Canadian Cancer Society Employee Reviews in Canada

Online Coach
Online Coach (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 6, 2016
Assisting relay participants in setting up and personalizing their donation webpage, encouraging and supporting participants to meet their fundraising goals, offering suggestions to fund-raise, providing information on the Relay For Life, tracking and reporting participant progress to supervisor.
volunteerd to raise money for cancer research
Relay for Life Team Assistant Captain (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ONJuly 6, 2015
raised money for cancer research with bake sales and other fund raising to help the fight against cancer. had a great time with other team members at fund raisers
Pros
raised money to fight cancer
excellent working environment
health ambassader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2016
The best part about volunteering at the Canadian cancer society is working that you are making a difference even if it is a small difference. It is very rewarding and worthwhile experience. the team is very friendly, supportive and appreciative of the work that we do.
Pros
good cause, administrative experience
Wonderful Supportive place to work
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ONJanuary 13, 2016
I was very fortunate to find a home for 18 months with The Canadian Cancer Society. It was very rewarding. This was a fast paced job that you had to be able to multi task. The staff was very supportive and they were excellent co workers.
Pros
This job gave me purpose
Cons
I wasn't able to stay longer...would go back in a minute if the opportunity presented its self.
Cooperative Education Student (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJune 16, 2016
I learned many social media technquies and how to approach business during fundraising. I learned how to manage my time in between school and placement.
Pros
Good learning Experiences
Cons
N/A
volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 3, 2016
At one day events they give you a very long shift but its a great way to get hours and give back to a great organization. They give you food to which was nice
Rewarding and worthwhile experience
President, Whistler & Pemberton Unit (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Volunteering for the Canadian Cancer Society is a very rewarding and worthwhile experience. The team at their Vancouver office is always supportive and appreciative of the work that we do.
Pros
great cause
i was a volunteer at the cancer society I had alot of fun working with the people there
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 19, 2015
I volunteered at the cancer society.I learned alot there and had alot of fun doing all the fundraisers and activities.I really enjoyed my time volunteering there
Pros
helping people
Volunteer
Volunteer Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2016
- Built relationships.
- People are very strong.
- Friendly and Supportive.
- Can be emotional.
- Helping others and getting to know new people.
Pros
Good Cause
Cons
Can be political
A work place that is more than just a job. It gives an outlet to give back to ones community
Office assistant (Current Employee) –  Melfort, SKMay 12, 2013
8:30 to 4:30 fast paced, varied tasks of data entry, volunteer coordination, and other office admin duties.
I have increased in my data entry and other computer skills while on the job thanks to their in house training available.
The Cancer Society has some very good managers.
Co-workers work together as a team and are supportive of one another.
The hardest part of the job is hearing the news that someone we know as a client or friend has died due to cancer.
The best part of the job: Working together with the volunteers to accomplish specific tasks.
Pros
the people we get to work with.
Cons
restraints of being a non-profit organization. ie. cost to raise a dollar
First job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 14, 2015
I started out as a volunteer and they asked me to become a summer internship. It gave me an opportunity to explore the business atmosphere and be apart of a great organization.
Pros
administrative experience, learned data entry, working with excel
fun voluntary experience
Assistant Teacher (Kindergarten) (Former Employee) –  NewmarketJuly 10, 2012
For the Canadian cancer Society I set up a table outside of local grocery stores in the area, and sold yellow tupils to help support and raise awareness for cancer. I was in charge of greeting people and asking them if they were interested is supporting the cause. I then had to handle cash. At the end of my shift I was responsible for making sure everything was cleaned up and that i returned all the left over flowers and money to my supervisor.
fun place to work
Volunteer Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Stratford, OntarioMay 21, 2014
This was a fantastic place to work. People came in off the streets to attend support groups or talk. Everyone was treated like family. There were only a small group of us working, usually in the evening.
I would talk to be people about volunteering some of their time to help raise funds for the Cancer Society
Pros
warm atmosphere
Cons
many negative responses
Good Company To Work For.
Account Manager, Corp Dev - Relay For Life (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 13, 2015
Great work life balance, very passionate about mission. My department is led by very intelligent senior staff. They have a great work life balance.
Self fulfilment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 27, 2015
The best part about volunteering at the Canadian Cancer Society was knowing that you are making a difference even if it was a small difference.
productive and professional
Data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  edmonton, abSeptember 9, 2015
the most organized and productive in achieving all their goals
like how things were done in a timely fashion and was done professionally.
I learned a lot about how to work in an office environment
Great Workplace
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCAugust 25, 2015
I loved working for the Cancer Society! They have a great workplace culture and everyone was so welcoming and willing to train and work with you!
Very friendly volunteers and management
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 14, 2015
Management is very friendly and hours are accommodating. Volunteer partners are probably the best you can get, and I learned that when someone volunteers for a good cause, usually they're pretty good people. Then most enjoyable part of the job is the aftermath, because of the extended periods of time spent outside, you either get very burnt or really tan, which I find is pretty amusing.
Pros
it's all for a good cause
Cons
sun burns are generally pretty bad
Great organization that is making a difference
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  BramptonMay 22, 2015
Canadian Cancer society is great. I volunteered at two events, Canadian Cancer Society's Relay for life Brampton and Georgetown. The people there were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free food
Cons
long hours, alot of heavy lifting
Quiet relaxing professional
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 9, 2015
For the most part the job has a very professional and quiet environment, which can be very relaxing. I was required to organize supplies from events the cancer society had. I had mail room duties and was required to stamp letters, file mail, and shred old documents.

4.5