Regular Part-Time (30 hours/week). Southern Interior Region: Cranbrook office or Trail office.
Reporting to the Regional Director, this position is primarily responsible for providing a positive and caring first image of the CCS by promptly answering all telephone calls and greeting walk in traffic in a professional and pleasant manner; and routing all requests to the appropriate person or department. Additionally, this position will provide administrative support in the regional office.
1. Accountable for providing and coordinating Front Desk duties in accordance with the values and mission statement of the Canadian Society
- Portrays a positive first image of the Canadian Cancer Society by answering and transferring 100% of calls in a timely and processional manner.
- Promptly greets clients/guests when they enter the Reception area and informs the appropriate person or department of their arrival.
- Accepts over-the-counter donations and issues an unofficial receipt as required.
- Books CCS Resources in Outlook Public Folders for external groups only (process to be automated for in-house staff bookings).
- Updates staff listings and telephone system direct dial lists on a monthly basis.
- Maintains the register for signing out Service Keys and resources cupboards.
- Acquires in depth knowledge of phone and voicemail systems and provides training on same to new staff members.
- Maintains an up to date Reception Manual for temporary staff to refer to.
- Acquires knowledge of CCS programs and services and know when to refer queries to other organizations such as the Cancer Agency.
- Manages the relationship with telephone service providers; troubleshoots technical issues with phone systems.
- Manages the reception/lobby area, front desk, boardroom and galley kitchen to ensure a professional appearance is portrayed at all times.
- Manages sign-in/security procedures at front desk for visitors and temp staff
2. Administrative support duties
- Reviews and codes invoices.
- Forwards incoming faxes to relevant departments; books outgoing couriers and receives incoming couriers.
- Manages petty cash fund and reconciles receipts on a quarterly basis for the region.
1. Recognized courses/seminars on Receptionist functions or equivalent job-related experience.
2. Strong disposition to customer service, with exceptional interpersonal skills.
3. Two years previous experience as a Receptionist.
4. Ability to provide or obtain routine information in a pleasant manner.
5. Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to speak compassionately with bereaved or distressed clients.
6. Natural warmth when communicating with public; positive attitude.
7. Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office.
8. Ability to sit within workstation for prolonged periods of time.
9. Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure.
11. Ability to report to work regularly and on time.
12. Respects confidentiality.
1. Skilled in the use of various telephone systems.
2. Skilled in the use of current office technology products.
3. Previous experience of providing training to others (for phone system training to new staff).
Interested applicant please submit your cover letter and resume in one document directly through our website www.cancer.ca no later than June 20, 2014.
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national community based organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the...