The Lodge Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing and coordinating all office functions related to the Southern Interior Rotary Lodge (SIRL) through efficient and effective administrative support, as well as those office functions related to the coordination and development of lodge services. This position will also participate in the creation of a positive environment for clients.
1. Coordination of Lodge Payment Processing & Accounting:
- Maintaining statistical data, as requested.
- Overseeing billings to residents, Financial Support Program and third party agencies.
- Maintaining account records including summary of accounts receivable and bank reconciliations, in accordance with the Canadian Cancer Society’s (CCS) financial policies & procedures.
- Processing of payments and closing out of Point of Service terminals.
- Accepting and receipting payments for room charges and meal tickets.
- Maintaining a petty cash fund.
- Preparing bank deposits on a regular basis.
- Preparing monthly financial reports, resident statistical reports and other data collection as needed and circulating data as appropriate.
- Accepting and receipting CCS donations.
- Follow up of bad debts.
2. Enables technology within the Lodge by:
- Pro-actively updating skills and learns new software at an appropriate pace.
- Demonstrating proficiency in desktop applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrating proficiency in job-specific software (RDP, Moneris, Great Plains, MS Access, Facilities Management software, Skype, etc.).
- Embracing Division-wide technology changes involving hardware and software.
- Conducting virtual meetings with lodge assistants from other CCS lodges.
3. Provides effective administrative support by:
- Contributing to the well being of the residents and promotes good public relations through a positive and sensitive approach.
- Providing clerical support such as typing, photocopying, faxing and filing; coordinating the collection of data, typing and formatting for reports.
- Coordinating regular meetings and presentations with internal staff and external partners to involve invitations, setting agendas, arranging venues, taking, transcribing and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Processing purchase orders, receipts, accounts payable, etc.
- Providing administrative support to Manager of Lodge Services and Lodge Volunteer Coordinators i.e. types and circulates minutes, agendas, notices of Committee meetings and all reports and correspondence as requested.
- Acting as a resource person to Lodge volunteers or to the Lodge Office Assistants and acknowledging their contributions.
- Coordinating transportation for residents through liaison with the Freemasons volunteers.
- Purging of documents according to routine schedules.
4. Accountable for other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Primary knowledge of general accounting/administrative functions.
2. Knowledge of the initiatives, policies, goals and priorities of the CCS.
3. Customer service focused.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Excellent computer literacy skills (Microsoft package).
7. Experience working with volunteers preferred.
8. Warm and friendly demeanor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of one to three years related experience in Bookkeeping and Office Administration positions.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by February 1, 2013 or apply online at www.cancer.ca
Indeed - 18 months ago