Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews in Canada

volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 3, 2016
At one day events they give you a very long shift but its a great way to get hours and give back to a great organization. They give you food to which was nice
Volunteer
Volunteer Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2016
- Built relationships.
- People are very strong.
- Friendly and Supportive.
- Can be emotional.
- Helping others and getting to know new people.
Pros
Good Cause
Cons
Can be political
Online Coach
Online Coach (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 6, 2016
Assisting relay participants in setting up and personalizing their donation webpage, encouraging and supporting participants to meet their fundraising goals, offering suggestions to fund-raise, providing information on the Relay For Life, tracking and reporting participant progress to supervisor.
Rewarding and worthwhile experience
President, Whistler & Pemberton Unit (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Volunteering for the Canadian Cancer Society is a very rewarding and worthwhile experience. The team at their Vancouver office is always supportive and appreciative of the work that we do.
Pros
great cause
Wonderful Supportive place to work
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ONJanuary 13, 2016
I was very fortunate to find a home for 18 months with The Canadian Cancer Society. It was very rewarding. This was a fast paced job that you had to be able to multi task. The staff was very supportive and they were excellent co workers.
Pros
This job gave me purpose
Cons
I wasn't able to stay longer...would go back in a minute if the opportunity presented its self.
First job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 14, 2015
I started out as a volunteer and they asked me to become a summer internship. It gave me an opportunity to explore the business atmosphere and be apart of a great organization.
Pros
administrative experience, learned data entry, working with excel
Self fulfilment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 27, 2015
The best part about volunteering at the Canadian Cancer Society was knowing that you are making a difference even if it was a small difference.
productive and professional
Data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  edmonton, abSeptember 9, 2015
the most organized and productive in achieving all their goals
like how things were done in a timely fashion and was done professionally.
I learned a lot about how to work in an office environment
Great Workplace
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCAugust 25, 2015
I loved working for the Cancer Society! They have a great workplace culture and everyone was so welcoming and willing to train and work with you!
Good Company To Work For.
Account Manager, Corp Dev - Relay For Life (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 13, 2015
Great work life balance, very passionate about mission. My department is led by very intelligent senior staff. They have a great work life balance.
Quiet relaxing professional
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 9, 2015
For the most part the job has a very professional and quiet environment, which can be very relaxing. I was required to organize supplies from events the cancer society had. I had mail room duties and was required to stamp letters, file mail, and shred old documents.
volunteerd to raise money for cancer research
Relay for Life Team Assistant Captain (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ONJuly 6, 2015
raised money for cancer research with bake sales and other fund raising to help the fight against cancer. had a great time with other team members at fund raisers
Pros
raised money to fight cancer
Extracurricular
Strategic Event Planner, North York (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMay 25, 2015
This was only a charity event that I was a part of and this was not a paying job. The people were fun to work with overall. The event was also excellent to organize.
Great organization that is making a difference
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  BramptonMay 22, 2015
Canadian Cancer society is great. I volunteered at two events, Canadian Cancer Society's Relay for life Brampton and Georgetown. The people there were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free food
Cons
long hours, alot of heavy lifting
Productive versitile work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 8, 2015
I enjoyed volunteering through my high school while I attended. I met a lot of interesting people and the never failed to offer me different opportunities at their various fundraising events and awareness events.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Sometimes outside and in poor weather
Very friendly volunteers and management
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 14, 2015
Management is very friendly and hours are accommodating. Volunteer partners are probably the best you can get, and I learned that when someone volunteers for a good cause, usually they're pretty good people. Then most enjoyable part of the job is the aftermath, because of the extended periods of time spent outside, you either get very burnt or really tan, which I find is pretty amusing.
Pros
it's all for a good cause
Cons
sun burns are generally pretty bad
i was a volunteer at the cancer society I had alot of fun working with the people there
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 19, 2015
I volunteered at the cancer society.I learned alot there and had alot of fun doing all the fundraisers and activities.I really enjoyed my time volunteering there
Pros
helping people
Good Experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Whitby OntarioMarch 5, 2015
It was great working with the Canadian Cancer Society. I have volunteered a few times this past year with the Daffodil Month and Pink Ribbon Month handing out each to people. I also volunteered for Run or Dye in the Summer of 2014 which was associated with the Canadian Cancer Society. Each time I work with them, it is wonderful. I love helping people and talking to them and raising money for a good cause. I learned a lot about cancer that I didn't know before I started volunteering with them. A typical day volunteering for the Daffodil/Pink Ribbon months is that I have 3 hour shifts and I sell daffodils or pink ribbons to people, raising money.
Pros
good staff
good way to help society
Volunteer Driver (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 13, 2015
this was a volunteer position
-great way to help people who needed rides for their treatment\
-was sometimes difficult to take emotionally with seeing the patients
productive fun place with lots of great people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABOctober 12, 2014
I was a volunteer with the planning and organizing committee for barks for life. I worked with people to get advertising in store arrange for event sponsors and work as a teem to bring the event to a success the whole thing was a learning curve and developed new skills in people as well as organizing
Pros
great people
Cons
there was no cons

4.5