Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews

Productive, educational and friendly place to work
Fundraising and Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 November 2016
I loved that there was no typical day at work. I learned how to be very flexible and prioritize tasks as required. There was always something new to learn especially with the research department and when auditing offices. The co-workers were great to work with and made my day that much more enjoyable. I believe the environment you work in and the people you work with can make it easier to get up and go to work. I found the hardest part of the job was having to shut down my computer at the end of the day on time as I enjoyed working there so much, I never noticed the time going by.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
Management Heavy
Great satisfaction helping cancer patients and families
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK8 September 2016
This was "The most satisfying job" I had ever. In addition to all day-to-day tasks, a genuine sense of satisfaction was there by having first hand experience of helping cancer patients and their families. It is a very good combination of working and helping.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Running into some extremely sad situations while helping cancer patients
Rewarding Workplace
Fundraising Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 August 2016
This is my second summer working as a Fundraising Assistant at the Canadian Cancer Society. I truly enjoy working for this organization as I believe all the hard work that is put into this job is for a great purpose and that is to continually attempt to make a difference in cancer research and change.
It is a positive environment in the office, and my co-workers and manager are both easily approachable.
I find it very rewarding to assist in planning fundraising events and see the hard work fall into place.
Pros
A lot of fun fundraising events you can attend within the community.
Cons
A lot of overtime hours that you dedicate your time to.
fun and productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2016
it's a great community to be a part off. Doing something and giving back to the community feels a lot better than doing nothing at all about such a disease that has a huge impact on society
Pros
communicating with people
Cons
standing outside
excellent working environment
health ambassader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2016
The best part about volunteering at the Canadian cancer society is working that you are making a difference even if it is a small difference. It is very rewarding and worthwhile experience. the team is very friendly, supportive and appreciative of the work that we do.
Pros
good cause, administrative experience
Positive Enviroment
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 October 2016
I have been a volunteer for 14 years, I am still volunteering here and I love it, the company is going in a very good direction and helping massive amounts of people in terrible situations
data entry clerk
Data Entry /Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 August 2016
assisted with, data collection and filing. provided support for colleagues. organized volunteers for events. ensure that volunteer completed the task assigned to them.
Pros
incentives
voluteer
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
work in a society where they want to collect money and donation for the people who had cancer disease their mission are to raise donation for research in such a bad disease to find the solution and help the scholar to do their job properly
A rewarding experience
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton14 November 2016
I was fortunate to lead in modernizing transportation services through centralization, computerization and integration.
Cooperative Education Student (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON16 June 2016
I learned many social media technquies and how to approach business during fundraising. I learned how to manage my time in between school and placement.
Pros
Good learning Experiences
Cons
N/A
Productive and fund workplace.
Fundraising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2016
Great fundraising learning experiences! Many different events to organize and met a lot of friendly donors and volunteers.
Wonderful Supportive place to work
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ON13 January 2016
I was very fortunate to find a home for 18 months with The Canadian Cancer Society. It was very rewarding. This was a fast paced job that you had to be able to multi task. The staff was very supportive and they were excellent co workers.
Pros
This job gave me purpose
Cons
I wasn't able to stay longer...would go back in a minute if the opportunity presented its self.
Online Coach
Online Coach (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 February 2016
Assisting relay participants in setting up and personalizing their donation webpage, encouraging and supporting participants to meet their fundraising goals, offering suggestions to fund-raise, providing information on the Relay For Life, tracking and reporting participant progress to supervisor.
Rewarding and worthwhile experience
President, Whistler & Pemberton Unit (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC1 February 2016
Volunteering for the Canadian Cancer Society is a very rewarding and worthwhile experience. The team at their Vancouver office is always supportive and appreciative of the work that we do.
Pros
great cause
volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 April 2016
At one day events they give you a very long shift but its a great way to get hours and give back to a great organization. They give you food to which was nice
Volunteer
Volunteer Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2016
- Built relationships.
- People are very strong.
- Friendly and Supportive.
- Can be emotional.
- Helping others and getting to know new people.
Pros
Good Cause
Cons
Can be political
First job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 November 2015
I started out as a volunteer and they asked me to become a summer internship. It gave me an opportunity to explore the business atmosphere and be apart of a great organization.
Pros
administrative experience, learned data entry, working with excel
Quiet relaxing professional
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 August 2015
For the most part the job has a very professional and quiet environment, which can be very relaxing. I was required to organize supplies from events the cancer society had. I had mail room duties and was required to stamp letters, file mail, and shred old documents.
Very friendly volunteers and management
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 April 2015
Management is very friendly and hours are accommodating. Volunteer partners are probably the best you can get, and I learned that when someone volunteers for a good cause, usually they're pretty good people. Then most enjoyable part of the job is the aftermath, because of the extended periods of time spent outside, you either get very burnt or really tan, which I find is pretty amusing.
Pros
it's all for a good cause
Cons
sun burns are generally pretty bad
productive and professional
Data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  edmonton, ab9 September 2015
the most organized and productive in achieving all their goals
like how things were done in a timely fashion and was done professionally.
I learned a lot about how to work in an office environment

4.5