Time Commitment: 5 days per week, 5 hours per day (maximum 25 hours per week)
Term: January 4, 2013 – April 30, 2013
This position supports the Coordinators, Annual Giving with the implementation of the 2013 Daffodil Campaign (Door to Door and Daffodil Flowers & Pins) in the Greater Vancouver Region .
2013 marks the Canadian Cancer Society’s 75th anniversary as a leading charity in Prevention, Research, Advocacy, Information and Support.
Door to Door (January – March)
- Gain a thorough understanding of the telerecruiting process as one component of the Door to Door fundraising Campaign. (Telerecruiters recruit new volunteers to Canvass or Captain zones within the Greater Vancouver Region)
- Maintains updates and keep daily telerecruiting statistical records from paper form to spreadsheets
- Investigates and researches appropriate zones and walks using maps and the internet
- Contacts recruited volunteers (canvassers and captains) for further clarification if required
- May be second point of contact for new recruits after telerecruiters established contact
- Reviews and updates Maps, Zone files and binders with pertinent materials
- Data entry of new Recruits into Excel/Volunteer Engagement database
- Liaises with Telerecruiting Supervisor as needed
- Enters biweekly payroll into Attendance Enterprise system
- Respects and maintains confidentiality, standards and ethics
- Assists in supervising office volunteers as assigned
- Other duties as assigned pertaining to Telerecruiting and Door to Door Campaign overall
Daffodil Flowers & Pins (March – April)
- Support the development and the implementation of the Daffodil flower and pin campaign in the community at large
- Share campaign resources (ex Googledocs), tools and information with volunteers
- Assemble supplies for Pin Distribution and Street Team Leaders to distribute to their volunteers
- Provide administrative support for Pin and Street Team volunteer training sessions
- Assist with the Daffodil corporate pre-order campaign: prepare and mail pin orders, process pre-order credit card invoices
- Support the Finance Lead with the processing and reporting of Daffodil revenue
- Time permitting, connect with new corporate prospects to secure flower and pin orders
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Comfortable with office equipment and administrative procedures.
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel and Internet. Knowledge of Access would be an asset.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- Able to work independently and on a team
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Friendly and outgoing with a clear voice and polite telephone manner
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Willingness to learn about CCS activities across the Region
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document no later than November 30, 2012.
For more information about this and other opportunities to become a member of our dynamic team, please visit and apply directly in our website: