Online Fundraising Specialist
Canadian Cancer Society,Vancouver Division Office
Regular Full Time, 35 hours per week
Working closely with the Director, Annual Giving and Team Lead, Annual Giving the purpose of this role is to write online content, and assist with the implementation and training of online giving solutions in order to generate revenue for multiple properties. This position is responsible to ensure we utilize best practices to maximize our fundraising and education efforts, as well as ensure we conform to CRA/CMA regulations.
- Source information and write/edit web content.
- Work in partnership with the Marketing team to ensure that all web creative is developed in accordance with property standards, including assigning appropriate images, audio, or video as needed.
- Collaborate with property leads to develop the e-solicitation and donor/participant communication strategy, and resulting content.
- Provide support in the delivery of online fundraising initiatives for new and existing programs, across the organization. This could include, but is not limited to, the creation and replication of online fundraising solutions, online receipt management, web site content updates, e-mail deployment, Google Analytics, SEO/SEM campaigns, social media activities, and reporting.
- Participate actively in quality assurance testing of online solutions.
- Develop and maintain documentation for training manuals, webinars, and business processes as they relate to property-specific online fundraising solutions.
- Provide on-going functional guidance in support of the online fundraising solutions to fundraising staff and volunteers, respond to inquiries and provide coaching as required.
- Analyze campaign and program strategies, and measure the effectiveness of online mediums.
- Report on online and integrated campaigns, including web analytics, costs, results, and response.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to assist with Social Media integration.
- Ensure the Society’s visual identity and web development standards are adhered to in all online fundraising initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards of CRA, CMA, PIPEDA, CCS, and Imagine’s Ethical Fundraising Code.
- Keep current with industry trends and best practices.
- Work with 3rd party vendors (as required).
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of online fundraising techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of practical application of online fundraising website technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the planning and design of online fundraising websites.
- Knowledge of online fundraising website design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of online fundraising websites.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including experience with online data collection, analysis, and report development.
- Excellent organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer focus to interact with staff, donors, and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
- Advanced skills with MS Office and HTML.
- Knowledge of Canadian Cancer Society policies and procedures an asset.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Related post-secondary education, preferably in marketing and/or online marketing/e-commerce; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 3-5 years of web content management experience, preferable in not-for-profit.
- 2 years of web writing experience, preferable in not-for-profit.
- Experience with Blackbaud or Convio software products a definite asset, in particular Raiser’s Edge, Sphere or Luminate.
- Experience with online fundraising platforms and content management systems, preferably with Sphere and or Convio.
- Experience in SEO/SEM campaigns, Google Analytics, PPC/CPC campaigns, and social networking an asset.
- Experience working in a large multi-level or non-profit organization an asset.
- Experience in project and client management an asset.
- Experience in designing and running analytical reports from a database.
- Experience developing and delivering training to local and remote users.
- Experience working with teams in a matrix organizational structure.
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document no later than November 30, 2012. Please also include examples/links of previous websites and email campaigns that you have worked on in your application.
For more information about this and other opportunities to become a member of our dynamic team, please visit and apply directly in our website:
Indeed - 20 months ago