Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews

Canadian Cancer Society great place
Fundraiser Regional Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB5 August 2017
I enjoyed working at CCS, as this was a personal motivation for me, the atmosphere was fantastic. I traveled alot to Winnipeg, do not care to do that any more.
Non-profits struggle now and days, and this is something that I do not care to continue with, overall great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Had to fill budgets get money
Fun ladies to work with
Co-op/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 August 2017
I have volunteered here for the past 7 years and they are amazing people to work with. There are always laughs and good times. They are always looking for volunteers.
Incredible team to be apart of!
Event Organizer (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON22 July 2017
This group of individuals that have dedicated so much of their time and energy towards the cause, show what passion and determination truly are. They demonstrate strength as a group in raising awareness and spreading hope for those struggling to win the fight against cancer.
N/a
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 July 2017
The organization provides support and assistance to cancer patients, families and the general public. This is a non-profit organization and is facing the same challenges that all charities face in the modern age: people are less giving, there are more charities to compete with and senior leadership is constantly making changes to the workforce.
fun workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 July 2017
It was fun getting to know people and helping others. The events are really fun to volunteer at. You get to meet new people and just have a great time.
Boring
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 July 2017
typically just handing out flyers and asking customers to donate for a good cause. I stayed one day for about 6 hours until we were told that we can leave.
Pros
Got my volunteer hours
Cons
It was so boring and it felt like the time was not going by at all
Lots of firings as they restructure
PS (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 July 2017
A lot of people have been let go recently. Many HR related issues with poor management. Pay is decent and benefits are good. Pension. Sadly the morale is very low, people are unahppy and management needs to work on their people skills.
Benefits
Lots of change happening
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
This is an ok company to work at although there are many changes.

The salary is not very competitive although work life balance compensates for that.
A productive fundraiser for cancer patients
Team Co-Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK7 June 2017
A yearly event which takes place for students to volunteer and gain experience, where many people work together to gather money for cancer patients. This is a well put together event, in which people do not only gather together to collect money but also to walk, sing, and dance; forgetting all the stresses which one goes through in their everyday lives.
Amazing working environment
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada22 May 2017
I truly enjoyed my time here. This was a volunteer position. I was treated well and I had the opportunity to grow my skill-set. The culture was great and so were the people!
good
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
Fundraising event. As a volunteer it was my duty to inform people about benefit of donation, respond to people inquires and handled donations.Nice and
Pros
meet new people
work environment
Customer Service Representative/ Campaign Caller (Former Employee) –  Regina, NM27 April 2017
I kept pretty much to myself and trained the Lucas on the phones. I did the work needed. but I felt I wasn't appreciated just used for my talents on the phone to get through the calls. on average I did 150- 200 calls a day.
Cons
Workplace with a mission you can get behind
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 April 2017
Management is supportive.
Departments work together to achieve mission goals
Strong sense of camaraderie
A lot of independence in approaching and completing projects
Good work-life balance but no opportunity to advance
Communications and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
CCS is a fantastic organization with an incredible mission. It's going through a major period of transition which has made it extremely difficult to advance. There's a great emphasis on work life balance. The people who work at CCS have almost all been touched by cancer in some way which means that the majority of staff there are extremely passionate about the cancer cause.
this was a good opportunity to learn a different job experience
temporary seasonal telephone recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2017
a typical day at work was making phone calls to recruit volunteers to canvass and collect donations. I learned how hard it is to be a telephone recruiter. management did not give enough material in order for one to be successful at this job
overall
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2017
Such an amazing non-profit organization to work for, I am beyond blessed for the opportunity. They are always seeking ways too help grow and make it better and our opinion truly does matter
Great work-life balance, understanding management
HR Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
The culture and people are the strongest point CCS has. Currently going through a major change, unstable environment and job uncertainty. It is nice to work for an organization aiming for more than just profit.
Perfect job
Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 January 2017
I was an ambassador of youth for the Canadian Cancer Society.
They always helped me when I needed it and gave me all the supplies I would need to do my job the best way that I can.
Pros
had all the help I could have
Cons
didn't sign my hours
Great cause and organization
Volunteer Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 December 2016
The Canadian Cancer Society has taught me a lot about how to conduct interview and engage current and future volunteers. The Canadian Cancer Society is a selfless organization that cares about their volunteers, workers and the people they are helping.
Pros
Great cause, free snacks
Cons
not paid, small volunteer base
Great colleagues
Unit Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 December 2016
Hard working colleagues with no appreciation from peers. I was lucky to have good peers and help as and when I needed it. Management up in the air with no plan going forward. Training freely available but working part time, no opportunity to avail of it. Great organization with terrible management.
Pros
Fantastic colleagues
Cons
Management not led by managers.