment and job uncertainty. It is nice to work for an organization aiming for more than just profit.
Perfect job
Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 January 2017
I was an ambassador of youth for the Canadian Cancer Society.
They always helped me when I needed it and gave me all the supplies I would need to do my job the best way that I can.
Pros
had all the help I could have
Cons
didn't sign my hours
Great cause and organization
Volunteer Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 December 2016
The Canadian Cancer Society has taught me a lot about how to conduct interview and engage current and future volunteers. The Canadian Cancer Society is a selfless organization that cares about their volunteers, workers and the people they are helping.
Pros
Great cause, free snacks
Cons
not paid, small volunteer base
Great colleagues
Unit Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 December 2016
Hard working colleagues with no appreciation from peers. I was lucky to have good peers and help as and when I needed it. Management up in the air with no plan going forward. Training freely available but working part time, no opportunity to avail of it. Great organization with terrible management.
Pros
Fantastic colleagues
Cons
Management not led by managers.
volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 December 2016
went door to door. did it for hours for school. not really much i can say. love helping out. makes you feel good. you meet some rude and some nice people.
Productive, educational and friendly place to work
Fundraising and Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 November 2016
I loved that there was no typical day at work. I learned how to be very flexible and prioritize tasks as required. There was always something new to learn especially with the research department and when auditing offices. The co-workers were great to work with and made my day that much more enjoyable. I believe the environment you work in and the people you work with can make it easier to get up and go to work. I found the hardest part of the job was having to shut down my computer at the end of the day on time as I enjoyed working there so much, I never noticed the time going by.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
Management Heavy
A rewarding experience
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton14 November 2016
I was fortunate to lead in modernizing transportation services through centralization, computerization and integration.
Positive Enviroment
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 October 2016
I have been a volunteer for 14 years, I am still volunteering here and I love it, the company is going in a very good direction and helping massive amounts of people in terrible situations
fun and productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2016
it's a great community to be a part off. Doing something and giving back to the community feels a lot better than doing nothing at all about such a disease that has a huge impact on society
Pros
communicating with people
Cons
standing outside
Great satisfaction helping cancer patients and families
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK8 September 2016
This was "The most satisfying job" I had ever. In addition to all day-to-day tasks, a genuine sense of satisfaction was there by having first hand experience of helping cancer patients and their families. It is a very good combination of working and helping.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Running into some extremely sad situations while helping cancer patients
Rewarding Workplace
Fundraising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 August 2016
This is my second summer working as a Fundraising Assistant at the Canadian Cancer Society. I truly enjoy working for this organization as I believe all the hard work that is put into this job is for a great purpose and that is to continually attempt to make a difference in cancer research and change.
It is a positive environment in the office, and my co-workers and manager are both easily approachable.
I find it very rewarding to assist in planning fundraising events and see the hard work fall into place.
Pros
A lot of fun fundraising events you can attend within the community.
Cons
A lot of overtime hours that you dedicate your time to.
data entry clerk
Data Entry /Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 August 2016
assisted with, data collection and filing. provided support for colleagues. organized volunteers for events. ensure that volunteer completed the task assigned to them.
Pros
incentives
Productive and fund workplace.
Fundraising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2016
Great fundraising learning experiences! Many different events to organize and met a lot of friendly donors and volunteers.
voluteer
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
work in a society where they want to collect money and donation for the people who had cancer disease their mission are to raise donation for research in such a bad disease to find the solution and help the scholar to do their job properly
Cooperative Education Student (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON16 June 2016
I learned many social media technquies and how to approach business during fundraising. I learned how to manage my time in between school and placement.
Pros
Good learning Experiences
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Cancer Society. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5