Team Lead, Community Giving
Vancouver Division Office
Regular Full Time, 35 hours per week
Reporting to the Director, Community Giving, accountable for providing leadership and support to the Greater Vancouver Area Community Giving. Overseeing a portfolio of events and associated staff, particular emphasis will be focused on developing budgeted revenue and expense targets, identifying areas for revenue development growth and reporting on the progress as well as ensuring successful execution of each event plans and its logistics for assigned events. This position will also ensure that mission integration and volunteer engagement occur within the revenue development campaigns.
1. Accountable for achieving regional revenue targets leading Community Giving activities
- Works with the Director, Community Giving to develop Regional Community Giving budgeted revenue and expense targets in conjunction with regional operational plans; administers and monitors the approved budget and plans accordingly
- Along with other regional Team Leads, actively participates in planning, ongoing program management and disseminates training to regional team as required
- Measures and tracks indicators of progress and analyzes regional Community Giving revenue development activities, while identifying and escalating findings and recommending solutions as required or identify areas for improvement and areas for growth
- Works closely with Manager, Relay For Life and proactively addresses issues that could hinder achieving annual budgeted net revenue.
- Ensures all event communications are distributed timely and accurately to all constituent groups. Coordinates event logistics and planning as prescribed for large-scale community events.
- Ensures successful execution of established community fund-raising and/or other income events within assigned regions
- Acts as the staff partner for at least one Relay For Life event, oversees the implementation of event activities in the region executed by volunteers, assisting as required.
- Ensures all aspects of Relay For Life Memorandum of Understanding are met.
- Supports the staff partner assigned to the COPS for Cancer steering committees and key sponsors.
- Defines volunteer requirements (vacant roles, desired characteristics) and assists Volunteer Engagement with recruitment and event- specific training.
- Ensures volunteer leaders execute event plans and recruit number of teams and participants required to meet budget
- Ensures fundraising coaching plan in pace for each event as required, including in-person, telephone and online in order to maximize fundraising and decrease number of participants who raise $0.
- Ensures identified best practices are implemented in all Community Giving properties.
- Actively responds and takes initiatives on fundraising opportunities with donors, continuing to ensure they are moved forward in the process and maintains as a relationship steward
- Assists in identifying sponsorship leads and underwriting opportunities to maximize income potential for events
- Maintains the integrity of the Regional Revenue Development database (Raiser’s Edge) by complying with policies and procedures for data collection and entry systems; ensures that regional Revenue Development staff and selected volunteers are proficient in the application of the database;
- Reports on the progress of the Community Giving Revenue Development component of the region’s annual Operational Plan, including the compilation of statistical and other reports;
- Displays exceptional project management skills and ensures that all programs are delivered in accordance with Division or national standards;
- Participates in Division initiatives to revise or enhance existing Revenue Development activities; to design new activities; and to conduct regular evaluations of activities;
- Identifies opportunities for cross-promotion between regional programs and Revenue Development activities;
- Identifies, establishes and maintains productive relations with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient conduct of Regional Revenue Development activities;
- Seeks partnership opportunities with other organizations and groups to promote the region’s Revenue Development activities;
- Represents the region in Division or National meetings and teleconferences, as required.
2. Develops and maintains an adequate, effective and efficient Regional Revenue Development volunteer force:
- In collaboration with the regional Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, ensures the effective recruitment, selection, orientation, training, regular upgrading and recognition of regional Revenue Development volunteers;
- Accountable for collaboratively setting and achieving volunteer recruitment goals for each event based on best practice.
- Is a volunteer engager - serves as a resource to volunteers and staff with respect to the Division’s volunteer training system;
- Monitors and evaluates the volunteer training system, and ensures resources and processes are in place to maintain and support the system.
3. Effectively coaches regional Community Giving staff
- Provides functional direction and supervision to members of the Regional Revenue Development team in their day-to-day activities, ensuring coordination and consolidation of effort; responsible for overseeing activities on a portfolio of events.
- In conjunction with director, provides guidance and motivation to staff through effective coaching.
- Engages staff while providing feedback and holds workforce accountable
- Is a staff partner within team - understands the importance to coach and lead from behind.
4. Accountable for other job related duties as assigned
5. Accountable for role modelling the Society’s Values by demonstrating appropriate behaviour in Caring, Integrity, Courage, and Progressiveness.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of strategic and operational planning, budgeting, and financial analysis required
2. Ability to interpret and execute strategic plans and memorandums of understanding with clear comprehension of defined and flexible elements.
3. Knowledge of human support program models and preventive health initiatives required
4. Excellent interpersonal skills, including teambuilding, presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to coach or mentor others; ability to work effectively with donors, volunteers, and staff.
5. Strong ability to motivate people. Is open, approachable, tactful and politically sensitive
6. Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and maturity in dealings with a broad variety of constituents
7. Demonstrated positive, influential, can-do attitude while maneuvering within a complex, matrix-structured environment
8. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
9. Self-motivated. Displays strong organizational and analytic skills
10. Demonstrated business planning and project management skills
11. Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects with tight deadlines
12. Proven ability to set and accomplish goals and objectives, establish priorities with minimal direction, and influence people.
13. Excellent teambuilding, presentation and facilitation skills.
14. Proven ability to coach or mentor others
15. Proven excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
16. Ability to understand and work with complex issues
17. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, an asset.
18. Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to understand and work with complex issues
19. Experience working with volunteers at the community level
20. Proficient in PC use, particularly in word processing, database and spreadsheet software
21. Experience with online fundraising technologies.
22. Demonstrated ability in using database software to create queries, exports and mailings
23. Ability to work a flexible schedule and to travel throughout the region
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. University degree or equivalent professional designation preferred
2. Five years’ successful fundraising experience, preferably in the non-profit sector
3. Three to five years’ experience in conducting Special Events, preferably at a supervisory level
4. Certification from a recognized fundraising program an asset.
5. Sales and account management training/experience an asset.
6. Experience in leading and managing teams
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document no later than Friday, June 14, 2013.
Please apply directly in our website: